Sunday 25 January 2015

Showcase Sunday #65



Showcase Sunday is a weekly meme hosted by Vicky at Books, Biscuits and Tea. The aim is to showcase our newest books or book related swag and to see what everyone else received for review, borrowed from libraries, bought in bookshops and downloaded onto eReaders this week.  



Hi all, it's been a while since we shared a book haul post with you, but seriously in that time we received some gems that make me want to throw away my schedule right away and get stuck in with them. 



 (Click on titles for Goodreads link)

    

  
  


Thank you to Simon Pulse, Poppy, St. Martin's Griffin and Random House

See what I mean? Where do I even get started? I was planning on reading Please Remain Calm on release day, but as usual life got in the way, but I'm hoping to finally get some time with it this weekend. And the rest of the books have been super high on my wish list, I've loved Echols Superlatives series, so I'm looking forward to Most Likely to Succeed. I'm super excited about going into Seraphina's world once more in Shadow Scale, I remember Seraphina was one of the first books I actually got when I first started blogging! Summers and Ockler have quickly become some of my favourite authors, so I know I will be devouring The Summer of Chasing Mermaids and All the Rage soon. And Spalding has really surprised me with her previous books and this one sounds super cute. Sarah Maas' A Court of Thorns and Roses needs no introductions, the early reviews I've read have been pretty amazing, so I know I have an excellent read of me here.


Rachel's Haul:

Hi everyone! I've been a little slow about getting around to everyone because I'm on vacation at the beach:

Me getting a close look at tide pools

A gorgeous sunset!


 I'm having a great time and I finished Burned by Karen Marie Moning last night!! I LOVED it and my review will be coming this week.

(Click on cover for Goodreads link)

Burned (Fever, #7) Once Upon a Rose (La Vie en Roses, #1) And I Love Her (Green Mountain, #4) Crash & Burn (Tessa Leoni, #3)

I bought both the e-Copy and audio version of Burned and I loved going back and forth with both versions. I think I'm going to start the audio version again and listen to it on my commute next week.  As you all know, I'm a huge fan of Laura Florand so I was over the moon to get Once Upon a Rose! I'm told it's more of a cozy and cuddly read with less angst than her prior stories and I can't wait! The Green Mountain series by Marie Force is one of my favorite small town romance series so I'm looking forward to the latest installment. Megan has been kind of a witch in the last books, so it will be interesting to see if I like her in And I Love Her. Lisa Gardner's mysteries are light on romance, and don't always end happily in that department, but they're well-plotted and always keep me guessing!


Which books did you receive and are most excited about? Leave us a link in the comments below.

14 comments:

Jillyn said...

I got All the Rage this week too. Enjoy it. Happy reading! My STS

Rachel said...

ACOTAR was AMAZING. Literally amazing. Enjoy :D I'm curious about those other books, can't wait to read your thoughts.

Oh I love looking at tide pools!!

Rachel @ A Perfection Called Books

Anonymous said...

I'm excited to see what you think of ACOTAR, Jasprit! I really enjoyed it although I did want more from the plot itself. But the romance is so good!!
Yay for Summer! I can't wait to read that one! We should do a buddy read for that because we haven't done one in a while. :)

Lucky you, Rachel! You sound like you're having an amazing time at the beach. :) I hope you enjoy all of your books! I've been seeing Burned a lot.

Happy reading!

tthepageturner said...

Ahh, Rachel, I'm so jealous! Hope you're having an amazing time. :D

Jasprit: Can't wait to see what you think of Shadow Scale!

Joy said...

Oh I know how much you've longed for A Court of Thorn and Roses, Jas, so I really hope it lives up to all your expectations. Happy reading!

Looking forward to reading your thoughts on the latest La Vie en Rose, Rachel! Enjoy your vacation. :)

Unknown said...

Some great books you got! I am dying for the release of Shadow Scale, it's one of my most anticipated books of 2015. Happy reading :)

Unknown said...

Rachel, those are beautiful pictures! Thank you for sharing - I wish I was there! :)
I hope you all have a fantastic reading week. I got Chasing Mermaids too and I'm just so excited. I love the Little Mermaid!

brandileigh2003 said...

Please remain calm sounds like it will be a great read. Hope that you enjoy and have a great upcoming week.

Carina Olsen said...

Eeek! So many amazing books. <3 ACOTAR! I want it so badly. Sigh. And I loved Please Remain Calm + All the Rage :D So good. <3 I hope you enjoy everything :) And yay for Rachel at the beach. <3 Looks so pretty :) Happy reading girls. <3

Keertana said...

Jasprit, I'm so curious to see what you make of Maas's upcoming novel and I really hope you LOVE Summer of Chasing Mermaids because I am OBSESSED with it. I also adored Please Remain Calm, despite the agonizing experience of reading it, and Shadow Scale was lovely. I can't wait to read Kissing Ted Callahan though--soon! ;)

Rachel, I seriously can't wait till you read Once Upon a Rose because I loooved it and it's seriously just too cute! I also am curious to hear your thoughts on Burned since I know a lot of readers have been upset with the direction the series is taking. Your beach vacation looks AMAZING though! I'm cooped up in my dorm room looking at rising piles of snow so a beach sounds like heaven to me right now!

Wonderful haul, ladies, and I can't wait to see what you make of these titles! :)

Shooting Stars Mag said...

Jasprit- I really want to read Please Remain Calm and All the Rage.

Rachel: Ooh, lovely photos! Hope you're enjoying your vacation and reading some awesome books.

The Readdicts said...

That mask with Sarah J Mass' book is so damn pretty! And all your books look fabulous. I hope they're as fantastic as they seem to be once you read them. Lovely post, ladies, and happy reading!

P.S: Hope you're enjoying your vacation, Rachel!

Sarika @ The Readdicts

Christina Reads YA said...

Oooh, Jasprit. Congrats on the ACOTAR ARC :D. I just read the first four chapter sample excerpt and I am so excited! What a pretty mask too, to go with the book. I'm curious about how the masks fit within the fae world.

I remember the Superlatives series and your love of the books so I got really excited for you to have gotten that book :). Me too on Seraphina & one of the first books from when we started blogging. I need to read a recap of what happened in Seraphina... because I just downloaded Shadow Scale from Netgalley and am so looking forward to reading it :D. And good luck with the Summers and Ockler books! I know a bunch of bloggers really excited about that series & the mermaid book :).

Rachel, that picture of the tide pools is SO PRETTY. I hope you're enjoying your vacation :). AND OMG SO EXCITED TO HAVE FOUND SOMEONE ELSE WHO LOVED BURNED. I feel like I've been seeing so many NEGATIVE reviews about KMM's book but I stayed up all night on the 20th just to finish it and thought it was great and can't wait for more.... so.... let's discuss :P. I've heard the audio is really good too. Favorite part of Burned? I think mine is finding out more about the Nine!

Heidi@Rainy Day Ramblings said...

Ahh It looks like you had a fantastic time at the beach, Rachel. I enjoyed Burned, but not as much as Iced. Too many loose ends for me. Still it was a great listen. Jasprit! You got the new Sarah J Maas book, so jealous! I hope it's fantastic.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...