Sunday 19 January 2014

Showcase Sunday #44


Showcase Sunday is a weekly meme hosted by Vicky at Books, Biscuits and Tea. The aim is to showcase our newest books or book related swag and to see what everyone else received for review, borrowed from libraries, bought in bookshops and downloaded onto eReaders this week.

Hello everyone! Hope you all have had a good week. Jasprit is still on her blogging break so it's just me again. Work has been really busy for me and driving me a little nuts in the process, but I did start an AMAZING audio book: Soulless by Gail Carriger, so at least my commutes have been fun!

For Review:


The Secrets of Lily Graves    Believe (True Believers, #3) 


The Secrets of Lily Graves by Sarah Strohmeyer
Believe (True Believers #3) by Erin McCarthy
Hope Flames (Hope #1) by Jaci Burton


Thank you to Balzer + Bray, Penguin Group, Berkley, Signet, Netgalley, and Edelweiss!
   

Bought:

How to Flirt with a Naked Werewolf (Naked Werewolf, #1)  Reviving Izabel (In the Company of Killers, #2)



Reviving Isabel (In the Company of Killers #2) by J.A. Redmerski


I haven't been really excited for YA reads lately, but The Lily Graves sounds really promising! I love mysteries.  Erin McCarthy continues to impress my with a fresh take on the NA category so I'm excited for Believe.  It's centered around a girl who sleeps with her best friend's boyfriend which would normally turn me off, but I read the teaser and I'm hooked!

I'm always on the hunt for a new great audio book, and I heard great things about the story and narrator for How to Flirt With a Naked Werewolf, so I went directly to audible and downloaded it.  I'll just ignore the unfortunate cover choice.

So those are all my lovelies.  If you have a haul this week, link me up and I'll come check it out!





19 comments:

Keertana said...

I just LOVE How to Flirt With a Naked Werewolf but the rest of the series fell seriously flat for me. I hope you enjoy this installment, though, and have better luck with the rest of the series than I did. I also wasn't a fan of Cursed By Destiny - the series isn't bad, but it was TOO romantic for me and the multiple love interests floating around were a damper for me. I'm curious to see what you think, though, Rachel. Great haul this week, dear! :)

Melanie said...

Secrets of Lily Graves looks really good! The author writes the funnest novels. :D

Happy reading, Rach! <33

tthepageturner said...

Glad you're enjoying Soulless, Rachel. I've been curious about it, and am hoping to buy it soon. I also want to try the manga version of it.

Happy reading! :)

Tanja - Tanychy said...

I have heard amazing things about Cecy Robson and her stories so I cannot wait to see what you think of it. I hope you'll enjoy it. Also Secrets of Lily Graves look so good. I have heard great things about it. Great haul. Rachel :)

The Cover Contessa said...

I was thinking about downloading The Secrets of Lily Graves, but I have so much to catch up on I don't want to take it and then not read it! I hope you enjoy your haul!
My STS: http://www.thecovercontessa.com/2014/01/stacking-shelves-3.html

Anna said...

The Secrets of Lily Graves sounds so good and I really want it! I'm nervous about Believe because I didn't really like the first book so much but I do want to read the other character's story. Hope you enjoy :)
My STS

Becca F (ReadingTeen) said...

I think The Secrets of Lily Graves sounds so promising and intriguing!! A family of morticians just sounds so neat!! I hope it's as great as it sounds!! Enjoy all your new pretty books!!! :)

My StS

brandileigh2003 said...

Hope Flames looks good, hope you enjoy!

Alyssa said...

Hmm, I wasn't a fan of True. I know that there are several books in the series - Believe is the third book? I don't think I'll finish the series. I hope you love all of the books in the series! And I can't wait to see what you think of the Secrets of Lily Graves :D

Have a fantastic week!

Check out my STS post!

Unknown said...

The Secrets of Lily Graves looks really good, I hope it turns out to be! I really like the cover. What a great haul!

Unknown said...

I'm curious to see what you think about the Molly Harper book. I received the third for review, but haven't decided if I want to take on another series.
Enjoy!

Anonymous said...

I also got The Secrets of Lily Graves. I'm not really sure what it's about, but I am guessing it's a YA mystery or contemporary. I have never heard of How to Flirt with a Naked Werewolf though lol but that title sounds hilarious. Hope you enjoy!

Wendy Darling said...

As I said, I'm thrilled you're enjoying SOULLESS--I love that book so much! Sexy werewolves, mmm. ;)

Happy reading, Rachel--I went through a few weeks of reading nothing but romance and chick lit too, and am just now easing back into YA, so I've been there.

Wendy @ The Midnight Garden

Unknown said...

The Lili Graves book sounds amazing. I need to start the Weird Girls series soon, I love the covers of the books :)
Enjoy everything
My SS

Melissa (i swim for oceans) said...

I've heard some good things about How to Flirt with a Naked Werewolf. It's not the type of book I'd review on the blog, but I'm interested to see what you think about the book as a whole...I might just have to pick it up! Great haul this week!

Jenny said...

Oooo can't wait to see what you think of the Sarah Strohmeyer book Rachel! I really enjoyed the one she wrote about the amusement park, so I'm really looking forward to Lily Graves:) I really need to start the Cecy Robson series too. *sigh* One day I'm going to have all the time in the world to read. Is it time to retire yet? ;-)

Anonymous said...

Lily Graves sounds awesome! I can't wait to read it. I loved one book by Sarah Strohmeyer, so I'm hoping this one will blow me away as well.
I'm curious to hear what you think of Reviving Izabel. While I loved the first book, this one didn't live up to my expectations and I ended up rating it a 2. :(
Happy reading, Rachel!

Siiri said...

"Erin McCarthy continues to impress my with a fresh take on the NA category so I'm excited for Believe. It's centered around a girl who sleeps with her best friend's boyfriend which would normally turn me off, but I read the teaser and I'm hooked!" -- I'm actually more disturbed by the boyfriend. Nate? I don't remember his name. He was supposed to love that girl and it seemed like he did so what the fuck? I'm just.. oh, my god, you did NOT!!!! YOU SOB!!! I loved the teaser chapter and will read this one hopefully very, very soon:)

Rachel said...

I agree, Siiri, I'm mostly ticked at Nate! What a jerk, even more evident from that teaser! I hope he gets some payback for sure. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...