Monday 3 October 2016

Monthly Recap: September




Hi all! It feels like ages since Rachel and I have shared a monthly recap post with you, we've been trying to keep on top of our fitness, manage work and fit in all the glorious books too! Hopefully we'll be sharing a lot more posts with you guys too!

What we've been up to.

Jasprit:

Allie and I had another one of our adventures, of course it involved lots of traipsing around London, food hopping and we even had a fantastic sleepover! I was of course in a food coma all day, but that didn't stop me from eating at Shake Shack and Laduree! Why did no one tell me these places existed just at Convent Garden! 






I'm so grateful to have become friends with Allie, we can be our usual jokey selves around each other and just make our days to be totally memorable ones! We're already planning our next trip together, hopefully around Christmas time. 

I went to a high tea/baby shower with my friends, the food was absolutely incredible! We were treated with beautiful sandwiches, pastries, macaroons, scones and heavenly orange and nutella hot chocolates! We even made our friend a pretty little hamper, can't wait until the little one arrives later this month!




I have a new Instagram! You can now find me on _liveboldly, I love seeing all the book challenges around and have been meaning to post more book posts, so thought that I would make my jas_kaur14 instagram more personal and keep my _liveboldly for my bookish and food photos! So if you've seen a _liveboldly liking all your photos and thinking who the heck is this person, its just me!!




Rachel:

I've had a busy summer. I went on vacation a few places: Vancouver and Victoria in British Columbia.  Had tea at the Empress Fairmont in Victoria, lovely! Then I did some more local getaways like Santa Barbara and Laguna Beach out here in California.  

Empress Fairmont Tea, Victoria BC

 Hatley Castle, Victoria, BC

Santa Barbara, California


I've also been training for a 1/2 Marathon (13.1 miles) for the last 2 months.  I run next Sunday and I'm a little nervous because I haven't been able to train for the last week because of getting sick. I've had the cough from hell, but I managed to run 6 miles this morning. I guess we'll see how it goes next Sunday!




What we've been watching. 

Jasprit:



I remember Keertana in a post telling us that she loved watching Jane the Virgin and when I stayed over at Allie's we thought we'd give it a go and honestly it's become one of my all time favourite shows! Allie and I binge watched Season 1 in four days, it was that addictive and now we're just loyally waiting for Netflix to get Season 2 already! 


Rachel:

http://thewineshow.com/uk/

I've been watching The Wine Show with Matthew Goode and Matthew Rhys and Joe Fattorini where they taste wines all over the globe. The wineries and scenery is beautiful! It's quite a fun show, too!

Music we've been listening to.

Jasprit:


Calvin Harris ft. Rihanna This is What You Came For.

I've always been a huge fan of Calvin Harris, so this collaboration with Rihanna is one song I could never tire of, I've been listening to it on repeat for the last few weeks now!





DJ Snake ft. Justin Bieber Let Me Love You.

Yep its Justin Bieber again, this guy in my eyes can't be stopped giving us hit after hit!



Reading

Jasprit:

Number of books read: 5 and two of these were Audiobooks! I'm becoming quite the audiobook listener as of late! 


Best read of last month: 

(Click on Book for Goodreads link). 

  

I'm going to have to choose two as Lauren's Layne's To Have and to Hold was a fantastic read, I loved being with this wonderful set of characters and the romance was everything that I like it to be! And then I loved Empire of Storms on Audio, it was 25 hours long, but exceptionally done well, especially as I wasn't even considering going back to this series after the last book. 


Rachel:

 (click on cover for Goodreads link)
 
Number of books read: 14 books, 5 were audiobooks. I'll just show my favorites:

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/28321041-in-safe-hands Promise Canyon (Virgin River, #11) The Life She Wants


Best read of last month:


Three Books I'm looking forward to reading next month. 
(Click on Book for Goodreads link). 


Jasprit:


I've been seriously having so much fun with Layne's Wedding Belles series, I can't wait to be back with these characters once more in To Love and to Cherish. I actually got my copy of The Deal on audio this week, I had been hearing great things about this series and finally decided to give it a go, I started it yesterday and I'm enjoying it so far. My copy of Harry Potter and the Cursed Child finally came through in my library, the two month waiting time was agonisingly long, but I can'r wait to get stuck in! 


