Sunday 29 January 2017

The Readers Den Weekly Wrap Up!

Hi everyone, with Rachel and I's crazy work schedules, we miss sharing whats going on with us. We used to have a lot of fun with our Showcase Sunday posts, so thought we'd do something regular on the blog, where we share bookish news and life news in general as a weekly recap!

WHAT I READ/REVIEWED


Jasprit 
(Click on Book for Goodreads link).


 



Okay so I didn't have the most consistent of reading weeks, Traitor to the Throne was a five star read for me, look out for my review tomorrow on the blog, I didn't enjoy Dirty Rowdy Thing as much as it's predecessor Sweet Filthy Boy, but Sebastian York was a delight as always! And what the heck was up with The Last Star, this series just went downhill for me as the series progressed and that ending what was up with that?


Just one review on the blog from me this week, although it wasn't West's most strongest read in my eyes, it was still enjoyable overall. 


Rachel:


Three of the four books I read last week were great for me. Loved Right Behind You, The Bird and the Sword, and A Crown of Bitter Orange. A Promise of Fire was a DNF about half way through I couldn't take Cat anymore. To me she came off as snotty, petulant, and behaved like a 5yr old. It could've been partly due to the audio narration she came off like that, but I was really starting to hate her so I quit. I also spent time skimming through the previous books of the Quincy and Rainie series to refresh my mind before I read Right Behind You, but I won't list all those books!



BOOKS RECEIVED 

Jasprit 

You can see more of my bookish photos on my Instagram here 

(Click on Book for Goodreads link).

  
  

I finally went on a book spree this week, it's been so long since I had so I thought I deserved a treat! All of the above books I'd been highly anticipating and I also pre-ordered Alex Approximately by Jenn Bennett. It also feels like so long since I last read a book by Julie James, so can't wait to get stuck in. Also how amazing does Seven Days of You sound?


Rachel:

Arlene from WinterHaven Books went to the ALA in Atlanta last week and sent me a box of lovely books! Thank you, Arlene! I'm most excited about these gems:


Seven Minutes in Heaven by Eloisa James | Till Death by Jennifer L. Armentrout | Because You're Mine by Colleen Coble | Any Day Now by Robyn Carr | Always by Sarah Jio



NEW TO MY TBR

Jasprit 
(Click on Book for Goodreads link).


 

I am always happy for more books from Jojo Moyes and so these short stories sound perfect. I haven't read a book by Sarina Bowen before, but this book was all over my feed this last week, I blame you again for this Nick! ;)


Rachel:



Till Death by Jennifer L. Armentrout. I actually added it to my TBR, after reading a rave review, the day before Arlene sent me a copy.  Where I Belong by Claudia Connor, and Trust Me by Laura Florand. The Comfort Zone by Sally Thorne, after reading and loving The Hating Game I can't wait for this one! No cover yet, though.


WHAT WE'RE WATCHING

Jasprit 


How to Get Away with Murder is finally back! I haven't been able to catch up with this week's episode yet, but I can't wait! I'm also planning to catch up with Scandal, with that though I'm about half a season behind :(


Rachel:



Just added this to my Amazon Watch List. Hope its good! Has anyone else watched this series?

EVENTS OF THE WEEK

Jasprit:
Well I started my week brilliantly, I hit the circuits class and although it was so hard, I liked that I made it through, but the end of the week then consisted of Pizza and chilli heat wave Doritos I just have to find that balance. I also want to try and make the time to go to the gym at least twice, but it's super hard to fit it in around work :(


Rachel:



This has been my last week. I've been sick, taking cold meds and drinking vitamin C tea!  Pretty boring right?  Well, at least I got a bunch of reading done. 


How was your week?

5 comments:

Ksenia said...

Jasprit, I still need to read Rebel of the Sands, glad to hear you loved the second book. I’m a fan of Sarina Bowen, I hope you would became one too.

Rachel, are you feeling better now? I hope you do. It’s good we have our books to make us less miserable when we sick. I definitely need to read The Bird and the Sword soon. I’m sorry to hear A Promise of Fire didn’t work for you. I’m waiting when all books in this series would be released before picking it up.

Lekeisha said...

Ahh, I love How to Get Away with Murder and Scandal. I read A Promise of Fire last weekend and had a few problems with it. I liked the sequel better. Hope you ladies are doing great!!

Keertana said...

Jasprit, I am so excited for your review of Traitor to the Throne!! Yay for 5 Stars!!! I'm also curious to see what you make of James' newest because I didn't love it, but I hope you do! And, ohmygosh, Scandal and HTGAWM were thrilling as always! WATCH THEM!!

Rachel, I am so glad you read and loved The Bird and the Sword and also A Crown of Bitter Orange! I liked A Promise of Fire but the sequel was NOT good, IMO, so I don't think you're missing out on much by skipping that series. I am excited to see what you make of Thorne's latest, not to mention Florand's newest one too!

Wonderful post, ladies, I hope your upcoming week is marvelous!

Carina Olsen said...

Aw, sounds like you both had a pretty good week :) All the hugs. <3 Yay for reading so much :D Eee, I cannot wait to read Traitor to the Throne. <3 So glad you loved it :) Hope you guys will have an awesome upcoming week too. <3

Shooting Stars Mag said...

Looks like you both got some really great books! Nice! There are so many books I'd love to buy right now but I don't want to spend too much money. Plus, I really need to read more of what I own. haha

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...