Sunday 14 September 2014

Showcase Sunday #58



Showcase Sunday is a weekly meme hosted by Vicky at Books, Biscuits and Tea. The aim is to showcase our newest books or book related swag and to see what everyone else received for review, borrowed from libraries, bought in bookshops and downloaded onto eReaders this week.  


Hey all. I hope you had a great couple of weeks. I'm finally back from London and my cousin's wedding. I was there for two weeks and things were pretty hectic, but now that I'm back home I'm feeling all down, especially now that my cousin's have gone back to Canada too. But  I'm looking forward to getting back to reading and commenting on blogs. Here's some of the books I have to look forward to!

(Click on title for Goodreads link)

  
  
  

The Chapel Wars and Chaos had been my highly anticipated reads for sometime now, so I was thrilled to finally get copies of both of these books. I hope that Chaos doesn't totally leave me all over the place like Fractured did. And I've been reading so many praising reviews for Famous in Love and Rites of Passage, so I'm hoping that I end up loving both as well. Over to Rachel and her haul,


Rachel's Haul:
(Click on title for Goodreads link)
Into the Darkest Corner Loving Him Off the Field (The Santa Fe Bobcats, #2) Until You Find Me: A Novel Naked in Death (In Death, #1) Mean Streak Red Blooded (Jessica McClain, #4) Magic Breaks (Kate Daniels, #7) I Saw Her Standing There (Green Mountain, #3)
  Web of Lies (Elemental Assassin, #2) Venom (Elemental Assassin, #3) The Care and Feeding of Stray Vampires (Half Moon Hollow, #1) The Spirit Thief (The Legend of Eli Monpress, #1)
Some Girls Bite (Chicagoland Vampires, #1)  Storm's Heart (Elder Races, #2)

Well it's been a while since the last time we did a Showcase Sunday and therefore I have a TON of books!! I've left some out just to spare you a bit. But anyhow, I got a lot for review and sort of went a little crazy with an Audible Sale which is going on until September 18th.  The last six book are from the Audible sale at $4.95 a piece. I may pop over again and get some more.  Somebody really needs to reign me in!!  I'm currently reading and listening to Naked in Death and loving it!! Livvy @ The Absent Historian recommended it some time ago and I'm finally just now getting to it.  I got the e-Copy and audio version to switch back and forth. Keertana @ Ivy Book Bindings turned me onto Into the Darkest Corner.  It sounds riveting and chilling and I can't wait!

What did you get in your haul? Link us up and either Jasprit or I will come and check it out!

15 comments:

Faye M. said...

Yup, a lot of awesome books over there, my good friend ;) You've been buying a lot of good ones :D I'm looking forward to what you think of Rites of Passage. Reading that one right no w and it is indeed powerful!

Faye at The Social Potato

Emma said...

Hope you had a lovely time at your cousin's wedding Jasprit! :) You have some awesome books and Rites of Passage is on my list to read next! It seems like its going down pretty well with the reviews. Rachel, some fantastic reads here. I myself haven't read many but Thea Harrison, JD Robb and Elizabeth Haynes I've heard so much about them. Lovely haul ladies, hope you enjoy! :D

Siiri said...

Eeeep!!!! YOU GOT CHAOS ;) I hope you get to read it soon and yayyyy for Rites of Passage! Nick and everyone else loved it so incredibly much and I hope you do as well :) Glad to have you back, love! Oooh! Rachel, yours is filled with so many UF books. I'm glad :) AND YESS TO ELEMENTAL ASSASSIN BOOKS!!! Gin Blanco x Owen Grayson ahhh. GIMME OKAY. These audios are so good and I love them so so so incredibly much. I hope you enjoy them too :) Enjoy your books, lovelies! x

Unknown said...

Oh, I need to check out that Audible sale! So many lovely looking books, ladies. Everyone seems to be enjoying Rites of Passage. And Rachel, I still need to try Molly Harper.
Enjoy!

