Sunday 14 January 2018

Weekly Recap #20

Hi everyone, with Rachel and I's crazy work schedules, we miss sharing whats going on with us. We used to have a lot of fun with our Showcase Sunday posts, so thought we'd do something regular on the blog, where we share bookish news and life news in general as a weekly recap! We've decided to link our weekly wrap up's with The Sunday Post hosted by Kimberly @ Caffeinated reviewer.

This week is just me (Rachel) again this week.  Things have been quiet here on the blog because things are pretty busy in real life.  I did a lot with family, had a great time having dinners together, but it left zero time for the blog. Work again was hectic and I'm tying up lose ends for the baby shower I'm hosting/planning which is fun, but a lot of work.

WHAT I READ/REVIEWED
Rachel:
 (Click on title for Goodreads link)



I rated all the books above (except for The Hawk which was only 2 stars) 4 stars, so a pretty good reading week. J.R. Ward's book came after reading The Hawk and another book I'm having trouble with, so it was a nice change from two underwhelming reads. The Rancher's Baby was a sweet, and emotional friends-to-lovers romance and Into the Night was an exciting ride.  I plan on continuing with the Highland Guard series even thought The Hawk was a bit of a disappointment, I enjoyed the first one a lot and the author's notes (at the end) on Medieval history and her story are pretty interesting.

BOOKS RECEIVED 
Rachel:
 (Click on title for Goodreads link)



I love Robyn Carr's writing and her Sullivan's Crossing series has been a hit for me so far so I snatched a copy of The Family Gathering up on Netgalley.  I got Merry and Bright and Fragments of the Lost from the library.  Both audio copies and I'm currently listening to Fragments of the Lost.  Good so far.  Merry and Bright will be what I listen to next.

  WHAT I'M WATCHING:

 
I watched Rogue One a couple of weeks ago, haven't had time for much in the way of movies or TV since.  I liked it, but was disappointed by the ending.



EVENTS OF THE WEEK

Well, it seems my time dodging all the viruses this flu season has come to an end.  I'm up in Sonoma (Wine Country) on a short vacation and I got a sore throat which turned into coughing and chest congestion. So now I'm downing DayQuil/NyQuil.  Good times.  I'm in our hotel room right now typing this out.  I did do some amazing tasting at the Orin Swift tasting room in St. Helena and more before I became too miserable to leave the room.  Orin Swift's wine is amazing (Papillon is my favorite), and his bottle labels are quite interesting:






How was your week?

19 comments:

Grace @ RebelMommyBookBlog said...

You sound like you have been busy. Oh I just got Fragments of the Lost. Hope we both like it! I also just got sick. I hate it. I would love me some Nyquil but I can't take it right now so I am just doing lots of tea, cough drops and breath rite strips. Feel better and enjoy wine country!

Evelina @ AvalinahsBooks said...

Hope you get better soon :) here's to another good reading week!

Nina said...

I thought Rogue One was entertaining, but nothing spectacular. I thought it would be amazing, but nope! :(

Almost all of your books 4 stars, that's pretty amazing! Hopefully this week will be a great reading week aswell.

Nick said...

Oh no! Sorry to hear you are unwell, Rachel. That's a sucky way to start the year. I hope you feel better. I'm glad you had a decent reading week, however.
I'm curious about Fragments of the Lost. It sounds really interesting. I hope you have a good week ahead, Rachel!

Anonymous said...

Wow, Sonoma sounds amazing, too bad about being sick though. Your new books look really good. Have a great weekend. :)

Test said...

Aww, I'm sorry to hear you're sick! Hopefully you'll feel better soon. Sonoma sounds like a lot of fun. I'm not a huge wine drinker, but I've always wanted to go to a winery/wine tasting. I read The Rancher's Baby this week too and really enjoyed it. Have a great week, Rachel! :)

Unknown said...

Ooh, the tasting sounds fun. I enjoy going to them now and then. Sorry you're feeling so poorly and wishing you a speedy recovery so you can enjoy those shiny books!

My Sunday Post

Mallory @ SheisBookish said...

I love Sonoma!!! I hope you feel better soon - being sick in wine country has to be zero fun :(

The Book Disciple said...

I love the new Cynthia Eden series-its like an episode of Criminal minds with romance! Sorry you are sick on vacation. That sucks!! Hope you get better soon!

Greg said...

Ooh Into the Night looks good! Fragments of the Lost is on my list too, I want to read more Megan Miranda. Glad you liked Rogue One, I mostly did too but I agree- the ending wasn't my favorite. Felt tacked on almost?

Hope you feel better, and can enjoy your vacation! I do love a cool wine label. :)

Ronyell (a.k.a. Rabbitearsblog) said...

Awww...sorry about your cold. I hope you get better soon!

Here’s my Sunday Post!

Ronyell @ Rabbit Ears Book Blog and join in this week’s Book Photo Sundays!

EFC Chrissy said...

Sorry to hear that you're sick! Get some rest, and I hope you feel better soon!

The wine bottle labels do look interesting.

Aj @ Read All The Things! said...

I hope you feel better soon. Enjoy your new books. Have a great week!

Aj @ Read All The Things!

Shooting Stars Mag said...

Aw, I'm glad you enjoyed your trip a bit before getting sick. I hope you feel better soon. It's all around me, so *fingers crossed* I won't catch anything. lol I know a girl named Sonoma, and I just love it.

-Lauren
www.shootingstarsmag.net

Brandie said...

I am so sorry you are sick, Rachel. Especially being in wine country. I would LOVE to be there!! I hope you can shake it quickly. I started taking those supplements you recommended in hopes I can get better. I've still got something lingering, and I'm so sick of it!
I got a copy of the new Carr book, too...I hope it's good!

Karen said...

I haven't read anything by Cynthia Eden in years but I like her writing. I hear Blood Fury is great so I might give it a go despite writing of Ward a while ago.

I loved Rogue One but I'm not a die hard SW fan so it was an entertaining stand alone for me.

Hope you feel better soon.

For What It's Worth

Kindlemom said...

Good luck with the baby shower and everything else and congrats on the books!

Carina Olsen said...

Aaack, I'm sorry you are sick often lovely :\ Ugh. That sucks so much. I hope you are feeling better now :) Hugs. And ee, yay for reading a lot :D I adored Fragments of the Lost. It was awesome. Hope you'll end up loving it too :) Happy reading Rachel. <3 Hope you are having the best week.

Linda @ (un)Conventional Bookworms said...

Being busy with real life happens to all of us every now and then - I think all other bloggers understand, Rachel! And we'll still be here when you have more time for blogging once more.
You got some nice books - and reminded me that I still haven't written my review for Merry and Bright :)
Have a wonderful week ahead and happy reading.
Lexxie @ (un)Conventional Bookviews

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...