Saturday 4 April 2015

Monthly Recap: March




Hi all, is everyone ready for Easter? I know a lot of people will be enjoying their four day weekend this weekend (I have to work two of those days, but I'm extremely looking forward to eating my way through a lot of chocolate and starting some great books on Monday. I'm sorry I haven't been around commenting as much lately, I was meant to have this week off, but I've had to go into work, and then I decided to join the gym this week too and go before I start work, so have been extra tired, that I haven't even picked up a book since Monday! But I promise to catch up soon, I miss visiting all your blogs, and appreciate all the lovely comments you've been leaving. Before this week though I did manage to read quite a few books and I'm ahead in my Goodreads goal, so that's all good! Here's how March was for us! 

Number of Books read:
Jasprit: 15
Rachel: 18

Highest Rated Book(s): 
Jasprit: 
My only 5 star read of the month 



Rachel:
5 Stars

Big Little Lies

Lowest Rated Book(s):
Jasprit: 
One DNF 



Rachel: 
One DNF 

Six Months Later

Books reviewed:

Jasprit: 
(click on titles for review link)


  
  

    

  
  

 
Rachel:

(click on titles for review link)
Becoming Rain (Burying Water, #2) Vision in Silver (The Others, #3) Return to Me (Covington Cove, #1)

 Brash (The Cavanaugh Brothers, #3)  Into the Darkest Corner Breath of Scandal It's Always Been You (Coming Home, #5)  

     
Best read of last month:
Jasprit: Conspiracy of Blood and Smoke by Anne Blankman. I loved Blankman's debut read Prisoner of Night and Fog, and although I don't normally read historical fiction, these books really bought out the history nerd within me. Again with this book I was captivated from the very first page and was an emotional mess, but the things my heart had to go through were so worth it!

Rachel: 
Big Little Lies by Liane Moriarty and Into the Darkest Corner by Elizabeth Haynes.  Big Little Lies was a mystery that was slowly revealed through the eyes of three very different women. Into the Darkest Corner was a suspenseful, addictive read! The tension ratcheted up with every passing chapter. Loved the experience!

Book which surprised me the most: 
Jasprit: 99 Days by Katie Cotugno, I'm normally usually a fan of books which features a romance with two brothers involved, but both of these guys were to die for, and Cotugno's writing just lured me into this one. You can read my review for this book later this month.

Rachel: 
Into the Darkest Corner. Didn't expect to be that addicted to the story.  I kept gasping in shock or terror while listening.

Fictional crush of the month:
Jasprit: Sawyer from Most Likely to Succeed, I adored Sawyer in the two previous books in the Superlatives series, but I loved that he had the chance to shine and tell his own story, also I just wanted him to get the happy ending that he deserved!

Rachel:
I adored Simon from Vision in Silver (The Others series) and I swooned over Cole in Brash by Laura Wright. He was a sweet for a tough UFC fighter!


Three books I'm most looking forward to this month:

Jasprit:
(Click on titles for Goodreads link)

  
  

This month I'm planning on tacking books from my own pile once more. Scarlet was voted by you guys as the book that I needed to pick up last month, I started it last week, but got completely side tracked, so I'm planning on tacking it this month. Along with In the Afterlight and Kiss of Deception, two books which I've had high hopes for.

 

Rachel:
(Click on titles for Goodreads link)
Tessa Ever After (Caged in Winter #2)  Scream For Me: A Novel of the Night Hunter (For Me, #3)  Before I Fall
   

Let us know how you did last month. Link us up an we'll come by to check it out!








10 comments:

Carina Olsen said...

Yay for having a great month :) And omg, you both read so many books. <3 Sigh. One day I shall manage to read that much, lol :) And yay for finally reading Scarlet, Jasprit. <3 You shall love it, I hope :D It is so awesome. Sigh. I must re-read them all soon ;p I hope you are both having an amazing Easter. <3 Eat lots of chocolate and read lots of great books :D

sha said...

Wow! This month turned really great for both of you girls. You read so many books. Can't wait for Jasprit to read Cress. Here's to a wonderful blogging experience this month!

Jules said...

Shat, Everything Makes You, You is not good? Deym, but the cover looks so goooood. Huhuhu, I've been planning to read this book but from the sounds of it, a lot of people aren't impressed by it at all. :(

I hope you enjoy the weekend girls!

Faye M. said...

Easter has been really swell! Lots of people close to me have a four day weekend and we've been hanging out ever since, even had a family reunion with sons and daughters of great-great grandparents and their families. Yup, I didn't know almost anybody. Haha. Rachel, I'm surprised that Vision in Silver wasn't your best read in this wrap-up!!!! :P But I'm sure it was still high in your list. Jasprit, I can't wait to see your thoughts on Kiss of Deception... it's on my currently reading list as well. Need to get back to it!

Faye at The Social Potato

Aimee (Aimee, Always) said...

Despite being super busy, you guys are extremely fast readers!

Jasprit: So glad you enjoyed Conspiracy of Blood and Smoke! I didn't love Prisoner of Night and Fog, but I've been curious about this one. I'm reading 99 Days now and it's sort of meh for me so far, but hopefully it'll surprise me too! YAY FOR SAWYER!! <3 And hurry up and read Scarlet so you can meet Wolf. <33

Rachel: I'm not familiar with most of your choices, but Vision in Silver and Written in Red are on my TBR! I really have to meet this Simon guy. ;)

Joy said...

Wonderful month, ladies. I've attempted - on several occasions to read Conspiracy, but I just can't get into it. I don't know what it is...but I'm glad you loved it, Jas.

You loved Big Little Lies! Yay! I adored that book as well. It consumed me completely while on a trip when I read it. Lol.

Simon. Swwwwwwoooooooon.

Shooting Stars Mag said...

Wow, it sounds like you both had a really good month of reading! I think I did fairly well for reading in March, but nowhere near your numbers. LOL I wish I could read quicker or just had more time...but I'm lucky to be able to read as much as I CAN at the moment.

Happy Easter!

Ksenia said...

Great month!

Rachel: I’ve just finished Big Little Lies. Loved this book! I’m planning to read Return to Me by Kelly Moran, and I want to read Caged In Winter by Brighton Walsh. I’ve heard so many praises for The Others by Anne Bishop, but I want to wait when the hole series would be released.

Jasprit: I hope you’ll have more time for reading and reviewing. I’m want to readThe Last Time we Say Goodbye by Cynthia Hand, though I know I would be heartbroken.

Unknown said...

Wow, you both had a great month with the # of books you read! I loooooved Conspiracy! Such an excellent sequel, and I especially liked that we got to know Daniel more. :)
Scarlet!!!!! Yay!
Tessa Ever After is now one of my favorite books ever! In fact, both of those get 5 stars from me. :)

Happy reading, girls! <3

Beena said...

Sounds like you had a wonderful month of reading, I'm hoping to hear your thoughts on the Conspiracy of Blood & Smoke - I've heard nothing but praise about it.
<3 Benish | Feminist Reflections

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...