Sunday 17 August 2014

Showcase Sunday #57



Showcase Sunday is a weekly meme hosted by Vicky at Books, Biscuits and Tea. The aim is to showcase our newest books or book related swag and to see what everyone else received for review, borrowed from libraries, bought in bookshops and downloaded onto eReaders this week.  

Hey all! Its been a while since we last shared a book haul post with you, we've both had some pretty neat books in over the last few weeks, but will just be sharing a few of the books we received. With so many pretties, I really am struggling with deciding what I should read next, I think that takes most of my time than the actual reading does! 



                       
                                                   
                                                      (Click cover for Goodreads link)

  
  

I have the lovely Siiri from Little Pieces of Imagination to thank for the first picture, she was such a doll in sending me Things You Kiss Goodbye, which had been high on my wish list and The Evolution of Mara Dyer, a series that Siiri thought I needed to get back to. The Kiss of Deception has piqued my interest for the last few weeks, the reviews have been a mixed bunch, but I'm hoping that I will end up loving it. And the last three books need to introductions, I'm getting excited just thinking about them now!

Lets see what Rachel received.



(Click on cover for Goodreads link)

Hope Burns (Hope #3)  Carolina Blues (Dare Island, #4)  Burying Water In Her Wake (Ten Tiny Breaths, #0.5) 

Worth the Fall (The McKinney Brothers, #1)  Broken (Redemption, #1)

After having a hard, busy week at work I was happily surprised to come home to this lovely book package from my lovely co-blogger Jasprit!  These books and bookmarkers are signed by Sarra Manning and Mila Gray as well. This immediately cheered my mood! From the books below, I think I'm most excited for Burying Water by K.A. Tucker. After enjoying her Ten Tiny Breathes series, I can't wait to dive in.  This is a memory loss/mystery/romance so I'm really intrigued. I think Worth the Fall would be a great cover/book to participate in Top Off Tuesday that the lovely Mary @The Book Swarm participates in frequently, and I always have and/or drool at the covers she presents.  Those are some very nice abs, right?

How about you? Did you get some awesome reads this week?  Link us up and we'll come check it out!

23 comments:

Alyssa said...

YAYAYAY NEVER FADE!! I loved The Darkest Minds and Never Fade, and cannot wait to read In the Afterlight :D I loved The Kiss of Deception! And I really enjoyed the first Mara Dyer book, have the second... would like to binge-read the series before book three (finally) comes out ^_^ I hope you enjoy all of your new books! Have a fabulous weekend :)

Check out my STS post!

Lauren @ Love is not a triangle said...

So many great books here I don't know where to begin! I need to re-read Evolution before the final Mara Dyer book releases. I'm still so obsessed with those covers. Rachel, I still want you to read Ugly Love for me :). Jasprit, would love your opinion as well. I really enjoyed Isla, hope you do too! Curious about your reaction to the new Tucker series, though I think she and I need to go our separate ways, unfortunately. GREAT HAUL ladies.

Maji Bookshelf said...

I also bought the kiss of deception recently and omg i am DYING to read it! as well as ISLA of course.. been waiting for two torturous years for it!

- Juhina @ Maji Bookshelf

Aneeqah said...

Ahh, Jasprit, those pictures are so gorgeous! <3 I've heard SO many great things about Kiss of Deception, so I can't wait to see what you think of it! I've read The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer, but I'm waiting to read the second, so that I can just binge read the series when the last book comes out. Also, NEVER FADE YAYAY! I read your review for The Darkest Minds, and I'm SO happy you liked it. But be warned, Never Fade is going to rock your world and your feels. I can't wait for you to read it!!

Rachel, it was so nice of Jasprit to send you something! <3 You Don't Have to Say You Love Me actually looks quite good. I also hope that you love Burying Water as much as you enjoyed the author's previous series!

AWESOME haul, ladies. <3

Anonymous said...

I'm curious to see what you think of Kiss of Deception, Jasprit. While I personally wasn't blown away by the book, I hope you will love it. :)
I'm excited to see Ugly Love. You're going to have to emotionally prepare yourself for that book. It was just so sad!
I hope you're liking Isla. I saw that you were reading. I put off reading it until it becomes available at my library.
Also, Never Fade! We need to decide when to read that. I'll send you a message this week.

