Sunday 24 September 2017

The Readers Den Weekly Wrap Up #11

Hi everyone, with Rachel and I's crazy work schedules, we miss sharing whats going on with us. We used to have a lot of fun with our Showcase Sunday posts, so thought we'd do something regular on the blog, where we share bookish news and life news in general as a weekly recap!


Jasprit 

Hey so where has this week gone? I've found myself busy with work, catching up with friends, babysitting my niece and to top it all off at the end of the week I got sick! So that basically gave me no time to read at all, which I'm quite gutted about as I started Laura Florand's Once Upon a Rose and I'm loving the heck out of it!


WHAT I READ/REVIEWED 

Jasprit 
(Click on title for Goodreads link)


See what I mean about hardly any reading? I rated The Language of Thorns 3 stars, whilst I enjoyed the earlier short stories, I wasn't really a fan of the latter ones, look out for my review sometime this week on the blog. And I couldn't finish There's Someone Inside Your House, I just felt that it couldn't keep my attention. 


Rachel:
 (Click on title for Goodreads link)


I had a pretty good reading week.  Both Long, Tall Cowboy Christmas and One of Us Is Lying were 5 stars reads for me.  I'll have a short review up for One of Us Is Lying next week. I really enjoyed Ride It Out, too.  It was a great series ender.

BOOKS RECEIVED 
Jasprit 
(Click on title for Goodreads link)

Nothing this week, which is a small blessing, because the amount of books that seem to be coming into my house and the amount I'm getting read is hugely out of proportion, I guess I can use this week to play catch up!


Rachel:
 (Click on title for Goodreads link)



I love Elizabeth Hoyt's Maiden Lane series so I can't wait to read this novella. I got a copy of Not That I Could Tell because I couldn't resist.  I loved the first Angie Pallorino mystery and so when I heard The Lullaby Girl (book #2) was up on Netgalley I quickly got a copy!  Greg's review of The Collapsing Empire piqued my interest so I bought a copy when it when it came up as an Audible Daily Deal.

NEW TO MY TBR
Jasprit 
(Click on Book for Goodreads link)


Christina Lauren is an author whose books I've just started recently, but which I've been enjoying a lot so when first heard of Love and Other Words I knew I had to add it to my to read pile immediately! Also I'm always a huge fan of second chance romances! And Katee Robert has taken over my Goodreads feed as of late, I don't know why I didn't check her books out sooner, because they sound exactly like something that I would enjoy! 

Rachel:
I haven't added anything new to my TBR except for The Collapsing Empire after I purchased it from Audible (see above).  Good news because I'm soooo behind on my review books! I'm trying to stay off the computer most of Saturday (after finishing this post) to do some catching up.

  WHAT I'M WATCHING:

Jasprit 



I haven't been able to watch much of Jane this week, that is also because my sister has been watching it with me, so I can only watch it when she's free too. It was announced that season 4 will be starting on Netflix in early October, so I really need to catch up with it.




Rachel:

 
I've seen The 100 recommended by other bloggers and I have to agree, it's really good! I've watched the first three episodes and can't wait to get back to it. My husband loves it, too!


EVENTS OF THE WEEK

Jasprit 


You know me I'm always a big fan of dessert, I'm especially a fan of those places that bring out the seasonal desserts. I went to Zizzi a few week ago, as I heard they were bringing out a warm chocolate-y waffle, but being the dufus that I was I went a day before the new menu was out and wasn't able to try it. But luckily me and friends popped by this week and oh my gosh the wait was worth it, it was absolutely divine! Who the heck can resist a warm waffle served with hot chocolate sauce, crushed salted caramel & chocolate black sea salt and caramel gelato! 





Rachel:

Nothing exciting for me this week other than keeping up with my half-marathon training.  It's been tough trying to keep up with my reading between work and running.  Next Thursday I'm off to Laguna Beach for a long weekend so I hope to get some reading and relaxing done by the pool.



How was your week?

5 comments:

Shooting Stars Mag said...

Jasprit: Sorry you couldn't get into There's Someone Inside Your House. I really enjoyed it!

Omg, that waffle looks amazing.

Rachel: Yay for loving One of Us Is Lying. I still need to read that - but it's good to hear nice things. :) Luck you getting away soon for some pool time!

-Lauren
www.shootingstarsmag.net

Greg said...

I've been wondering about There's Someone, hearing a lot of mixed things. And I liked One Of Us Is Lying too, I thought it was a lot of fun. Yay for The Collpasing Empire! Hope you like it. :)

The 100 is so awesome. I've been rewatching it since I'm between shows on Netflix and now I remember why I loved the first two seasons so much.

That chocolate waffle- yum!!!

Grace @ RebelMommyBookBlog said...

I haven't really seen good things about There's Someone Inside Your House which is so disappointing. Sorry it was a DNF. I am so excited to fit in One of Us is Lying!! Looks so good. Mmm waffle. Have a great week !

Blodeuedd said...

Wohoo Brown!!!

And mmmm desserts

Carina Olsen said...

Ahhh, Jasprit. I'm so sorry you didn't like those books all that much :( I'm dying to read them both, and hoping both will be the best. But you have worried me a little. Hmph. Rude :D But still. Can't wait. And ahh, Rachel! YESSSS for having started watching The 100 :D IT IS SO GOOD. Hope you are both doing great. <3 Lovely post, as always :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...