Keertana said...

Jasprit, I absolutely loved Rites of Passage and am so anxious for Chaos, what with that cliffhanger ending of Fractured. I'm really hoping you LOVE this conclusion and Chapel Wars looks incredibly cute.

Rachel, I am so thrilled you picked up Into the Darkest Corner--yay! :D I loved it and I have a feeling you're going to thoroughly enjoy it as well. I'm also very curious to see what you think of Magic Breaks, Some Girls Bite, and Red Blooded--the latter two are on my TBR and I had mixed feelings, though mostly positive, concerning Magic Breaks and would love to compare notes.

Happy reading, ladies, and wonderful haul!(:

Amber Elise said...

Oh wow an audible sale? Thank God I'm broke, because I would have gone absolutely crazy buying up books over there! Haha. I haven't listened to some Girls Bite, I can't wait to see how you like it. I completely adore the books (but I have a Chicago bias).

Have a good week!

Amber Elise @ Du Livre

brandileigh2003 said...

Some Girls Bite sounds good, hope that you enjoy and have a good week.

Jae said...

I am seeing Rites of Passage everywhere it seems! It's on my tbr but I've only heard great things so I hope you enjoy it Jasprit! Also I am loving the cover of Chaos, I'll have to check it out :D

I'm pretty sure I've expressed my love of Roarke to you already Rachel. But yeah, he's awesome. As it Eve. The whole futuristic setting of the In Death series is so fascinating to me and I can never seem to guess who the villain is! Wonder if you'll have better detective skills ;)

Great book haul ladies! Hope you enjoy them all!

Cora - Tea Party Princess said...

Great hauls!
I keep seeing Famous In Love and now I really want to read it.
Cora @ Tea Party Princess

Shooting Stars Mag said...

Jasprit: I really want to read Sarah Fine's series!! Hope you like the latest.

Rachel: Oh, Molly Harper. I need to read more by her.

Carina Olsen said...

I haven't read any of these books, but they all look awesome :D I hope you both love them all. <3 Happy reading :) And thank you for sharing. <3 I hope you will both have the most awesome week. <3

Rashika said...

I hope you ADORE, Rites of Passage, Jasprit! I read it 2 weeks ago and adored it to bits and pieces. It was a beautiful book and gahhh so many feels. And I will be here to hand out the free hugs. Also CHAOS. I have to see how it goes for you... I NEED to know! I am seriously hoping you will be reviewing it just so someone can let me know how bad it gets. MALACHI <3333

Also, holy crap Rachel! Your haul is HUGE. I grabbed Red Blooded from NG a while ago but have yet to read it (or Cold Blooded... EEK). Also I definitely need to go check out this audible sale (not that I can afford a lot of books at the moment.. LOL).

Have a great week, ladies!!!

Rashika @ The Social Potato

The Readdicts said...

Oh what a great haul ladies! I'm really looking forward to Rites of Passage and Famous in Love. I also really want to start the J.D.Robb books so really glad you are enjoying them. :)

Janhvi @ The Readdicts

Unknown said...

I've been one of the few that have yet to read Sarah Fine's series... Chaos is the last one though (I believe) so I believe a binge read is in order. :)
Magic Breaks! And the Chicagoland Vampires series!! And oooh Rachel Aaron's series. I just got that (in physical book form though) and can't wait to find time for that. SO many awesome books!! Happy Reading you two!

Unknown said...

Great haul, ladies!
I love The Chapel Wars SO much. A quirky, fun story with a really swoony boy. Hope you enjoy it too! I haven't read Fractured yet, but I plan to re-read book 1 and binge the series when Chaos comes out. Fingers crossed we won't be in a pool of tears at the end!
Rachel, I hope you like Red Blooded and Storm's Siren! I am a fan of both of those series, but wouldn't call either of those books favorites of mine. Liked, but didn't love. :/

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...