Sunday 5 November 2017

Weekly Wrap Up #16

Hi everyone, with Rachel and I's crazy work schedules, we miss sharing whats going on with us. We used to have a lot of fun with our Showcase Sunday posts, so thought we'd do something regular on the blog, where we share bookish news and life news in general as a weekly recap! We've decided to link our weekly wrap up's with The Sunday Post hosted by Kimberly @ Caffeinated reviewer.


WHAT I READ/REVIEWED 

Jasprit:
(Click on title for Goodreads link)


 

This week was a fantastic reading week for me, as both of my read ended up being five stars for me, I don't want to jinx my good run, but honestly this hasn't happened to me in a long time and you know me, I rarely give books five stars these days. But both An ex for Christmas and Roomies featured such wonderful romances and characters! I for one can't wait to re-read these books again soon! 


Rachel:
 (Click on title for Goodreads link)



The audio book of The Collapsing Empire was sooo good! I can't wait for the next book which is set to release in 2019! *sobs* Touch of Red was another exciting installment to Laura Griffin's Tracers series. Duke of Desire ended the Maiden Lane series nicely. I'm sorry to say goodbye!  I listened to Besieged narrated by the amazing Luke Daniels.  It was a collection of short stories from the Iron Druid Chronicles, all pretty fantastic and now I can't wait for Scourged which I think is the last book of the series. Where I Belong and Once a Charmer were both sweet romances.


BOOKS RECEIVED 
Jasprit 
(Click on title for Goodreads link)

Nothing for me this week, which is good in a way, as it gives me the chance to catch up!

Rachel:
 (Click on title for Goodreads link)


I really enjoyed Stillhouse Lake, but it left off pretty abruptly so I'm anxious to continue the story. I loved Black-Eyed Susans by Julia Heaberlin last year some I'm excited to pick up Paper Ghosts.  Creepy cover, right?  Keep Her Safe is another book I've been excited to read since I love K.A. Tucker's writing.

NEW TO MY TBR
Jasprit 
(Click on Book for Goodreads link)


This new book from Paula Stokes sounds fantastic, so many of my friends have been telling me to read her books for a long while and this book sounds just like something I would enjoy, it looks like this book has a November release date, but I can't seem to find it anywhere to pre-order yet! And 99 Days was one of the first books that I really enjoyed by Katie Cotugno, so I was delighted when I found out there was a follow up book coming out next year!

Rachel:

Nothing other than the books received above. :)



  WHAT I'M WATCHING:

Jasprit  


With me being slammed with work lately I haven't had the chance to watch many shows, the only one I've actually been able to keep up with is The Apprentice, I've highly been loving the tasks despite some of the contestants once again being as ridiculous as usual, but I'm slowly starting to get some favourites coming through.



Rachel:


I'm addicted to this show!  We've just finished season one last night. I'll be starting season two next.


EVENTS OF THE WEEK

Jasprit 

 

I've tried to be so good with watching what I eat, especially as I've taking up personal training sessions and my trainer has been kicking my arse all over the place, but when a friend and I heard about a new dessert place opening, we knew we had to check it out and how could I resist a Ferrero rocher waffle? It was of course to die for! 





Rachel:
I was in Wine Country and Cambria last week and even though my half-marathon got cancelled I had a blast! We kayaked down the Russian River, went hiking in the Redwoods, drove down to Bodega Bay (where Alfred Hitchcock's The Birds was set), visited Point Reyes Lighthouse, and did a little wine tasting. It was such a gorgeous and relaxing trip! Here are a few pictures:

Kayaking down the Russian River


Hiking on the San Simeon cliffs above the ocean.



How was your week?

17 comments:

Blodeuedd said...

Mmm waffles

Geybie's Book Blog said...

I hope you both enjoy your new books this week. Happy reading and have a wonderful week. 😁❤️

Samantha@WLABB said...

I cannot even focus right now. I had no idea there was going to be a second 99 Days book. You know who's excited? This girl. I was just talking about this book the other day in my blog post. I always wanted more at the end, and I cannot wait to see where Cotungo takes this story. I am jealous you have the new Paula Stokes too - love her!

Grace @ RebelMommyBookBlog said...

Yay for 5 star reads Jaspirit!! Rachel I got Paper Ghosts this week too and so excited. I loved Black Eyed Susans. I had no idea there was going to be another book for 99 Days. I loved that one. Hope you guys have a great week!

Tracy said...

Great new reads this week! I hope you love all of them! That dessert looks amazing! I've been trying to eat healthier, but it's sooo hard! I'm going to get cookie dough tomorrow! XD Have a great week!

Here's my Weekly Recap!

samantha.1020 said...

I am really excited about Paper Ghosts as well! I told myself nothing new from NetGalley but couldn't resist requesting that one. It looks like you both read some really great books this past week. I hope that this week goes just as well for you!

Unknown said...

Your trip to Wine Country sounds like fun!! I really want to try a wine tasting tour, I LOVE wine! We had a dessert bar open in the metro area, last year and I have yet to try. Enjoy your week and happy reading!!

The Book Disciple said...

Rachel, I read and enjoyed Touch of Red as well. I really like that series! Hope you both have great weeks!

Unknown said...

Thanks for sharing those lovely photos. I've got my eye on Killman Creek. I adore her books! Enjoy your new reads and have a wonderful week.

My Sunday Post

Ronyell (a.k.a. Rabbitearsblog) said...

Glad you had a nice trip Rachel and great books you two!

Here’s my Sunday Post!

Ronyell @ Rabbit Ears Book Blog and join in this week’s Book Photo Sundays!

Aj @ Read All The Things! said...

I need those waffles in my life. Like, right now. I hope you guys have a great week and get lots of reading done!

Aj @ Read All The Things!

Greg said...

I LOVED Collapsing Empire (especially Kiva!!) and that is going to be a LONG wait, I totally agree. Will probably have to re- read that one when #2 is close... and the Paula Stokes book does look good too. I just read her last year for the first time and would like to try more of her books.

Yay anew The 100 fan! LOVE that show. Bellarke lol. And those waffles look amazing.

I loved The Birds so seeing Bodega Bay would be kind of awesome for that little bit of movie h istory. :) And kayaking- nice pics! Glad it was a great trip.

Have a fabulous week you guys!!!

Rachel said...

Oh, Greg, I'm so shipping Bellarke! I hope it happens. I probably will do a re-read of The Collapsing Empire before book two, as well. Two years is too long in between books. I tried to write a review that would refresh my memory a bit, so who knows, maybe that'll be enough. :)

Shooting Stars Mag said...

Jasprit: omg, those waffles. I need them now!

Rachel: ooh just added Paper Ghosts to my to-be-read list! I really liked the author's first book; I didn't realize she had a new one. Why can't it be closer to release date?! Sorry your half marathon was cancelled, but it looks like you had a lot of fun anyway exploring!

-Lauren
www.shootingstarsmag.net

Carina Olsen said...

Eee, such pretty photos :D I'm glad you are both having a great week. <3 Hugs. Yesss, Jasprit, for having read two five star reads :D That is the best feeling, for sure. <3 And ahh, Rachel, you read so much :D And yesss for watching and loving The 100. <3 I hope you are both having an awesome week this week too :D

Greg said...

Yes Bellarke MUST happen lol. I'll be curious to see when you're all caught up what you think of where the various relationships are at. :)

Evelina @ AvalinahsBooks said...

Those photos look amazing! And I mean both the desert and nature :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...