Wednesday 21 March 2018

Review: Zero Day by Ezekiel Boone

Zero Day (The Hatching #3) by Ezekiel Boone
Publication date: February 27th 2018
Publisher: Atria/Emily Bestler Books
My rating: 4 Stars
Amazon | Barnes & Noble | TBD | Kobo

 https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/33199875-the-good-daughter
In the finale of Ezekiel Boone’s Hatching series, the United States goes to war against the queen spiders that threaten to overtake the human race forever.

The world is on the brink of apocalypse. Zero Day has come.

The only thing more terrifying than millions of spiders is the realization that those spiders work as one. But among the government, there is dissent: do we try to kill all of the spiders, or do we gamble on Professor Guyer’s theory that we need to kill only the queens?

For President Stephanie Pilgrim, it’s an easy answer. She’s gone as far as she can—more than two dozen American cities hit with tactical nukes, the country torn asunder—and the only answer is to believe in Professor Guyer. Unfortunately, Ben Broussard and the military men who follow him don’t agree, and Pilgrim, Guyer, and the loyal members of the government have to flee, leaving the question: what’s more dangerous, the spiders or ourselves?

My Thoughts:
I’ll try and make this as non-spoilery as possible given that this is the third installment in The Hatching series.   

The human species is under threat by spiders overrunning most of the earth on a grand scale. Our survival tenuous at best, and dependent on outsmarting the spiders who are fast, coordinated, and deadly.  They run on instinct and seem to keep evolving! Just normal everyday spiders scare the hell out of me, so these spiders would give me a heart attack on the spot!

I was on the edge of my seat through most of these books, and rooting for several of the characters introduced through the series!  Zero Day was thrilling, fast paced with lots of action, and we get to see the impact of this global attack through the eyes of several characters located all around the world.  I loved the overall story arc through the series, and there was even a wee bit of romance! Two I was really hoping would pan out eventually, and I got my wish on both accounts!

I love stories where the survival of the human race is at risk, and the characters involved must fight with everything they have to survive!  Zero Day was a superb ending to a thrilling series, and everything I hoped for! 




 
Connect with Ezekiel Boone:

7 comments:

Kindlemom said...

So glad you liked this! I know a few people thought this was the weakest book in the trilogy but I actually really liked it. Wonderful review for this Rachel!

Nick said...

This series is terrifying to me. I know a lot of people love it though. I'm glad you found it enjoyable.

Karen said...

I have the first book but still need to read it. I'm not afraid of spiders at all (not that I want them on me or in me though lol) so I always wonder if I'll be as freaked out.

Karen @ For What It's Worth

Lily B said...

I want to give this series a shot, but I am already not comfortable with spiders so D: but it still sounds super thrilling and well written

Grace @ RebelMommyBookBlog said...

This is a series I really want to get to at some point. Sounds so different!

Greg said...

I love books like this too, but just no. Not spiders. I could never read this. :)

Carina Olsen said...

Ohh, awesome review Rachel :D So glad you loved this final book. <3 I like that cover a lot. And spiders? Ahh. I am curious about this series now :D YAY for there being a bit of romance too. Thank you for sharing sweetie :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...