Sunday 1 November 2015

Monthly Recap: October




Hi everyone, so this month I decided to try something different with my monthly recap post, instead of focusing just on what is going on in my bookish life, I thought I'd share with what was happening with my life in general. 


What I've been up to.

So October ended up being a month of firsts for me, I finally went to my first garba (Hindu celebration which spans over nine days). I had been planning to go for ages, but just never got around to it, I was a bit nervous at first, as I had no clue what to do, but my sister's friend and sister-in-law were great in keeping us with everyone. I finally ate at Handmade Burger, we have this massive food area in the shopping centre where I live, but I'm one of those people that just tend to eat at the places I know well. So I finally decided to venture out and eat at this place I had heard so many great things about, the food was delicious, I had a Cajun Vegetable & Bean burger with peri peri chips, by the end I was completely stuffed, but would certainly consider visiting again. I also tried my first bubble tea, I know I'm so behind on things, but once again I had definitely been missing out.


Handmade Burger.


I also went to watch Legend with my sister and cousin. To be honest I had no clue what I was going to watch, I didn't watch no trailer either, but being a big fan of Tom Hardy, I knew his acting wouldn't disappoint. And I can I just say he did an absolutely incredible job, the way he played both Reggie and Ronnie Kray, I had a hard time believing he was the same guy. I was totally effected afterwards by the film too, movies based on real life experiences tend to do this to me, where I become obsessed with the people and their real lives and I sit there researching their lives for days after. Legend wasn't typically the film I'd usually watch, but it certainly ended up being one of the most memorable ones I'd seen this year. 



I finally started How to Get Away with Murder, I about died when I found out Netflix had it up, basically this was my reaction. 



I've basically had early morning starts like every single day, but the way each episode ends, on the worst ever cliffhanger, (see reaction below). I've been watching like two, three episodes a night, with the way Scandal was going lately, a bit downhill, I needed something that would completely wow me and How to Get Away with Murder does completely that. Does anyone else watch this show? I've been dying to discuss this with anyone this week (I've nearly finished with Season 1). 





Music I've been listening to.


Hotline Bling by Drake was massive when I went to Canada, I absolutely fell in love with it, but the video I'm not really a fan of. 




I'm not typically a fan of Justin Bieber either, but I can't get enough of What Do You Mean. Again it was a song I first heard in Canada and I seem to be hearing it everywhere lately. It's even become one of my gym songs! 

Reading

So reading-wise I did get a lot more books read this month (a total of 8 books),  but I did have to reduce my Goodreads reading challenge from 150 to 100, now I'm only four books behind and don't feel the pressure that much to read. I'm also actually still just reading what I feel like and so far it's still working for me. 
Books reviewed (Click on book for review)




Three Books I'm looking forward to next month. 
(Click on book for Goodreads link)

    


Tonight the Streets are Ours is actually our group read for November, and although the reviews have been a mixed bunch so far, I am really looking forward to giving it a go. I have heard amazing things about Who Do You Love, bloggers posting about it on Instagram were the ones who actually got me interested in the book in the first place and of course I'm a huge fan of second chance romances. I've only read one book by Hoover and although it didn't work out for me, I'm super excited about the release of November 9, did you read the last line of the blurb, like seriously what is even happening?

So that was hectic October for me. But it looks like November will be an excellent month too. I have the Illumicrate subscription box to look forward to. With so many bookish subscription boxes around, I was hoping that there would be one that I could be part of and wouldn't cost an arm and leg for shipping fees. Daphne has been teasing us with what we have to look forward to and I can't wait for my box to arrive. There's also my birthday, I'll be spending the day with friends in Winter Wonderland,  where they'll have a skating rink and Christmas markets, I loved the one I went to in Hyde Park a few years ago, so I'm extremely looking forward to this. I get to see Allie's face and spend the day at Warner Bros. studio tour for Harry Potter. And all the Christmas drinks, I'm actually attending a Costa Coffee Club this week, where I get to have an exclusive preview of their Christmas menu!

