Friday 24 November 2017

Review: Wrong to Need You by Alisha Rai

Wrong to Need You (Forbidden Hearts #2) by Alisha Rai
Publisher: Avon
Publication Date: November 28th 2017
My rating: 4 stars


He wasn’t supposed to fall in love with his brother’s widow… Accused of a crime he didn't commit, Jackson Kane fled his home, his name, and his family. Ten years later, he’s come back to town: older, wiser, richer, tougher—and still helpless to turn away the one woman he could never stop loving, even after she married his brother. Sadia Ahmed can’t deal with the feelings her mysterious former brother-in-law stirs, but she also can’t turn down his offer of help with the cafe she’s inherited. While he heats up her kitchen, she slowly discovers that the boy she adored has grown into a man she’s simply unable to resist. An affair is unthinkable, but their desire is undeniable. As secrets and lies are stripped away, Sadia and Jackson must decide if they’re strong enough to face the past...and step into a future together.

I absolutely loved the heck out of Hate to Want You, I loved the tension that Rai had created between the two families, the heartache that they had to endure over the last few years, but the constant pull between our two main characters Livvy and Nicholas, despite everything that had gone down. Despite Hate to Want You building some of the bridges somewhat between the two families, there was still so much damage that had been done and still so much that I needed to find out about. I was hoping things would appear clearer in Wrong to Need You, but oh my poor heart really had to deal with a lot with several revelations chucked along the way. 

I really liked Sadia’s character in the first book, so I was overjoyed to discover that the next book would focus on her and Jackson. I was dying to learn more about Jackson’s character, it was obvious there was more to him than everyone was judging him for, and he’d always been there for Livvy when she needed him, so I knew there was a delicate, considerate guy lurking underneath. I was thrilled that Sadia was able to bring that out in him, both had been through a rough couple of years, Sadia trying to manage the café and looking after Kareem and Jackson never settling in one place long in enough. I know there were a couple of complications thrown in the mix, with what had gone down and how long Sadia and Jackson had known each other, but through all the heartache and the grief, both Sadia and Jackson really just deserved their own happiness. I loved how Rai slowly built up the relationship between them, with them slowly letting each other back into their lives and repairing the trust between them, the heat and chemistry that was building beneath was smoking hot! That I practically lived for these scenes! Also, did I mention that Jackson is my new favourite? Seriously don’t let his tough demeanour influence you, beneath the muscles and murderous looks is really a sweet guy, I loved that Rai was able to show this side of him. 

Wrong to Need You was another brilliant follow up story in what is becoming one of my all time favourite series, Rai once again upped her game in this book by giving us such a thrilling ride with Sadia and Jackson’s relationship, it had its heartbreaking moments, but also scenes which were super hot! I could not have asked for a better couple and slow burn romance than this. Despite Rai giving us a lot of answers with this latest instalment, she’s once again left me yearning for more, for more swoony romances, more characters like Jackson and more of the Chandler and Kane family! 


4 comments:

Kindlemom said...

Glad this was another wonderful story for you from this author. Great review!

Test said...

I haven't heard of this series before, but it sounds like one I would love! Also, the slow build to the relationship appeals to me - I love when authors do that rather than an insta-connection. Great review!

Lily B said...

this looks fun :D possibly steamy? I love that there is such a good connection with the characters

Carina Olsen said...

Lovely review Jasprit :D Yay for enjoying this book a lot. And yesss for lots of swoony scenes :D Those are the best ;) Glad you loved the characters a bunch. Thank you for sharing. <3

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...