Thursday 5 January 2017

Reviews: Sweet Filthy Boy and Sweet Filthy Morning After by Christina Lauren

Sweet Filthy Boy (Wild Seasons #1) by Christina Lauren
Publisher: Simon & Schuster Audio
Publication Date: May 13th 2014. 
My rating: 4.5 stars. 


One-night stands are supposed to be with someone convenient, or wickedly persuasive, or regrettable. They aren’t supposed to be with someone like him. But after a crazy Vegas weekend celebrating her college graduation—and terrified of the future path she knows is a cop-out—Mia Holland makes the wildest decision of her life: follow Ansel Guillaume—her sweet, filthy fling—to France for the summer and just…play. When feelings begin to develop behind the provocative roles they take on, and their temporary masquerade adventures begin to feel real, Mia will have to decide if she belongs in the life she left because it was all wrong, or in the strange new one that seems worlds away.

I’d tried Lauren’s Beautiful Bastard series just a few weeks before and I hadn’t been as successful with it as I was hoping to (I actually made it to book 2.5, before calling it quits, maybe I’ll come back to it one day). Alas I decided to give Lauren’s Wild Seasons series a go, and seriously the audiobook was probably one of the best decisions I’d made, as the narrator Shayna Thibodeaux had me hooked from the very beginning. She did Ansel’s French accent perfectly, that I was swooning throughout. Typically I’m really fussy with a woman doing the voice for a guy, but Shayna nailed it! 

Also the situation that Ansel and Mia found themselves in was really awkward; they’d only met a few hours before and had woken up the next day married and could only remember bits of the best sex they’d had the night before. But Lauren really made their relationship work for me and make it appear so realistic. I could understand the connection that they had and why they didn’t want to get their marriage annulled. I’m glad that despite not knowing one another, they decided to take a chance with their relationship. 

Having visited Paris just last year I adored the days that we were given with Mia exploring her new life out there, it made the traveller in me want to go back and visit as soon as possible. This alongside Mia and Ansel slowly learning to adjust to one another in their lives made Sweet Filthy Boy an addictive read. I was eager for more Mia and Ansel time, their chemistry was off the charts, but I was also scared for what could be around the corner for them. I could see that they were perfect for each other, but how could they make it work? So you could say that little bombshell at the end was a complete shocker to me, it sort of left me reeling. 

All in all Sweet Filthy Boy was a truly wonderful read, I honestly can’t wait for more from these two in the rest of the series, as by the end of this book, I was totally in love with Ansel! Readers you do not want to miss out on this gem of a book!


Sweet Filthy Morning After (Wild Seasons #1.5) by Christina Lauren
Publisher: Simon & Schuster Audio
Publication Date: October 14th 2014. 
My rating: 5 stars.  


This audio exclusive short tells of events from Sweet Filthy Boy from a new perspective.

This 30 minute audiobook really wasn’t enough, after finishing Sweet Filthy Boy I knew I would devour anything Ansel-related, so this book from his perspective was perfect! I already knew that Ansel was a person that wore his heart on his sleeve and this short book went onto show that even more. I loved getting into his head and learning his exact feelings about Mia and the situation they found themselves in. His fascination and concern for her was always apparent, but actually getting it from his own perspective made me love Ansel that much more. Also Jason Carpenter’s French accent was on point! This 30 minute audiobook made me want to buy all the books that he narrated immediately! And just to move to France so I could be around this sexy accent all the time. Sweet Filthy Morning After is a super short book, but definitely worth it. Fans of Ansel, I highly recommend giving this book a go.




7 comments:

Heidi@Rainy Day Ramblings said...

I love the Paris setting, but you have me hesitating with the shocking reveal.

Joy said...

I so love Ansel! I need to read the novella.

Glad you enjoyed both, Jas!

Beena said...

I love the title, I haven't heard about this novel but it sounds like a good read :) great review! Benish @ Beenazai

Bonnie said...

I haven't read anything by this author duo but I actually thought this was a spin-off from her Beautiful Bastard series! Good to know it's not. I might have to check my library to see if they have the audio now, you've convinced me. :)

Alyssa said...

That's a lot of book love! I have to be honest - I had no idea this was a separate series from the Beautiful Bastard series. The covers are so similar, I thought the authors just kept going but with different titles. :D That's great that you liked these even though the Beautiful Bastard series didn't work out for you!

Wonderful reviews, Jasprit. =)

Alyssa @ The Eater of Books!

Keertana said...

I never thought this set-up would work so I'm really curious to give it a try since you said the author really made it work for you. I'm a sucker for a good romance so I'll definitely be adding this to my TBR. Wonderful review, Jasprit!

Carina Olsen said...

Lovely reviews Jasprit :D Yay for enjoying them both so much. <3 I seem to remember that maybe these authors wrote fanfiction for Twilight once, years ago? I think I read parts of that, lol. But been ages. Curious about these books :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...