Sunday 3 March 2013

Showcase Sunday #22


Showcase Sunday is a weekly meme hosted by Vicky at Books, Biscuits and TeaThe aim is to showcase our newest books or book related swag and to see what everyone else received for review, borrowed from libraries, bought in bookshops and downloaded onto eReaders this week.

Hello everyone, the last two weeks have been epic in terms of incoming books, despite me trying not to request as much on Netgalley and Edelweiss, there have been so many great books up that I just couldn't resist! Here are the pretties I received:





Thank you to Harper Collins, Pocket Star and Random House UK.

Wild Awake by Hilary T. Smith
Reboot by Amy Tintera
Losing It by Cora Carmack
Levitating Las Vegas by Jennifer Ecchols
Life in Outer Space by Melissa Keil
When We Wake by Karen Healey
You Look Different in Real Life by Jennifer Castle
Small Damages by Beth Kephart
Infinite Sky by C.J Flood

Wild Awake was a book I had been excited about since late last year when I first featured it as my WOW post, so I'm beyond excited to have been accepted for a copy. Losing It is another New adult book which has been receiving several praising reviews, so I knew I needed to find out what the hype was about. A big thank you to Mandee from Vegan YA Nerds for Life in Outer Space and When We Wake. Mandee absolutely adored Life in Outer Space, you can read her review here. And a big thank you to Donna from Book Passion For Life for Infinite Sky, a book which has been on my wish list for ages.

Lets see the books which Rachel received.


For Review:



Thanks to Simon Pulse, Harlequin Teen, Viking Juvenile, Dutton, Netgalley, and Edelweiss.

The Book of Broken Hearts by Sarah Ockler
The Eternity Cure by Julie Kagawa
The Moon and More by Sarah Dessen
Gameboard of the Gods by Richelle Mead

Bought:


Never Too Far by Abbi Glines
Wait For You by J. Lynn
On the Edge by ILona Andrews

Hey there lovelies. I’m excited about all these books. I’m probably most excited about Gameboard of the Gods and The Moon and More. I’ve been eagerly awaiting Gameboard ever since I heard Richelle Mead talk about her new project at a signing I went to last year.  I’ve been hearing great things about Wait for You by J. Lynn (aka Jennifer L. Armentrout) so I really hope it lives up to expectations.

On a personal note, while you are reading this post I will be on vacation. You may have noticed I’ve been scarce or hit and miss visiting everyone, and I’m so sorry about that! I’ve been frantically trying to get everything ready for my trip for the last couple of weeks.  I’ll be in Paris first then I’m traveling to Prague, London, and then to Bath. I’m beyond excited!! I’ll be out for two weeks but I’ll catch up with everyone when I get back!  I do plan on popping in occasionally on Goodreads, so maybe I’ll “see” you around there.

We'd love to see what you received in your book hauls this week, so leave us a link in the comments that we can check out!   

28 comments:

Keertana said...

Jasprit, I want Wild Awake and Infinite Sky so badly! I cannot wait to receive My Life in Outer Space soon as well and I hope you LOVE Small Damages! :)

Rachel, YOU HAVE THE MOON AND MORE! *dies* I hope it's amazing! Also, I can't wait to see what you think of Ockler's new book! It sounds a little like My Life Next Door! ;) Plus, you bought On the Edge! DECLAN!<3 I hope you love it, dear!

Amazing haul this week, ladies! :D

Maji Bookshelf said...

oh WOW! That is one hell of an awesome book haul!! If you haven't read Losing It, you NEED to read it immediately! I loved it. I am so excited for The Moon and More, Levitating Las Vegas and so many of those!!

- Juhina @ Maji Bookshelf

Bystander said...

I totally want Wild Awake and Losing It as well! I guess I'll have to go and hunt for them!

My STS

Unknown said...

Oh geebus. You have the new Richelle Mead. I officially hate you, ladies (not really). Sigh. Epic. Just. Epic.

Anonymous said...

I am so jealous that you own The Moon and More... I must buy it...

www.booknerdsjourney.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

Eternity Cure and Gameboard of the Gods! I would love to read those two books :D Happy reading..

-Dannielle

Tanja - Tanychy said...

Oh Rachel I've got The Eternity Cure too! :) I can't wait to read it...cause I've seen a really good reviews for it. I'm very curious about that Richelle's new series and Wait for you - I mean JLA! :D
Jasprit my friend is reading Reboot and she is loving it..I hope you'll too. Also Wild Awake seems great! :)
As always I'm a bit jealous because you've got some amazing books. I can't wait to see reviews for it :)

Mel@Thedailyprophecy said...

Reboot and The eternity cure! I'm still waiting to get accepted on Netgalley. I really, really want a copy, because I love The immortal rules.

Happy reading! :D
Haul - Mel@thedailyprophecy.

Aa'Ishah said...

Wow, amazing hauls! I have Losing It, Gameboard of the Gods and The Eternity Cure as well, all of which I can't wait to start! I've heard good things about LI, and I knew I wanted to read Gameboard as soon as I heard that Richelle Mead was writing it. I've got Reboot as well. I hope JLA's new book lives up to expectations!

Awesome hauls, ladies, enjoy! :)

Zoe said...

Great haul! I really want to read Reboot and The Eternity Cure :) Infinite Sky looks really good, I have read so many good things about that one!

My SS: http://www.bookhi.blogspot.co.uk/2013/03/showcase-sunday-20.html

PS. I love your header! It is so pretty! :D What program did you make it on?

tthepageturner said...

