Friday 22 December 2017

Review: Moonlight Over Manhattan by Sarah Morgan

Moonlight Over Manhattan (From Manhattan With Love #6) by Sarah Morgan
Publication date: November 28th 2017
Publisher: HQN
My rating: 4 Stars
Amazon | Barnes & Noble | TBD | Kobo

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/33199875-the-good-daughter 

She'll risk everything for her own Christmas miracle...

Determined to conquer a lifetime of shyness, Harriet Knight challenges herself to do one thing a day in December that scares her, including celebrating Christmas without her family. But when dog walker Harriet meets her newest client, exuberant spaniel Madi, she adds an extra challenge to her list--dealing with Madi's temporary dog sitter, gruff doctor Ethan Black, and their very unexpected chemistry.

Ethan thought he was used to chaos, until he met Madi--how can one tiny dog cause such mayhem? To Ethan, the solution is simple--he will pay Harriet to share his New York apartment and provide twenty-four-hour care. But there's nothing simple about how Harriet makes him feel.

Ethan's kisses make Harriet shine brighter than the stars over moonlit Manhattan. But when his dog-sitting duties are over and Harriet returns to her own home, will she dare to take the biggest challenge of all--letting Ethan know he has her heart for life, not just for Christmas?
 

My Thoughts:

Harriet is the shy one of the Knight siblings, having struggled with a stutter when she was young she was used to her brother and sister running interference in high-stress situations.   Now that Harriet’s brother and sister have found love, she’s sort of left alone.   Not that she begrudges that, Harriet’s thrilled they’ve found love and happiness, but it has made her step back and take stock of her own life, and finds she’s led a sheltered, closed-off existence.  With a determination to take life by the horns, she embarks on an experiment: Challenge Harriet:  Do the opposite of what the old Harriet would do, and come out of her shell. I admired Harriet’s courage; doing the last thing she’d want to ever do every day, trying to live life with gusto.

Dr. Ethan Black puts Harriet’s experiment to the test; bringing on high-tension situations for a variety of reasons, at first because he’s intimidating and quite a jerk, and then for other, more pleasant reasons.

I just loved this romance! The book description makes the story sound all light-hearted, and superficial fun, but Moonlight Over Manhattan was wonderfully full of emotions!  Harriet and Ethan were lovely, well-formed characters that I grew attached to.  I wanted nothing but happiness for them; together, of course! This was my first Sarah Morgan, but it won’t be my last!




8 comments:

Shooting Stars Mag said...

Aw, this seems like a really sweet one! I like the idea of Challenge Harriet. :)

-Lauren
www.shootingstarsmag.net

Blodeuedd said...

Awwww just perfect

Grace @ RebelMommyBookBlog said...

I just finished this and loved it!!! It was my first book by Sarah Morgan and was pleasantly surprised. Great review!

Kindlemom said...

I love that there was some depth to this as well, I think as I've gotten older I need that more in my romances than I did when I was younger. This sounds like a good one!

Sophia Rose said...

I enjoy it when a book surprises me with more depth than I was expecting. Harriet sounds delightful and I'm already cheering her on to get through her daily goals.

Brandie said...

It makes me so happy to see you loved this book, too!! Her holiday books are my absolute favorite!

Carina Olsen said...

Yay for loving this one :D Gorgeous review Rachel. <3 I'm glad the romance was awesome. I hope you will love the other books by this author too :) I adore this cover. So pretty.

Rachel said...

I picked the book up after seeing your love, Brandie, so thanks! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...