Wednesday 24 September 2014

Cover Fever #12: The Diviners by Libba Bray

 


Rachel and I share another Cover Fever post with you today. Today we look at a book we both loved The Diviners by Libba Bray, (we both wish that April would get here sooner, so that we could read Lair of Dreams!). Rachel and I will weigh in with our choice, but we'd love to hear your opinion, too!  Let us know what you think in the comments below





         US Hardcover                            UK Paperback (2013)




US Paperback                                   Australian Cover





Rachel: 
As usual the US Cover is my least favorite of the bunch, but surprisingly the Australian cover doesn't really knock my socks of either.  Usually I'm drooling over Aussie covers! I absolutely LOVE the UK Paperback cover because it completely fits the story. A mystery set in the the roaring '20's this cover has a beautiful Art Deco look synonymous with that time period along with a flapper girl, front and center!

Rachel's Verdict:
Hands down, UK Paperback.

Jasprit: 
This book has undergone so many different cover changes in the last two years, I honestly can't keep up. When I got a copy of this book I actually received the UK hardback edition which you can view here and it is a pretty stunning cover, depicting the story really well. Bu then when I saw the 2013 UK paperback edition I fell in love, the design is gorgeous, I love the colours that they've gone with. If I had the choice now I would definitely go with this cover now. The Australian cover is pretty neat too, it gives off a great air of mystery and the vibe that there's something dark and dangerous about the book. Although the US hardcover is pretty neat, I think it fails in comparison to the UK paperback and Australian edition. I have no idea what they were thinking with the US paperback, I know they were trying to capture the 1920's vibe, but I'm not feeling the people they've used on the cover or the style they've gone with at all.  

Jasprit's Final Verdict:
UK Paperback for sure!

Which of these covers would you like to have on your shelves?

15 comments:

A Darker Shade of Rosie said...

There's just something about the US Hardcover that I looooove! I don't know if it's the eye, or the breath-taking starry/city background, but it's definitely my favorite! The UK Paperback would be my second choice. It is really eye-catching with the hard angles and the pretty blues and purples :D ~RosieReads

Carina Olsen said...

Yay :D Awesome pick you guys. <3 Thank you for sharing about all these gorgeous covers :D I do own them all, except for Australia version :) And I loved this book. Sigh. Though. I think my favorite is the US hardcover :) Just because the hardcover is so big and awesome looking, lol. But sigh. The sequel :( I think the triangle shit will be a big focus in it. And I can't stand that. Not at all. Hoping I'm wrong, though :)

Joy said...

Hmmm... I think I like the Australian cover better. Then again, I'm a fan of black and white covers, so no surprises there. :)

Jenny said...

Oooo yes, I'm going with the UK paperback as well, followed by the US paperback. I'm not a huge fan of the original US cover, it's just....unremarkable? It doesn't make me want to pick it up the way the UK cover does:):)

Unknown said...

I don't love any of the covers, but think I like the US and Austrailian covers the most (sorry, Rachel!) I do agree with you both, that the UK paperback does seem to reflect the story,
Great post!

Lea (YA Book Queen) said...

That UK paperback is stunning! I wish they would have gone with it for the US covers too.

Anonymous said...

I'm with you guys! I love the UK paperback cover. I love the blue so much. I don't mind the US Hardcover either though.
I don't like the Australian or the US paperback covers. They make no sense to me!

Shane @ItchingforBooks said...

I agree. The UK cover is off the hook. Love the colors and overall artwork. Thanks for sharing :)

Unknown said...

I think the Australian cover is intriguing but the UK Paperback is definitely the best of the bunch!

Keertana said...

I actually love the simplicity of the Australian cover best, but the UK paperback is a close second. The US paperback is a sheer disappointment--I almost don't want to read the sequel because its cover is so...*shudders* I just don't want it on my shelves. :P Love this feature, ladies, and this novel so great post, dears! :)

Mary @ BookSwarm said...

I'm not the biggest fan of any of them but, out of all of them, I like the UK paperback the best. They're all SO different!

Shooting Stars Mag said...

I kind of like the US paperback; it would make me stop and check it out. I do really like the UK paperback too though.

Aimee (Aimee, Always) said...

I actually really love the US hardcover. It's simple, and the eye is really interesting, and I kind of love the shapes and the title font. The UK paperback's definitely elegant, but I'm not a fan of the colors (the brightness in the background is a bit bothersome, and the purple font's just not right) or the overdone designs on the sides. >_< Sorry, girls! The US paperback... just no. The Aussie cover looks horrible. I hate the image, I hate the black background and I hate the fonts. I think they were trying for a simpler look, but it didn't work out.

So I guess it's the US hardcover for me! :)

Jae said...

US hardcover! I don't know, I think it's the eye. It's creeping me out but drawing me in at the same time. I sort of wish the title didn't look so stretched out though. I do love the UK paperback, the cover phrase really fits well with it. The whole geometric look with the blue is stunning.

Unknown said...

Haha yep, UK paperback for sure. I haven't started this series yet, am waiting for the next book due to a possible love triangle, but I know it's much-loved. Thanks for sharing, ladies!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...