Last Tuesday I had the privilege of meeting Tammara Webber and Abbi Glines at the Barnes & Noble in Glendale, California. I had a great time! I had met Abbi Glines before, and she's quite nice and lively, but I'd never met Tammara Webber. I LOVED Easy so I was thrilled to meet Tammara in person. I'll share some fun tidbits I learned, but don't forget to scroll down to the bottom because I have a SIGNED copy of Easy & Breakable by Tammara Webber and Fallen Too Far, Never Too Far, and Rush Too Far by Abbi Glines to giveaway!
|Tammara Webber & Abbi Glines|
- Both Tammara and Abbi have self-published and have traditionally published, and because of this they seem to get a little more consideration because the big publishing houses know they can go it on there own if they're not happy.
- Tammara may write stories centering on side characters from Easy. She doesn't have any deals yet, but she has some ideas. If that happens we'll probably get glimpses of Jacqueline and Lucas in the future. Yay!!
- Tammara doesn't outline when writing and Abbi does it with every book. Abbi didn't outline her first book Breathe, and she's never been completely happy with the way it turned out.
- It takes Tammara roughly four to five months to write a book and it takes Abbi SEVEN days! She doesn't do anything else beside write straight through. Wow!
- Abbi hasn't made any film deals, but she's had offers. Once you've sold your rights they have control for sometime and may not even make a film, so your book could be held up for years. She's holding out for a TV series deal because she feels her books/series have more going on than you could squeeze into a movie and she feels that format would is better suited for her stories.
- Tammara's son, Zachary Webber narrates Breakable as well as a few other books like Maybe Someday by Colleen Hoover and Red Hill by Jaime McGuire (total recommend!). Tammara listened to the audio version of Breakable with him while on a road trip, and said it was an emotional experience in parts.
- Abbi plans on closing out the Sea Breeze series, but doesn't see an end yet with Rosemary Beach.
- Abbi might write another Vincent Boys book, a prequel in all three POVs, Bo, Ashton and Sawyer.
- Nan may have a something set up in (slowly) One More Chance. Hmm...haven't read this series yet, but Nan's infamous (bitchy) reputation precedes her.
- Tammara never planned on writing Lucas's POV. She never heard his voice when she wrote Easy until about a year after Easy was published. Bits of him starting coming through to her, and it was because of Landon's story she ultimately decided to go forward.
This was the first time I attended an event at the Glendale Barnes & Noble. The store is huge (three stories) and quite nice. The YA section alone was several aisles. Four or five? Forgot to count, but here are a couple of pictures:
|Glendale, CA Barnes & Noble|
|One of the VERY long YA aisles|
Now for the good part. I had my books signed, but I want to share the love so I have two amazing giveaways here. One for a Signed Copy of Easy and Breakable by Tammara Webber, and another for a Signed Copy of Fallen Too Far, Never Too Far, and Rush Too Far by Abbi Glines. This giveaway is restricted to US Residents Only, and entrants must be 18 years or older. Good luck!
a Rafflecopter giveaway