Wednesday 28 October 2015

Waiting on Wednesday: #29. With Malice by Eileen Cook



"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.


This week I'm eagerly waiting on... 



With Malice by Eileen Cook 
Publisher: HMH Books for Young Readers
Publication Date: 7th June 2016


For fans of We Were Liars and The Girl on the Train comes a chilling, addictive, compulsive read about a teenage girl who wakes up in a hospital bed and cannot remember the last six weeks of her life, including the accident that killed her best friend--only what if the accident wasn't an accident? Eighteen-year-old Jill Charron wakes up in a hospital room, leg in a cast, stitches in her face and a big blank canvas where the last 6 weeks should be. She comes to discover she was involved in a fatal accident while on a school trip in Italy three days previous but was jetted home by her affluent father in order to receive quality care. Care that includes a lawyer. And a press team. Because maybe the accident...wasn't an accident. Wondering not just what happened but what she did, Jill tries to piece together the events of the past six weeks before she loses her thin hold on her once-perfect life.


I don't normally go for books which draw comparisons to other books and the fact that this book mentions We Were Liars and The Girl on the Train, two books which really didn't work out for me, you would think that I wouldn't find this book appealing at all, but this couldn't be more further than the truth. Eileen Cook won me over completely with her book Unravelling Isobel four years ago, it had the right amount of creepiness to keep me thoroughly entertained. Also I do love my books which deal with memory loss, more so when they're done well. and I have a feeling that this book will keeping me guessing until the very last page. I just wish the wait for this book didn't have to be so long!

So what are you waiting on this Wednesday? I've really missed out on adding to my tbr pile, so look forward to discovering new reads! 


14 comments:

Petra said...

I hadn't heard of this before, but it sounds really good. And I love that cover. I hope you get to read it soon. Thanks for sharing, and happy Wednesday! :)
Here's my WoW

Unknown said...

Ah, sounds so intriguing - I love a good mystery. :) Great pick!

Jenny said...

I really dislike when comparisons are made between books as well, usually because I feel bad for the book being compared. They almost never live up to the bar that's been set by someone saying "for fans of Harry Potter!" Glad to know this author blew you away once already though, that definitely bodes well for this book!

Carina Olsen said...

This book looks pretty exciting :D I hope you will end up loving it Jasprit. <3 Thank you for sharing :)

Unknown said...

oh another for the tbr pile

Piecraft Bucharest said...

This is new to me, Jasprit, but it sounds absolutely wonderful. Thanks for the heads-up ;)

Heidi@Rainy Day Ramblings said...

I don't put stock in comparisons, but still, you have me curious

Ksenia said...

I like books dealing with memory loss, so I’ll check out With Malice. You already know that I’m waiting After the Last Dance by Sarra Manning

Eva @ All Books Considered said...

I love this cover, the concept and basically everything! Definitely adding to my TBR! Thanks for sharing

My WoW

Unknown said...

I've never read any of this author's books, or the ones mentioned in the blurb, but I'm definitely drawn in by it, and by that excellent cover. I didn't know this was out there before, but now I'll have to add it to my to-read list! Great pick, thanks!!

Here's My WoW.

Keertana said...

We Were Liars didn't work for me AT ALL so I would have definitely dismissed this had it not been for you featuring it and specifically mentioning that Cook's work had impressed you in the past. Thanks for putting this back on my radar, Jasprit!

Shooting Stars Mag said...

I actually liked We Were Liars, but yeah, it's tough when publishers compare books because it won't work for everyone. I am curious about this one now though so thanks for putting it on my radar.

-Lauren

Anonymous said...

I've never read an Eileen Cook book, nor did I enjoy We Were Liars, but this sounds very appealing! And I'm loving that cover!
Hope this will be better than those two books this was compared to, Jasprit!

Leanna Elle said...

Super excited to read this one. I'm trying not to build up expectation too much, though! Usually when I do that I end up being disappointed!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...