Sunday 27 April 2014

Showcase Sunday #51



Showcase Sunday is a weekly meme hosted by Vicky at Books, Biscuits and Tea. The aim is to showcase our newest books or book related swag and to see what everyone else received for review, borrowed from libraries, bought in bookshops and downloaded onto eReaders this week. 



Hey everyone, I hope you've all been reading some great books! April seemed to be a month of brilliant releases. I forgot how many books I had pre-ordered but was very excited to see them arrive. I have devoured every single book by Jenny Han, so couldn't wait to get my hands on her latest book. The same can be said of Laini Taylor's Dreams of Gods and Monsters, I am dying to know how things will end in her series. I'm actually attending a Laini Taylor event this week, she will be hosting a discussion and a signing afterwards, I can't wait! 



What I Thought was True by Huntley Fitzpatrick | To All the Boys I've Loved Before by Jenny Han | Let's Get Lost by Adi Alsaid.

Thank you MIRA Ink


Thank you Sarah Alderson.

Out of Control by Sarah Alderson | Dreams of Gods & Monsters by Laini Taylor | Sharp Objects by Gillian Flynn. 


Sarah Alderson is another of my go to authors. she is wonderful in creating stories that you just want to get lost in, she was sweet enough to give early copies of Out of Control and her adult novel Come Back to Me. See what I mean now? I received so many brilliant books all in one go, that I have no clue where to start (so far I've only been able to read What I Thought was True from this stack :( ).

Let's see the pretties Rachel received.

Red at NightAll You Need is Love (Green Mountain #1)    Speak No Evil (No Evil Trilogy, #1)   



Thank you to Berkley!

I didn’t get too much this week.  I’m trying to make a dent (as always) in my review pile anyhow. I’m really excited for All You Need is Love after reading Andrea’s @The Bookish Babe review.  It sounds just like the sweet romance I gravitate to.  Red At Night was a freebie novella by Katie McGarry and I’ve loved all her YA romances, so how could I pass it up?  Speak No Evil was offered to me on sale when I logged into my audible account.  I saw high ratings so I scooped it up! I’ve been listening to it and it’s a procedural crime/mystery sort of along the lines of Criminal Minds and it’s really good! Really disturbing, but really good! I don’t want to stop listening to it at the end of my commute. 

If you posted a book haul this week, we would love to see what you received, so leave us a link in the comments and we'll be over to check it out!

24 comments:

Zoe N. said...

Oh wow! What a fantastic haul Jasprit! :D Can't wait to see what you think of all of these lovelies - especially What I Thought was True, To All the Boys I've Loved Before, and Dreams of Gods and Monsters as I've heard they're really well-done! ;)

Thanks for sharing! <3

~ Zoe @ The Infinite To-Read Shelf

Unknown said...

Great haul! To All the Boys I Loved has been going around lately and I'm dying to read it! What I Thought Was True also looks like a great book! I love Huntley Fitzpatrick's My Life Next Door, so definitely checking that one out too. ;)

Cindy @ In This World of Books..

Keertana said...

Rachel, All You Need is Love looks so sweet, so I'm looking forward to seeing what you think of it!

Jasprit, I absolutely LOVED Fitzpatrick's new novel, so I hope you do too, and though I had a few mixed feelings concerning the ending of Dreams of Gods & Monsters, I still absolutely adored it, as well as Laini's writing.

Wonderful haul, ladies! :)

Shooting Stars Mag said...

I liked Sharp Objects...Dark Places is probably my current Gillian Flynn novel though, as I still need to read Gone Girl. It's on my to-read-soon list though...I bought it the week it came out, but other books just get in the way. sigh. ahha

Jeann @ Happy Indulgence said...

Great haul Jasprit, I hope you enjoy Dreams of Gods & Monsters, I know lots of people did! I haven't read anything by Gillian Flynn yet but I'm looking forward to Sharp Objects. hope you enjoy your haul this week!

Jeann @ Happy Indulgence

Pooja. S said...

Oo Gillian Flynn. Reminds me that the Gone Girl movie is so cloose :D I want to check out the Fitzpatrick book, I really liked Huntley's debut :)

Richa said...

I can't wait to read What I Thought Was True! Hopefully soon :)
And Red at Night is good, though a tad bit too short for me to get into. Hope you guys enjoy all your books!

My haul

Jules said...

I've not read What I Thought Was True, yet. But I'll get there. We're quite different Jasprit. I've been reluctant to read Han's other books since the Summer Series. But people seem go love her so i'll try it. :)

Jules @ Jules Bookshelf

Carina Olsen said...

Ack, such gorgeous books. <3 I haven't read any of them.. but I think they look and sounds amazing :) Really hope you will both enjoy everything. <3 Happy reading sweeties :)

Melanie said...

Jasprit: Very jealous of that copy of To All The Boys I've Loved Before and What I Thought Was True!
Rachel: Red At Night looks great, I'll probably go get it off Amazon as well.

Happy reading, ladies! <33

Tanja - Tanychy said...

Jasprit you've got some really amazing books this week. I cannot wait to see what you think of new Jenny Han book! :) I really hope it'll be better than What I Though was True. Rachel now I need to read Speak No Evil as it sounds really good.
Great haul, ladies!! :))

Melliane said...

oh that's a lor of new books here! I hope you'll like them all. happy reading!

Leanna Elle said...

So many great books this week! I have the new Jenny Han ordered but it hasn't arrived yet. Argh! Can't wait to read it!

brandileigh2003 said...

I enjoyed to all the boys and red at night and hope that you do too

The Cover Contessa said...

I really want to read To All The Boys I've Loved Before. It looks so good and I've been hearing good things about it. LOVED Red at Night. I'm a huge McGarry fan. I cannot wait for her next books in the PTL series! Enjoy! My STS

Unknown said...

Yay Rachel! I hope you enjoy All You Need is Love!
Out of Control looks so good, Jasprit. That one may need to be my first Alderson read.
I hope you enjoy all your books, ladies!

Sam (Realm of Fiction) said...

I really looking forward to reading Red At Night. I just downloaded a copy (it's finally available in the UK! hurrah!) and can't wait to get started. And I wasn't too sure about To All the Boys I've Loved Before, but the reviews have been pretty good so far, so I think I might give it a try eventually. Enjoy all your new books, ladies! :)

Henrietta @ Leisure Reads said...

Thanks for sharing what you got, Jas! It's wonderful to see you've received more Sarah Alderson. :)

Rachel, you have to let us know what you think of Speak No Evil. And I like the cover of All You Need Is Love.

Enjoy a lovely week, ladies. :)

Unknown said...

Let's Get Lost looks SUPER good! I can't wait to see how you like it :) I completely agree, April has had amazing releases. Love the haul!

Steph said...

Great books! Happy Reading!

Glass said...

Your haul looks amazing and I am so jealous. :))

Happy reading!

Joy said...

So many wonderful books, ladies. I'm curious about that Gillian Flynn book. I also want to read Sarah Alderson's contemporary, Come Back to Me. Looking forward to reading your reviews. :)

Unknown said...

I recently read Sharp Objects and it's a super intense read. Really enjoyed it though! I STILL have to read Pushing the Limits. I let someone borrow it and I haven't seen it since. Boo hoo. Hopefully I learn my lesson. lol

Mel@Thedailyprophecy said...

To all the boys.. has been getting some great buzz lately. I hope you enjoy it too :D

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...