Rachel: 
(click on cover for Goodreads link)

  The Hating Game Hunted (Hunted, #1)  Repressed (Deadly Secrets, #1)

I'm looking forward to all of these. The Hating Game seems like a fun romance. Hunted is a Beauty and the Beast re-telling, can't wait! Repressed sounds exactly like the kind of romantic suspense/mystery I love! 

I hope you've all had a great September too, and here's to a fantastic October filled with cosy blankets, warm drinks and wonderful reads! 

10 comments:

Nick said...

You both sound like you had such lovely months!
I love that you and Allie are such good friends, Jasprit and I'm jealous of all the food adventures you guys go on! There's a Shake Shack close to my apartment, but I have yet to go. I obviously need to change that. And high tea! I had my first experience while I was traveling and it was so much fun and omg ALL THE FOOD.
I'm excited to hear your thoughts on The Deal, Jasprit. Hopefully you'll enjoy it!

Rachel, your vacation photos are incredible! I'm a little jealous of what you've been up to. :) It sounds like it was a blast.
Ahhh! You'll be reading The Hating Game! I had a lot of fun reading that one. I'm excited for Hunted too since I love Beauty & The Beast.

I hope you ladies have a wonderful October too! :)

Heidi@Rainy Day Ramblings said...

You two had some awesome adventures. I a sure you will rock that marathon, Rachel. I hope you love the Hating Game. It is probably my fav book of the year!

Eva @ All Books Considered said...

Both of you have me wanting high tea right now!

I can't wait to read The Hating Game, too Rachel! I've seen such great reviews for it

My September Recap!

Brandie said...

Both of your trips always sounds amazing and I'm so jealous!! Lol.

I'm seeing books I need to look into on Goodreads! Repressed is calling my name!

Rachel - good luck on the 1/2 marathon!! I still haven't brought myself to sign up for one. There's one in November and I've been too nervous to pay for it. I haven't been able to run more than 6 miles at a time yet. I hope it goes well for you!!

Shooting Stars Mag said...

Jasprit: Sounds like you and Allie had a great time! I went to a tea when I was in London. It was a lot of fun. I hope you enjoy Cursed Child! I really did, but I love it even MORE now that I've seen it live. It really deserves to be seen, so *fingers crossed* they tape this original cast sometime soon!

Rachel: You had tea too! How fun. Beautiful photos. I really want to read The Hating Game - I keep seeing great reviews.

-Lauren

Unknown said...

jealous, those drinks look amazing. Both of you sound like you had such an amazing summer!
I really hope you read and enjoy The Hating Game if you have not yet, I loved it <3

Keertana said...

YAS JANE THE VIRGIN! It is SUCH a good show and I am so glad you're addicted! *mwahaha* But, seriously, it has so much feminine power in it and the diversity and messages of the show are so, so good. I just need Season 3 to release and make my life complete! ;) But what a wonderful month you've had, Jasprit! I've had the same Instagram problem with bookish Insta vs personal Insta but now my bookish Insta just became my personal Insta so...probably I should have made two. Oops! But I can't wait to see what you make of Layne's upcoming novel and am so excited to visit London! I think I'll be coming in November sometime, so I will send you more details once I have them and hopefully we can meet up! <3

Rachel, if you're into wine shows you should watch the Somm documentaries. I've heard they're sooo good. But also, I need to watch this show because Matthew Goode! ;) Also: I am so curious to see what you make of Hunted! Also the Hating Game because I had mixed feelings on that one. I hope you have a wonderful October, Rachel! :)

Game World said...

A great post have every thing the reader needs to know.

I think you have it here.

http://games-gameworld.blogspot.com

Ksenia said...

Jasprit, you are so lucky to be able meet Allie in real life. Sounds like you had a great time as always. I still don’t have Instagram, but if I decide to join I would definitely stalk you there. I’m happy to hear that you are enjoying audiobooks

Rachel, I’m sorry to hear you’ve been sick. I hope you are feeling better now. It’s Sunday, so you’ve probably already run your Marathon. Can’t be sure with time difference, so I wish you good luck. I see you continue to enjoy Robin Carr books, I plan to pick up one of her stories soon. I haven’t heard about Hunted. Thanks for bringing in on my radar; I can’t pass a Beauty and the Beast retelling.

Carina Olsen said...

Yay for recap :D It looks like you both have done so many awesome things. <3 So jealous, lol :) Thank you for sharing about it all :D I hope October is going great for you both. <3 Happy reading sweet girls :) And eee! I just read and loved Hunted :) So much.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...