Sunday 20 May 2018

Weekly Recap #33

Hi everyone, with Rachel and I's crazy work schedules, we miss sharing whats going on with us. We used to have a lot of fun with our Showcase Sunday posts, so thought we'd do something regular on the blog, where we share bookish news and life news in general as a weekly recap! We've decided to link our weekly wrap up's with The Sunday Post hosted by Kimberly @ Caffeinated reviewer.

WHAT I READ/REVIEWED 

Jasprit:
(Click on title for Goodreads link)

 

A bit of a mixed week for me again this week, whereas I loved Burn For Me, the first book in the Hidden Legacy series, it took me a while to get into White How, however regardless I still will be reading the next book in this series to find out how things will go down! And I was super eager to read From Twinkle, with Love, but it ended up falling a bit short of my expectations. 


Rachel:
 (Click on title for Goodreads link)



Forged in Ember was a great series ender. Lots of action and the romance I was most looking forward to since it's been building since book one.  I picked up the audio for Breathe to listen to while running my half-marathon since I've read it 2 times before I knew I wouldn't have to pay close attention to the story, but still be entertained.  End Game is the most recent Will Robie out and the least riveting in the series so far.  I was disappointed that Will and Jessica didn't get their act together yet.  Don't Call Me Cupcake was magical and sweet! Can't wait for the next in the series!


BOOKS RECEIVED 
Jasprit 
(Click on title for Goodreads link)

Surprisingly nothing this week, I'm still trying to get my ARC pile down, so this is a sort of blessing. 


Rachel:
 (Click on title for Goodreads link)


Love Katie Ruggle's romantic suspense and Scarlett Cole is fast becoming a favorite author with any genre!  I can usually count on RaeAnne Thayne to tug on my heartstrings so I couldn't resist Season of Wonder..


NEW TO MY TBR
Jasprit 
(Click on Book for Goodreads link)

I blame my lack of time on Goodreads for not discovering any new books this week. But if you have any new recommendations hit me up! 

Rachel:
(Click on cover for Goodreads link) 

I  added books 15 and 16 of J.R. Ward's BDB series. I received a copy of The Thief (book 16) and now I need to read the previous book first. I'm kind of dreading some parts of The Chosen (book 15).

  WHAT I'M WATCHING:

Jasprit  


Despite books not working out for me lately, I've been binge watching the heck out of The Good Wife and loving it. Thank goodness Amazon Prime has all seven seasons up, as I think I've found a new favourite. 


Rachel:

 

The Impossible starred Ewan McGregor and Naomi Watts and was based on the true life story of a family's harrowing experience during the 2004 Indian Ocean Tsunami in Thailand.  It was intense, but good!

EVENTS OF THE WEEK

Jasprit 


There's just eight weeks from today until my event! I know that may seem like ages away, but last weekend I was reading thoroughly up on it and was kind of worried with all the obstacles that we would have to tackle. Also my cousin told me that if you're unable to do an obstacle, you have to do 20 burpees as a forfeit! Well this week I started running again, I was fine when running, but then had an aching hip and shin after. We also got an arm bar, so I can work on my upper arm strength, wish me luck, as I'm so going to need it! 


Rachel:

I ran my first half-marathon this last Saturday and it was fantastic! My training really paid off since I felt really good through the whole race and I beat the time goal I personally set for myself.  I would definitely do this particular race again since I really enjoyed the course.  The weather was cloudy for most of the race, which was perfect, and the scenery (wine country) was gorgeous!


How was your week?

21 comments:

Kimberly @ Caffeinated Reviewer said...

I love Andrews. I am anxious for the next Ruggle book to release on audio. The Impossible looks interesting, I need to check it out. I hope all of you have an amazing week!

Greg said...

Ooh Ilona Andrews. I've heard good things and read a free sample short story at their site this past week, as I mull trying the Kate Daniels series. :) And oh yeah The Impossible- I remember seeing that one at the theater. It was pretty intense!!

Jasprit, good luck with your event! And Rachel, congrats on beating your goal!! Woo hoo, you guys are rocking it! :)

Grace @ RebelMommyBookBlog said...

Sorry Twinkle fell short for you! Oh man The Good Wife is a favorite of mine. I LOVED that show. I binged most of it then watched live until the end. Yay Rachel for your half marathon! That is Awesome. Have a great week!

