Thursday 23 June 2016

Short & Tweetish Reviews #8 Paradise, Idaho series by Rosalind James

I'm back to doing Short & Tweetish Reviews (There's no way I can keep it to 140 characters!).  This style of reviewing was introduced to me by Mary@The Book Swarm  and Karen's @For What It's Worth

Carry Me Home (Paradise, Idaho #1) by Rosalind James
Publisher: Montlake Romance
Publication date: June 16th 2015
My rating:  4 stars  
Links: Amazon | B&N | TBD | GRs
 
My Thoughts:
Zoe is focused on the goals drilled into her by her father, a completely selfish man, IMO, and doesn’t know how love and family can fit in. That’s okay she has Cal to help her with that. He’s funny, confident and successful, even though Zoe misjudges him at first they soon click. Good thing because Cal is exactly who you want in your corner when you have a stalker after you. There was a lot of sexy, fun banter, but this story was a turns scary, and the end had me on the edge of my seat! The mystery of who is behind it all is good and kept me guessing!





Hold Me Close (Paradise, Idaho #2) by Rosalind James
Pubulisher: Montlake Romance
Publication date: December 8th 2015
My rating:  4.5 stars  
Links: Amazon | B&N | TBD | GRs

My Thoughts:
Love the small town and the way they helped each other out; the Jackson family and the unquestioning support they gave to Kayla. Loved that Luke allowed Kayla be her own person with dignity and respect, allowed her to rescue herself and Eli, but also gave help and support. Even though intimacy between Luke and Kayla was taken slow, and with caution, it was very hot! I was thrilled to visit with Cal and Zoe (from the previous installment) again and be in on special events/news.

This was very much romantic suspense and had me on edge over Kayla’s safety! Alan made my skin crawl and frightened the heck out of me, because I know so many Alans are out there in real life! Rosalind James' had me hooked! This was my favorite of the series!


Hold Me Close (Paradise, Idaho #2) by Rosalind James
Pubulisher: Montlake Romance
Publication date: May 17th 2016
My rating:  3.5 stars  
Links: Amazon | B&N | TBD | GRs

My Thoughts:
Rochelle Marks has been a staple in this series, the sexy fun loving friend with curves. She has a big heart and a fierce drive to make the best of herself.  Seeing her friends find happiness has underscored Rochelle’s desire to have her own happy ending. She’s no longer willing to waste time on someone who just wants to have fun.  Rochelle has had her share of letdowns in her love life, but Travis seemed different, someone with possibility, until she didn’t hear from him. Now he’s back in her life, in a temporary position at the University she works at, wanting another chance. 

Travis needed to sort through some things in his life before he could get serious with anyone, so his one night with Rochelle, even as unforgettable as it was, had to be put on the backburner.  Meeting up with her again Travis can’t ignore the powerful pull Rochelle has on him. They have smoking hot chemistry, and Rochelle is amazing. Now Travis just needs to convince her he’s serious.   

This was probably the least suspenseful of the three books. Rochelle’s sister’s problems translate into big trouble, and I kind of wanted to smack her a few times. She’s lucky Rochelle and Travis had her back!

I love Rosalind James’ brand of storytelling, especially with romantic suspense.  One minute it’s all fun, or steamy hot, and the next you’re on the edge of your seat hoping for the best! Thrilling and addictive! A total recommend!


9 comments:

Keertana said...

Ooh, I haven't heard of Rosalind James before but I'm adding her to my TBR! I know I've been saying for awhile now that I want to get into more romantic suspense because the little I've read of it I've loved so I'm going to have to assemble all your fabulous recs together and just dive in! Gorgeous reviews, Rachel--I admire your ability to write these to be short and sweet! :D

Nick said...

This series sounds great, Rachel! I love the sound of the banter, the romances and the stories. Thanks for sharing, Rachel. I'll have to add these to my tbr. :)

Lekeisha said...

Looks like a great start to this series. u love small town stories with romance and suspense. Great reviews!

Lekeisha said...

Sorry, "I love"

Joy said...

Oh, a new romantic suspense series to get addicted to! Bad Rachel. Bad. Bad.

Carina Olsen said...

Lovely short reviews Rachel :D So glad you liked them all a bunch. <3 Not books for me, but you are making me curious with your short reviews :D Thank you for sharing sweetie. <3 Hugs. Hope you are doing great :)

Piecraft Bucharest said...

Having a hard time deciding which one of these sounds most appealing! :) Love the short review format, Rachel - and each of the would make a great beach read. Great recommendations, as usual :)

Alyssa said...

Wow! Lots of Montlake Romance/Rosalind James books! I've not heard of these books/this author, to be honest. Hold Me Close sounds really good, especially the hero. =) Great reviews, Rachel!

Alyssa @ The Eater of Books!

Eva @ All Books Considered said...

Great reviews Rachel! So happy you are liking these, can't wait to read books 1 and 2 now!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...