Friday 14 March 2014

A Kid's Perspective #8

A Kid's Perspective: Judging a Book By Its Cover is a feature hosted by Sara @ Forever 17 Books where Sara gets her six year old son Shawn's perspective on a few Young Adult covers.

Hello everyone, my sister is finally back with another interpretation of a YA book cover. I'm sorry she wasn't able to share a post with you sooner, but my sister was far too occupied with her Beatles project for school, we've been listening to Beatles songs for the last month or so (not that I'm complaining), but now that she has handed it in, she says that she will have a lot more posts to share with you! So without further ado, the book my sister picked out was...





I think that Shadow & Bone is about a place which is forbidden. Nobody goes there and if they do they don't return.

I can totally understand my sister's perspective with this book. the cover does give an eerie sort of vibe and of a place of no return. And isn't this what people assume when they go to Little Palace? That they won't return? I so need to do a re-read of this book! Also this is one of the first covers that my sister went all out on, she was there all day Sunday with her charcoals smudging away to get the right finish!



13 comments:

Siiri said...

THIS IS SOOOOOO PRETTTYYYHH!!! Jas, your sister has talent, I'm telling you! And I need to read this. Heh. Meet Alina, Mal, The Darkling, Sturmhond and the rest of the co in these books. And people really assume that you won't come back once you go into the palace? Wow, that's eerie indeed. Can't wait to start this journey:)

Melanie said...

Wow, I love this one! She gets better and better each time. I haven't read this book yet, so I kinda agree with your sis' interpretation.

Thanks for sharing, Jasprit! <33

Kaniesha said...

She's kind of spot on! Even if she weren't referring to the palace directly - the dark scary place (I forget what it's called now I haven't read Shadow and Bone since 2012) is kind of a place you don't return from. I love it!

Michelle said...

I don't know how old your sister is, but that drawing is great!! She definitely has some art talent there!

Melissa (i swim for oceans) said...

You have a very intuitive little sister there! Love it :)

Heidi@Rainy Day Ramblings said...

I think that is her best one to date! Well done!

Unknown said...

Soooo cool. :) Love her perspective as well.

Henrietta @ Leisure Reads said...

I love your sister's cover! It's amazing that her perspective is often insightful. Thanks for sharing!

Carina Olsen said...

Aw, that is an adorable version of Shadow and Bone :D I love it. <3 So cute. And the book is so so good. Thank you you for sharing :)

Aimee (Aimee, Always) said...

This is adorable! Hell, I can't draw like that. :( And it definitely gives off that "creepy place" vibe, so I see why your sister thinks that. Oh, that's drawn with charcoals? *extremely jealous of the talent your sister has*

Tanja - Tanychy said...

Your sister should give me some paining lessons. I'm helpless, but she is amazing. I'm so glad she picked this book. I haven't read it but I too have some ideas about castles and some wizards. Dunno why. I really should read it. Great post, Jasprit :)

Steph said...

I love this, so adorable! Wonderful drawing of the cover :)

Jules said...

You're sister's getting better and better since the last post! I haven't read this yet, but it does give off the eerie vibe. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...