Monday 26 March 2018

Review: Hurts To Love You (Forbidden Hearts #3) by Alisha Rai

Hurts To Love You (Forbidden Hearts #3) by Alisha Rai
Publisher: Avon
Publication Date: March 27th 2018
My rating: 3 Stars. 


Well-behaved women don’t lust after men who love to misbehave. Heiress Evangeline Chandler knows how to keep a secret . . . like her life-long crush on the tattooed hottie who just happens to be her big brother’s friend. She’s a Chandler, after all, and Chandlers don’t hook up with the help. Then again, they also don’t disobey their fathers and quit their respectable jobs, so good-girl rules may no longer apply. Gabriel Hunter hides the pain of his past behind a smile, but he can’t hide his sudden attraction to his friend’s sheltered little sister. Eve is far too sweet to accept anything less than forever and there’s no chance of a future between the son of a housekeeper and the town’s resident princess. When a wedding party forces Eve and Gabe into tight quarters, keeping their hands off each other will be as hard as keeping their clothes on. The need that draws them together is stronger than the forces that should shove them apart . . . but their sparks may not survive the explosion when long-buried secrets are finally unearthed.

Rai's Forbidden Heart series has quickly become a favourite of mine, I've enjoyed getting to know the Kane and Chandler families and about their history between them. Their lives have been complex and tough, I liked how with each book I seem to be falling more for each character. I love how Rai gets beneath their tough exterior and shows that despite everything they are still vulnerable individuals, but also there's still so much that remains unknown between the families. I thought what was going on between the Chandler's and Kane's was a difficult one to get over, but then with Hurts to Love You Gabe gets thrown into the mix and things add a whole another level of complication. With everything that Eve had been through, I so wanted her to get her happy ending, she had been belittled and ignored by her dad so much, that I wanted to see her grow up and finally stand up for herself and I'm glad that spending time with Gabe helped her to do so. For me Eve and Gabe's relationship was sort of unexpected, but I liked the way in which Rai made it work, despite the age gap, the depth of their emotions was clearly apparent. Of course, I liked how prominently other characters from previous books featured in this book, it was great seeing them trying to get on as one happy family! Once again things weren't always smooth sailing, revelations from the past were once again bought to light and the long standing strain between the Chandler and Kane family was always apparent. But this aspect was the thing that made this book for me, I liked how characters had to fight hard for what they wanted. I'm actually quite sad at having to say goodbye to such a great set of characters, Rai was able to make them such a big part of my life, so thank you for that! 





5 comments:

Sara @ Forever 17 Books said...

I really enjoyed the first book but haven't had a chance to pick up the last two yet. I look forward to seeing more of the overall story from the POV of these other characters. :)

Nick said...

I really loved this series too, but this was definitely my least favorite of the series. I couldn't feel the connection between Eve and Gabe 100%, but the few scenes we got of them were so good. I'm glad you had fun with this series, Jas! :)

Kindlemom said...

Seems like this one was a lot of people's least favorite. Glad it was still a good read though, wonderful review for it!

Heidi@Rainy Day Ramblings said...

I am sorry that this one ended with the weakest book in the series, still glad that you enjoyed the journey.

Carina Olsen said...

Awesome review Jasprit :D Yay for loving this author and series. <3 But aw, I'm sorry this book wasn't all that perfect. But so glad you enjoyed lots of it even so :) Romance sounds pretty good.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...