Friday 28 March 2014

Sony ReaderStore.

Hey guys so I have a different sort of post to share with you today, but one which I am extremely happy to be sharing. Being the book buyers/book pushers that we are, I love buying all the books, but sometimes due to money constraints or toppling tbr piles, unless I am dying to get my hands on a book, I will pre-order a copy, otherwise sometimes I will wait for it to come down in price. Now my normal to go places are Amazon and The Book Depository, but one day last week I received an email asking me if I knew about the Sony ReaderStore and of course I had no clue, that this site even existed. 

I usually love sneaking in a couple of pages of a book on my phone when I have a few minutes to myself, and so was thrilled to learn that I could buy books and download them to my laptop and or phone from this e-book website. The ReaderStore e-books are in a epub format, but just by downloading the Reader by Sony App on your phone you're able to read on the go! I normally hate having to sit there in front of my laptop, so was pleased that there was a phone option available. 



The Sony ReaderStore has so many e-books to choose from and the website is very quick and easy to use. I hate having to navigate around a cluttered website, so was pleased to see the Sony ReaderStore had a very simple design and interface with the search button right at the top. And you can start buying books in three easy steps!

1. Register and make an account with the Sony ReaderStore website
2. Need an Adobe ID account (If you have Adobe Digital Editions on your laptop etc, you probably already have an ID)
3. Start Buying.

My first two purchases were Kinslayer by Jay Kristoff and Alaska by Sue Saliba, these were two books I had been highly anticipating for sometime. The books did initially download to my laptop, but once I'd downloaded the Reader by Sony App, I was able to download them to my phone too.

Screen Shot of my copy of Alaska.

There's also a cool step by step guide when you first start using the app on your phone, so it doesn't take you ages to get used to the navigation. Also there's options to bookmark your page and when you turn the page on your phone, they have a cool flicking sort of motion, so it feels as if you're turning an actual page. 

Step by Step guide.

The Sony ReaderStore is a e-book website which I'm glad that I was made aware of, its simple and easy to use and also book lovers like us should have as many different options for us to buy books from available! If you get the time, I do hugely recommend giving this site a go!



10 comments:

Keertana said...

Thanks for introducing this one to my attention, Jasprit! I'm always looking out for more websites to buy books on, so I'll definitely be giving this a try this weekend for sure! :)

Mary @ BookSwarm said...

Oh, now that's pretty darned cool! I'm not a fan of reading on my phone or laptop, though. I've tried but I get too impatient, staring at that screen (especially my phone) that's too small. But yay for new technology that works for you! Love when that happens.

Unknown said...

Oh this is cool. I wish I'm into e-books more. Lol.

Heidi@Rainy Day Ramblings said...

I haven't heard of this before. Just what I need, another place to buy books. I will check it out.

Shooting Stars Mag said...

I'd never heard of this, so thanks for sharing. I need to try and read more e-books.

Emma said...

I'm always looking for new stores to get books. I for one use Google Play occasionally and the Kindle app on my phone but It's always good if you can find new bargains in other places. Thanks for putting this on my radar, Jasprit. :)

Henrietta @ Leisure Reads said...

I like Sony ReaderStore too but I use Kobo more often. Glad you found something you liked on the store :)

Unknown said...

Ooh, I'm loving this post, Jasprit! I haven't heard of this before. Maybe when I get more money, I'll use it and start buying ebooks since they are usually cheaper than physical copies. Thanks for the info!

Glass said...

Thank you for sharing with us, Jasprit. I didn't know about this page.

The Bookish Manicurist said...

We could always use more ways of buying books, am I right?! I love that you picked Alaska, I've read another of her books but still need to read Alaska!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...