Friday 1 May 2020

I'm back!!!!!

Have the most wonderful May, you all! 🌺✨ May you feel happy, comfortable, and free.
Instagram | Patreon | Webtoon
Photo credit: Chibird 


Hi everyone, I know it's been such a long time right, I apologise about the radio silence, let me explain about the long break. 

I got married! It's going to be our one year anniversary in a few days, I blame all the planning and time it took in preparing for this big day, for the lack of reading and blog hopping last year. Our wedding was a week long of spending time with family and friends and dancing the night away. 



I moved countries! My husband is from Toronto, Canada, so it was such a big move for me, leaving my family behind, where I'd grown up my entire life, where everything came easy to me. Knowing that I couldn't just drive around the corner to pop back home and see my family, but I had to take an eight hour flight to get back home (I've been lucky that I've been able to visit my family twice since I moved in May). But it's taken a lot of time adjusting, I couldn't work for a while a first, I had to adjust to driving on the wrong side of the road! And I was massively homesick. But my husband and his family were hugely supportive and I had an aunt who lived nearby, so I used to visit my home away from home as much as possible.




But then when sitting at home, I discovered the amazing library here, that had all the books available as soon as they were released, I had really lost my reading mojo, but just having that awesome feeling that all these books were at the tip of my fingers. 




Currently I'm home from work due to the Coronavirus pandemic, but April has been a good month so far, me and my husband try to have our own time as much as possible, I read in the other room and he watches his tv shows, so that we don't get sick of seeing each other's faces hah! But I actually managed to read 11 books in April (I think that was largely due to the  fact that everyone was reserving copies of my book, as they were home and I had to read them super duper fast), but there was a handful of books which I really enjoyed! 

I'm hoping that I will be back to blogging regularly, I have a few reviews lined up too. But I've definitely missed you guys! 

6 comments:

Rachel @Waves of Fiction said...

Welcome back, Jasprit, and congratulations! I can understand being homesick with being so far away. Glad to hear you're settling in, though. It would be hard to adjust to driving on the "wrong" side of the road, lol! My husband was very discombobulated when he drove around England when we visited.

I'm looking forward to your posts! :)

Greg said...

Welcome back! And congratulations!!! How exciting. :) And you moved too! You've been busy!!

Glad to see you back, and hope you have a great week ahead!!

Samantha@WLABB said...

Whoo hoo! Welcome back!! Wow, you had quite a bit to adjust to this year. It must be hard being away from your family, but I am glad you have a lot of support and a great library nearby. I don't know if I would be able to adjust to driving on the opposite side of the road, so, gold star for you. Congratulations on your 1 year anniversary. Here's to many more!

R's Rue said...

Glad you're back. 11 books that's impressive.
www.rsrue.blogspot.com

Kristin said...

Congratulations Jas!!! And welcome back!!! My anniversary is in May, too - ours is May 9th - 11 years this year! This coronavirus has everyone spinning their wheels. I had a hard time concentrating in March, but then my reading really took off in April. So glad you are back and I hope you have a lovely anniversary, despite the current circumstances ;)

Shooting Stars Mag said...

Welcome back, Jasprit! Congrats on the wedding - I saw photos on Instagram and you looked beautiful. Wow, moving to Canada is a big move. That's great you had an aunt nearby and that your husband and his family were super supportive. I have a friend whose engaged to someone Swedish, so she leaves in Sweden now...I don't know how you all do it! LOL Yay for getting lots read! :)

Lauren
www.shootingstarsmag.net

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...