Rachel, I got Burying Water too and I'm looking forward to reading it. If ever you wanted to read it together, let me know! :)
Seeing a Lauren Layne book in your haul just reminded me that I seriously need to pick something up by her soon. I've heard so many good things! :)

I hope you lovely ladies enjoy all your books! :)

Unknown said...

Some great books you got there. I've been seeing Kiss of Deception a lot lately and I am really curious to read it for myself. Happy reading :)
My SS

Laura Patricia Rose said...

Wow some great books there! The Kiss of Deception has really caught my eye. And I very nearly bought Isla and the Happily Ever After yesterday but resisted as have too many books to read right now!
My SS: http://lauraslittlebookblog.blogspot.co.uk/2014/08/showcase-sunday-35.html

Unknown said...

Wow loads of books!! I've never read a Sarra Manning book before but I feel like it's something I've got to do and the cover for You Don't Have to Say You Love Me is so enticing! Really need to get started on the Mara Dyer series, I've heard so many good things about it so I hope you enjoy reading it!!

Check out my SS here!

Laura @ What's Hot?

Melliane said...

oh that's nice, so many books! I heard great things about the kiss of deception and I hope you'll enjoy all your new novels. Happy reading!

Catherine @ Book Club Librarian said...

Nice assortment of books. I've been hearing a lot about Ugly Love, so I'm hoping a copy comes my way. Both of the books you are currently reading are on my wish list.

My Sunday post: http://www.bookclublibrarian.com/2014/08/weekly-book-recap-78.html

Mel@Thedailyprophecy said...

Pretty photograph from The kiss of deception, I like this cover a lot. Happy reading :D

brandileigh2003 said...

Kiss goodbye and Broken looks good, hope you enjoy and have a great upcoming week.

Shooting Stars Mag said...

Looks like you both got some awesome books! I really want to read Isla and the Happily Ever After. I still need to buy a copy.

Joy said...

Such great haul, ladies. I'm thinking I should read the second book to Mara as well, Jasprit. I remember loving the first one. I know it's not something literary by any stretch of imagination but read what you enjoy, yeah?

I'm excited to read the latest KA Tucker too, Rachel! I enjoyed her Ten Tiny Breaths and have always been fond of memory loss type of story arches.

Anyway,

Have a great week, ladies!

Jillyn said...

The Kiss of Deception and Never Fade sound great. Happy reading!

Livvy said...

Looks like you guys have some cracking books with beautiful covers. Intrigued by The Kiss of Deception!
That is so cute that you received a parcel when you were having a bad day, I am glad it managed to cheer you up, Rachel!

Eileen said...

I got The Kiss of Deception and Isla too! I can't decide which one to read first but I'm so excited!! I'm definitely thinking about getting Ugly Love too! Great haul :)

Unknown said...

The Things You Kiss Goodbye looks good, like a Jennifer E. Smith book. Burying Water looks good, and I can't wait to read Hope Burns.
Enjoy your books, ladies!

Carina Olsen said...

Ack, gorgeous books you guys. <3 I hope you both love them all :D Sigh. The Mara Dyer books. <3 I adored them. But been waiting so long for the last book.. :( I hate waiting, lol. But soon it will be here. I hope. Happy reading to you both. <3

Keertana said...

Jasprit, I absolutely loved Isla and can't wait to see what you make of it. Looking forward to comparing thoughts on both that one and Kiss of Deception!

Rachel, I love Manning's books and can't wait to see what you think of the one you've got. I hope you love it! ;)

Fantastic haul, ladies, and happy reading! :D

Unknown said...

Oooh new Sarra Manning! I haven't yet read anything by her but have been in a super fluffy reading mood lately and have been dying to get my hands on something of hers. Happy reading you two!

Melanie said...

Ahhh look at all the prettiness! I hope that you enjoy Kiss of Deception.

Lovely haul, ladies! <33

Unknown said...

Great haul, ladies! I was very very happy with how Isla turned out - Josh is every bit as swoony as we would expect from Anna, and it was fun seeing everyone together again. I need to do a re-read of the Mara Dyer series before the final book comes out, but I did like the second more than the first, if that helps at all. Can't wait to see how you all feel about all of these books - happy reading!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...