Ronyell (a.k.a. Rabbitearsblog) said...

Good luck on your marathons! Sorry that Twinkle didn't work out for you. I hope you both have a good week!

Here’s my Sunday Post!

Ronyell @ Rabbit Ears Book Blog and join in this week’s Book Photo Sundays and Cover Spotlight!

Evelina @ AvalinahsBooks said...

I've also been hauling less :) it's so cool about the running! I wish I managed to get off my butt and exercise.

Anonymous said...

I hope y’all training for the marathon keeps being so strong. :)
Enjoy those new books you both got and the week ahead.

The Book Disciple said...

Oh I didn't know Amazon Prime had The Good Wife! I watched the first few seasons a while ago, but haven't kept up. I need to binge it for sure!
I am excited for the new Katie Ruggle and the new Scarlett Cole books! Love their writing.
Hope you both have a great week!

Karen said...

I have both White Hot and Twinkle coming up. I hope I like them a bit more than you did lol

Karen @ For What It's Worth

Michelle@Because Reading said...

you both read/reviewed some good books this week and grabbed a few good ones too.
I have saw the Good Wife but heard it was really good.
Good like with the your event! I give you lots of credit that sounds intense! :)

I hope you both have a fantastic week! Happy Reading!

Lily B said...

Jasprit sorry your reading week did not live up to the expectations, especially with From Twinkle, with Love. I have not read the first book, but I might pick it up from the library.

Rachel your week sounded exciting :D I hope it picks up.

I do want to see the Good Wife, if only I can make more time for show watching :(

Joyousreads said...

I love listening to audio books when I go for my walks too, Rachel. It makes the time goes fast. I don't think I'll ever go back to reading Kristen Ashley's books again. She gives me a migraine. Lol. Anyway, I hope you'll enjoy your haul, Rachel!

I need to add you ladies on my Fitbit community. I reckon you'll both motivate me to get movin!

Have a great week, ladies.

Aj @ Read All The Things! said...

Good luck, Jasprit! Great job in your half-marathon, Rachel. I’ll hopefully be able to do that someday, but I’ve barely been running at all lately.

Aj @ Read All The Things!

Teresa Mary Rose said...

That Katie Ruggle series has been catching my eye, I need a new romantic suspense. Happy reading!

Unknown said...

I haven't read Dimple yet so I am holding off on Twinkle. It looks fantastic, though :)

Megan - Ginger Mom and the Kindle Quest

Sara @ Forever 17 Books said...

Congrats on your first half marathon, Rachel! And Jasprit, I hope you have some enjoyable reads heading your way after another mixed week.

Brandie said...

Rachel, I'm so glad the half was a great experience!! Congratulations!!

Jasprit - good luck with all your training. You have a great running pace - I'm jealous! I am trying hard to get back to that pace after so many issues with my leg. I need to work on upper arm strength desperately, too.

Shooting Stars Mag said...

Great job on the race, Rachel! And Jasprit - good luck with your upcoming race and all the training. It sounds like a toughie!! I'm sorry to hear that From Twinkle, With Love wasn't as great as you'd hoped. I've heard pretty mixed things about it.

-Lauren
www.shootingstarsmag.net

So many books, so little time said...

I haven't read any of them. I use my fitbit too but it tracks steps rather than miles (I think). Good luck on the upcoming race and well done Rachel xxx

Lainy http://www.alwaysreading.net

Heidi@Rainy Day Ramblings said...

I am sad to hear that you were disappointed in Twinkle, Jasprit. I was looking forward to that one. Congrats to both of your for reaching your fitness goals. You are awesome.

Carina Olsen said...

Gosh, I love how you are both running and working out and just being awesome :D I wish I had enough energy for it too. Sigh. Maybe one day :D Love reading these recaps. <3 Hugs. So glad you are both doing good, eee :D And ahh! Jasprit. I'm so sorry you did not love your recent reads :\ It suuucks when that happens. Sigh. I wish to only read awesome books, haha :) Hope you are both doing awesome. <3

Kindlemom said...

So sad With Twinkle wasn't as good as you were hoping it would be. I have been really looking forward to it. I'll try to go into it with little expectation then instead of high ones that I was going to. Hope you both had a great weekend!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...