Monday 17 March 2014

Cover Fever #7


Hello everyone! Jasprit and I are back with another Cover Fever.  I'm featuring Nightshade by Andrea Cremer. I had major issues with the ending of this series, and I think if I picked it up again the love triangle would annoy me even more, but I always loved the original cover.  The publishers changed the US covers when they released the paperback of Nightshade and it was a huge disappointment to me. I couldn't get the matching cover to the original I had which was much better IMO.  See the bottom of the post for the differences in the original design to the new one they chose and tell me what you think.


     US Cover                             US Paperback

Nightshade (Nightshade, #1)   Nightshade (Nightshade, #1)


    

                   
  Indonesian Cover                    French Cover  
                                          

Nightshade (Perburuan Takdir)
   Lune de sang (Nightshade, #1)



Jasprit: Changes midway through a series usually make me so mad, especially when I've been a fan of the original cover design and also when my series doesn't match anymore, so I can totally understand Rachel's frustrations. Like Rachel I actually prefer the original US cover, the colours used on the cover are gorgeous and the cover is different to a lot of the covers that you see out there. Whereas the US paperback, I'm not a fan of at all, I dislike the way they've put the character and wolf image together, it looks like they really couldn't be bothered. I quite like the Indonesian cover, it reminds me of Meg Cabot's Abandon cover, I also like the colour too. Whereas I don't find the French cover appealing at all.

Jasprit's Final Verdict: Original US cover for sure!

Rachel: 
Love the original US Cover with the pretty girl with wolf eyes and flowers! I completely dislike the US Paperback, and that "green screen" type background. I was so irritated when they switched to this series of covers. *sigh* The Indonesian cover looks like an adult shifter story set in a stripper club, lol! Yes, my imagination is running wild!  The French cover accurately represents the unbearable love triangle within, and I sort of like the wolf eyes in the upper background.

 
Rachel's Final Verdict: 
I love the original US Cover. If they stuck with those through the series, I may have even kept the books even though I was less than happy about the end.

Original Covers (guessing on the 3rd book)

Nightshade (Nightshade, #1)  Wolfsbane (Nightshade #2)   Bloodrose - A döntés (Nightshade, #3)

Changed Covers

Nightshade (Nightshade, #1)   Wolfsbane (Nightshade, #2)  Bloodrose (Nightshade, #3)


21 comments:

The Bookish Manicurist said...

I agree with you girls, the original looks the best. And I have this series but have never read it, but I shoold give these a go!

The Bookish Manicurist said...

*should

The Readdicts said...

Oh, I quite like the US paperback edition. It's something very interesting and highly cool. I enjoyed looking at these covers. Thanks for sharing!

Sarika @ The Readdicts

Maji Bookshelf said...

I think the US cover is the best!! There is another cover that I actually own, and you haven't showed it here! I like that one as well!
- Farah

Aimee (Aimee, Always) said...

The original ones were absolutely gorgeous. I own the original hardcover and the new hardcovers for the last two and it's getting on my nerves. And something's really off about the girl's position in the new Wolfsbane cover. :/ This is one of the most annoying cover changes I've seen, really. :(

Anonymous said...

I'm also with you. None of the covers are really that great, but if I had to choose one, it would be the US cover for sure.
The cover changes for this series is just horrid to be honest.

Jenni said...

Yeah the original US covers are definitely the best here. I don't get why cover changes are running so rampant lately!

Unknown said...

Ugh, I hate when covers change mid-way. I haven't read the books and I'm not really a fan of any of the covers, but I do like the US cover the best. They definitely should've stayed with the original covers! The Indonesian would be my 2nd pick and don't even let me mention the horridness of the US paperback.

Carina Olsen said...

Ohh. I like that original cover! I own the paperback.. not sure if I will read the series, though :\ Sniffs. Love triangles. Ugh. But yeah. I do like looking at pretty covers :D Thank you for sharing. <3

Shooting Stars Mag said...

I like the original U.S. covers too. The new versions just aren't appealing to me.

Unknown said...

I loooooove the Indonesian cover!

Maja (The Nocturnal Library) said...

You're right that the Indonesian cover has "stripper club" written all over it! The original US cover is the only one I actually like, altough I suppose the paperback cover reflects the story well.

Melissa (i swim for oceans) said...

I think the original covers were so gorgeous. I was really disappointed when the covers switched, too, because I loved the uniqueness and the colours!

Jennifer said...

I like the original covers US the best. Especially the arc of Wolfsbane. I was so mad when they changed covers for that book. The new US cover for Wolfsbane is the ugliest cover ever. I can't stand it. At the time I loved these books. But I could not stand to own that book. It just made me super mad. I also dislike the cover for Bloodrose. I was okay with the new cover for Nightshade. I didn't like it as much as the original US cover. But it was okay.

Siiri said...

I know a lot of people love the original one, but I don't. Idk why. I like the neq covers, though not that much either. The ones I do love though? The UK paperbacks which I own. The silhouettes are so gorgeous and so much prettier than this. Though.. I must say that the Indonesian cover is quite awesome *laughs @ Rachel's stripper comment* (WHOA! I didn't know that they all had covers before O.o I thought it was just Nightshade that changed. Ehh, this sucks.)

Heidi@Rainy Day Ramblings said...

I am with you, the original US cover is the best, I don't like the paperback cover it is just weird.

Amanda Gray said...

I have to say, I'm not a fan of Nightshades cover on it's own, but as a collection with the other too it really does fit nicely and looks lovely. The new covers look poorly put together and I would never have changed the covers, it was a terrible choice. I also like the French cover a little, but it looks very 'bit of this, bit of that' so it wouldn't be my first choice. Great choice of book girls :D

Tanja - Tanychy said...

I totally agree that US original cover is the prettier of all of these, but yeah changing the cover mid series makes me really angry, especially when they do this. Great post, ladies :)

Mary @ BookSwarm said...

I like the US cover (though grr for changes) but I really kind of like the Indonesian cover, just because it's different!

Jaime Lester said...

Absolutely the original covers! No doubt about it. One of the worst cover changes to date, and that is saying a lot. There have been some bad ones.

Unknown said...

I definitely prefer the Original cover as well! I'll never understand changes mid-series to books. People buy these books looking for a nice matching set and changes like this only throws it all off. Very frustrating.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...