Friday 23 September 2016

Mini-reviews: To Have and To Hold and For Better or Worse by Lauren Layne

To Have and To Hold (The Wedding Belles #1)
Publisher: Pocket Books
Publication Date: July 26th 2016.
My rating: 4 stars.  


Discovering her fiance is an international con man just moments before they exchange vows devastates celebrity wedding planner Brooke Baldwin's business—and breaks her heart. Now a pariah in Los Angeles, she seeks a fresh start in New York City and thinks she’s found it with her first bridal client, a sweet—if slightly spoiled—hotel heiress. Then she meets the uptight businessman who’s holding the purse strings. Seth Tyler wishes he could write a blank check and be done with his sister Maya's fancy-pants wedding. Unfortunately, micromanaging the event is his only chance at proving Maya’s fiance is a liar. Standing directly in his way is the stunning blonde wedding planner whose practiced smiles and sassy comebacks both irritate and arouse him. He needs Brooke’s help. But can he persuade a wedding planner on a comeback mission to unplan a wedding? And more importantly, how will he convince her that the wedding she should be planning... is theirs?

I was thrilled when I found out that I still had two books that I could devour straight away In the Wedding Bells series. I adored from This Day Forward and so couldn’t wait to be back with these characters once more, with this series it certainly became the case that when a new couple is introduced they are quick they are quick to become my favourites. Brooke and Seth were perfect for one another, the passion and couldn’t keep their eyes or hands off each other was clearly apparent from very early on. It made me laugh how much having Brooke around was effecting Seth. I could understand Brooke wanting to take a step back with what had just gone down with her, but with a grumpy, growly, hot, did I mention hot guy like Seth around how could one resist? I admit Seth did make some jerky moves along the way, but it clearly showed his love for those around him despite it not coming across that way. Once again the build up of sexual tension between Brooke and Seth was off the charts, the little obstacles that got in the way really bugged me at times as I wanted more from them and I wanted it now! Layne once again delivered a sexy read in From this Day Forward; I for one can’t wait to dive into the next book!



For Better or Worse (The Wedding Belles #2)
Publisher: Pocket Books
Publication Date: August 30th 2016.
My rating: 4 stars.  


Discovering her fiance is an international con man just moments before they exchange vows devastates celebrity wedding planner Brooke Baldwin's business—and breaks her heart. Now a pariah in Los Angeles, she seeks a fresh start in New York City and thinks she’s found it with her first bridal client, a sweet—if slightly spoiled—hotel heiress. Then she meets the uptight businessman who’s holding the purse strings. Seth Tyler wishes he could write a blank check and be done with his sister Maya's fancy-pants wedding. Unfortunately, micromanaging the event is his only chance at proving Maya’s fiance is a liar. Standing directly in his way is the stunning blonde wedding planner whose practiced smiles and sassy comebacks both irritate and arouse him. He needs Brooke’s help. But can he persuade a wedding planner on a comeback mission to unplan a wedding? And more importantly, how will he convince her that the wedding she should be planning... is theirs?

Layne always ups her game when introducing new swoonworthy characters. I was a complete sucker for Josh and his rippling abs and perfect muscles! But not only was Josh a pretty face and gorgeous body, I adored the vulnerable side that Layne bought out in him. We’re not really sure what has gone down with Josh, of course we’re given some kind of inkling, but there’s always the case that Josh is holding back when it come to Heather. The chemistry between Josh and Heather is clearly apparent, but they both agree a serious relationship is not on the cards. I really wanted to knock some sense in these two at times; a beautiful, meaningful relationship could have developed if they quit playing games earlier on. Later on I could understand Josh’s fear about having more with Heather, it really was heart breaking to watch at times, but I appreciated the softer side of Josh that we got to experience. What I also loved about For Better or Worse was that the characters that we got to know and love in the previous books really played an integral part of the story. I loved finding out what was happening in their lives and just getting to spend time with them once more! I honestly don’t know who my favourite couple is anymore, I just love them all! The next book To Love and to Cherish is meant to focus on Alexis and Logan! I can’t wait to see how that will turn out.



12 comments:

Keertana said...

I loved the first book too, Jasprit! I have to pick up the second one still, but I'm glad to see it also has your seal of approval. Wonderful reviews, dear! :)

Shooting Stars Mag said...

Glad you had more books to read in this series! That's great that you enjoyed them so much. :)

Lekeisha said...

I overlooked this series because of the covers. They are pretty, but I thought the story was about some sweet Southern romance. I never bothered to read the description. That teaches me to judge a book by its cover. I'm hoping my library gets them soon because everyone has been raving about the series.

Heidi@Rainy Day Ramblings said...

Everyone is loving this series and the author. I really need to add it to my list. I keep reading positive review after positive review.

Eva @ All Books Considered said...

Great reviews Jasprit! I've only read one book by this author and I really liked this so I have been curious about this series. I've seen such good reviews of it so far that I think I need to pick it up!

Alyssa said...

Lauren Layne has really burst onto the scene this year! Or, at least, for me. :) I haven't read any of her books but between you and Nick, I'm sure one will appeal to me! I like the sound of Seth, he's definitely my type of guy. ;)

Wonderful review, Jasprit!

Alyssa @ The Eater of Books!

Genesis Sheli said...

LL is a great author! I love her so much! For Better or Worse has to be my favorite one so far. I enjoyed it completely and I loved the romance between Heather and Josh.
Something I always love of LL's books is the true and real friendships she includes in the stories. They always make the book even better for me.
Genesis @ Latte Nights Reviews

Unknown said...

these do look wonderful, so much love for these books! I'll have to look up book 1 <3

Nereyda @Nick and Nereydas Infinite Booklist said...

The second book in the series is my favorite, it's soooo good! I hope you like that one too :)

Nereyda│ Nick & Nereyda’s Infinite Booklist

Julie said...

I love Lauren Layne, but I missed this series so I will have to catch up! This one sounds really good!

Carina Olsen said...

Gorgeous reviews Jasprit :D Yay for loving this author and for enjoying these two books by her a bunch. <3 They seem pretty cute :D Not for me, but I'm glad you liked them. <3

Ksenia said...

Lauren Layne is one of my favorite authors, and I’m looking forward to start this series. I’m happy to hear that she again delivered great romances with chemistry and feelings. Lovely mini-reviews, Jasprit!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...