I hope you all have a fabulous November! 


13 comments:

Leanna Elle said...

Glad to hear you're enjoying HTGAWM. Season 2 is even better than Season 1 (in my opinion!) so you're in for a treat! I totally agree that Scandal has been going downhill lately. It used to be my total must watch show - now not so much! All that food you've posted looks yummy. Making me hungry! :D

Joy said...

Yay! Bubble tea!! What's your favourite flavour? I can't get enough of Taro. :) Really glad to see you back, Jas.

Happy reading!

Mel@Thedailyprophecy said...

bubble tea is such a weird concept, haha. It really confused me the first time. That burger sounds delicious! It sounds like you have some great things lined up for November :D Have fun!

Shooting Stars Mag said...

I've never tried bubble tea, but I do see it around every now and then. I'll have to check it out sometimes. Ooh it looks like November will be a good month for you. I've never read anything by Colleen Hoover but I AM curious about November 9.

Rashika said...

Hello my lovely, beautiful, speshul snowflake friend.

It is so nice to see you here. RIGHT? right.

Okay I will stop being a goofball.

1. That burger looks delicious. Like I want to snatch it from my screen and gobble it up. I also feel you about going out to places I am comfortable at. I want to be able to explore but then my mind will be like WHAT IF YOU DONT LIKE IT. WHAT IF YOU SPEND ALL THAT MONEY? And I want to tell it to stop but it cannot.

2.Also BUBBLE TEA. I've only had it once but it was absolutely amazing and I LOVED it. DID YOU LOVE IT?

3. You picked up an awful lot of songs in Canada.... :P

4. Once my vacation starts, I will try my bestest to watch HTGAWM. Does that make you happy? GOOD. *pats on the head*

5. ALSO YAY FOR BIRTHDAYS. BUT I ALREADY KNEW THAT!.... I will hush now.

Bye, my beautiful friend. I will see your face next week.

I hope you have a fabulous November tooo!!! :)

Piecraft Bucharest said...

Wow, a wonderfully busy month, Jasprit :) Your homemade burger looks too delicious for words :) We wanted to see Legend too, but it wasn't age-appropriate for our son, so we decided to wait for the DVD release...

Muna said...

wow , you had a eventful month.Also yay for birthday month!!! Wonderful post once again.
Muna @ Tattered pages and tea stains.

Jasprit said...

I know Rashika I've been a little mouse when it comes to trying new places, but my sister is always encouraging me to get out of my comfort zone, and so far it seems to be working! The bubble tea was nice, I really want to try more of the other flavours. And I think I still miss Canada, hence the reason I still can't stop talking about it!

And yes oh my gosh I will be on your case about starting HTGAWM, I finished season 1 last night and about died!

And yes to Skype next week!

Jasprit said...

I've only just tried chocolate, so really need to try more flavours soon, taro will be my next one! ;)

Keertana said...

I LOVE HOTLINE BLING. ALSO HTGAWM. E-MAIL ME JASPRIT! THAT. SHOW. *dies*

Okay, I'm fine, I'm a normal person, BUT THAT SHOW. I was obsessed with it last month and this is month is literally no different, lol. Anyhow, LOVE this re-cap and I'm so glad to here you're doing well. Adore you! <3

Carina Olsen said...

Ack, sounds like October was all kinds of amazing for you Jasprit :D I'm glad you had such great times. <3 Thank you for sharing about all that you have done :) Yay! And yay for reading gorgeous books :) I hope you read some awesome ones this month too. <3 Happy reading sweet girl :) Hope November is awesome for you so far. <3

Jess said...

Loved the new more personal monthly recap! I think these might become my new favourite posts from you. So glad you're enjoying How to Get Away With Murder - season 2 is just as addictive! Hope you have a great November both in life and reading Jas <3

Ksenia said...

I love these more personal monthly recaps, Jasprit! I hope your November would be fabulous too!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...