Thursday 27 November 2014

Review: The Chase (Fox & O' Hare #2) by Janet Evanovich and Lee Goldberg

The Chase by Janet Evanovich and Lee Goldberg
Publisher: Headline
Publication date: November 4th 2014
My rating: 3 stars



Evanovich and Goldberg provided another exhilarating read in The Chase. Once again we find con man Nick fox and FBI agent Kate O’Hare working to together to bring the baddest names down, and this time I think they sort of meet their match in Carter Grove, he’s ex chief of staff, so always in the knowhow and he’s always surrounded by his Black Rhino operatives and now he has the one thing Kate and Nick need immediately.

This time’s mission wasn’t as straight forward at all, it once again involved bringing a team together, and we were introduced to some great new characters and got to hang out with some much missed familiar faces. But this time I really had my doubts, First of all Nick and Kate didn’t really know who had the item they were looking for and each time it seemed as if they were making progress, something would go horribly wrong or they were given a much shorter time frame to sort things out, making it practically impossible to accomplish everything they had set out to do. But of course when Nick’s on your team nothing is impossible he truly was at times imagining the riskiest suggestions ever, which had me thinking would they even work? But with Kate on his side too, they truly made such a strong team. When their backs were against the wall, they were luckily able to find a way out. I know if I was in their position, I would have crumpled and handed myself in.

Despite many near close encounters, Nick’s team were able to bring several laugh out loud moments during some tense scenes. I loved Nick’s sense of humour; he was never one to get stressed under a difficult situation. I also liked how some characters tried to get their two minutes of fame during what is meant to be a major con and how Kate’s father Jake despite being retired tried to help out anyway that he could. In my review for The Heist I mentioned that I would have liked to see something romance wise between Nick and Kate, although they did seem to get closer in this book, I kind of needed more! The Chase was a wonderful follow up book to what is becoming a series I’m having a lot of fun reading. I can’t wait to see what Nick and Kate get caught up in next.




4 comments:

Joy said...

I wonder when the romance actually develop? I mean, how far into the series until Nick and Kate actually get together? Not gonna lie, that's an incentive for me to jump into the bandwagon. This sounds like the slowest of the slow type of burn. I'll be watching out for your reviews of the next books, Jas. :)

Anonymous said...

I know what you mean about needing more from the romance. It can be so frustrating at times. I'm reading The Exiled Queen right now and I'm dying for some romance although the book is fantastic. :D
I'm curious about this series, but I don't know if I'll attempt to read it anytime soon. Hopefully you'll have more luck with the subsequent books! :)
Lovely review, Jasprit!

Glass said...

For some reason, her novels didn't work out for me, but I am glad that you had fun reading this book, Jasprit!

The Bookish Manicurist said...

I like the premise for this series, it reminds me of White Collar, so I think this would be something I'd enjoy - thanks for introducing it to me, Jas!

Mands @ The Bookish Manicurist

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...