Rachel - I quite enjoyed Fallen Too Far, it was a guilty pleasure! I also bought Never Too Far this week, am looking forward to reading it. :)

Jasprit - I'm curious about Reboot. I held out on requesting it as I'm not sure if I'll enjoy it. Will probably wait for more reviews to trickle in before deciding whether I should buy it or not when it's released.

Happy Sunday! ^^

Unknown said...

Soo many good books! I downloaded Eternity Curse too and I'm so excited to read it! I haven't actually read The Immortal Rules yet though so I'll have to get round to that first.. So jealous you've got Infinite Sky! It looks incredible! Looking forward to reading all your review :)

My haul

Laura @ What's Hot?

beccabooklover said...

You are so so so so lucky to get The Eternity Cure. I am uber jealoous right now! I absolutely loved The Immortal Rules. Great books :) Enjoy!

Becca @ Lost in Thought
http://lostinthought-becca.blogspot.co.uk/2013/03/showcase-sunday-31.html

Unknown said...

So many wonderful books! Losing It is so fantastic. I'm excited about Wild Awake, too!! So excited(and tiny bit jealous) about The Moon and More.
Enjoy all the books!

Sarah Elizabeth said...

I got 'the eternity cure' too! Hoping it's good!

Teresa Mary Rose said...

So jealous of Gameboard of the Gods! Can't wait to see what you think about Wild Awake. I'm so curious about that one.

So many people got Wait For You this week myself included. I finished it yesterday and I absolutely loved it so I hope you do too

Teresa @ Readers Live A Thousand Lives

Henrietta @ Leisure Reads said...

Jasprit - I enjoyed reading Losing It, I hope you'll like it :) I haven't heard of Small Damages - I'm going to have to look it up. Thanks for sharing!

Rachel - I'm going to look forward to reading your thoughts on Wait For You and The Book of Broken Hearts. Enjoy a great trip :)

Angie said...

I really want to read Losing It, and Levitating Las Vegas sounds great, too! Hooray for Gameboard of the Gods! :D

Here's Mine @ Pinkindle Reads & Reviews

Suzanne (Parabooklover) said...

Great hauls ladies. Thankfully, I'm managing to keep my requests to a bare minimum at the moment but I did get a copy of The Eternity Cure which I'm really looking forward to.

Have a great vacation Rachel :)

Unknown said...

Oh, AWESOME haul to both of you! Can't wait to hear what you guys think of them.

Have fun, Rachel!

Maja (The Nocturnal Library) said...

Reboot was a real treat! So refreshing and original. And I bought a copy of Small Damages right after reading Keertana's review. Hopefully I'll like it as much as she did.

I was SO excited when I received an e-copy of Gameboard of the Gods. I have a great feeling about it. And of course, The Eternity Cure is on its way to me. :)
Happy reading, girls!

Livvy said...

I hope you enjoy your vacation, Rachel I'm sure you'll enjoy visiting some of those fabulous cities. And oooh, look at those pretty books you can read while you travel, The Eternity Cure and Gameboard of Gods will be two books I'll be interested to hear your thoughts in.

Jasprit I have to say I've stuck to my NetGalley vow the past couple of weeks, but they do look like some particularly awesome books. I'll be looking forward to your thoughts on Reboot.

Enjoy reading ladies! :)

Unknown said...

You both got so many great books this week!! I personally can't wait to dive into Reboot, it sounds amazing! And I'm really interested to see what people think of The Eternity Cure. Happy Reading guys! And have a great vacation Rachel! I hope you bring back pictures to share. :D

Heidi@Rainy Day Ramblings said...

Wow! How are you two keeping up? I am excited about Gameboard, Eternity Cure and interested in Small Damages and that Abbi Glinns book. I am trying to cut back again as I have taken in way way too many books lately. Happy reading, girls.

Blythe Harris said...

I can't wait to see what you think of Wild Awake and You Look Different in Real Life, Jasprit! I requested Wild Awake a few days ago, then I'm going to request YLDiRL. I've never read a book about reality TV, and that one sounds really interesting. Also--yay! Reboot! I'm starting that one after The End Games. And I'm glad you got The Eternity Cure, Rachel! I just got that one--I'm so excited to start it! The Immortal Rules was great. Awesome haul, ladies! I hope you enjoy your vacation, Rachel. *jealous*

Aneeqah said...

So many lovelies, you two! Jasprit, I must admit that I haven't heard a lot about many of the books you received. Wild Awake does look really great, so I think that one is going on the TBR. Small Damages is one that I've read a few reviews for, and they all have been positive so far, so I'm really looking forward to your review.

Rachel, I am super jealous of The Book of Broken Hearts! For some reason, I'm just utterly dying for that book- perhaps because the cover is so gorgeous? It is a Sarah Ockler book though, so it has to be great. ;) And The Moon and More should be fantastic as well. I hope you enjoy your fantastic sounding vacation, Rachel!! I want to hear all about it when you get back.

Lovely haul, ladies! <3

Unknown said...

I loved Losing It! Also Life in Outer Space looks really good, so I look forward to your review for that :)

Wendy Darling said...

So many lovely books! So excited about the Dessen and Mead ones, too. :)

Have a wonderful vacation, Jasprit--what a fantastic itinerary you have planned! And does this mean you and Rachel are going to meet up? Please please have macarons in Paris or some such lovely bookish thing! xoxoxo

Wendy @ The Midnight Garden

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...