Friday 22 November 2013

A Kid's Perspective: Judging a Book By Its Cover #6

A Kid's Perspective: Judging a Book By Its Cover is a feature hosted by Sara @ Forever 17 Books where Sara gets her six year old son Shawn's perspective on a few Young Adult covers.

Hello everyone, my sister is finally back with another interpretation of a YA book cover. My sister hadn't done one of these posts since September, (this was largely due to the Disney channel), but according to my sister because nothing caught her eye on my shelf. But I've been on a bit of a book splurge as of late, so hopefully my sister will have more frequent posts for you guys. So without further ado, the book my sister picked out was...




I think The Madman's Daughter is about a mad scientist, who has a daughter. His daughter is normal until one day she realises that she has these strange habits. It's from here that she realises she's mad like her father. But she's only half mad and half normal. Her strange habits is to do with hearts and in the story she's always trying to control her madness.

I actually started this book the other day and really like the interpretation my sister has come up with. Her obsession with hearts I think does a great job of getting the sinister vibe that the book is trying to convey. 


11 comments:

Maja (The Nocturnal Library) said...

Is it just me or is she getting better with each new cover? I read this a while ago, but I remember it well, and her interpretation is very close!
As usual, I love this idea. Thanks for sharing!

Melanie said...

I agree with Maja, a pretty close interpretation! I love the drawing. :)

Thanks for sharing, Jasprit! <33

Keertana said...

Ooh, I haven't seen this cover for this book, but I really like it and I definitely agree with Maja that your sister seems to be getting better and better each time! Wonderful post, Jasprit!

Mary @ BookSwarm said...

You're going to turn your sister into either a blurb writer or cover artist! She's got those interpretations down!

Shirley said...

Whoaaa her interpretation sounds spot on! I haven't read this book, but from memory it should be quite close? Hehehe this is such a fun meme <3

Melissa (i swim for oceans) said...

That's a pretty stellar interpretation there! Well done! I really loved this book, and i sure hope you do, too! :)

Heidi@Rainy Day Ramblings said...

Great interpretation! I am impressed. I haven't seen that version of the cover before! Happy weekend!

Shooting Stars Mag said...

Ooh your sister did a good job with this one! Well done. And I really like her interpretation too. I'd read a book with that premise!

Unknown said...

Your sister is a lovely artist and very perceptive! Thank you so much for sharing, Jasprit.

Glass said...

I used to do that with all my favorite books when I was kid. :) It's nice to see that I'm not the only one. Great idea.

Chantelle said...

This is adorable! And actually quite enlightening, her interpretation cut straight through the fancy talk. This sort of reminds me of this artist who would draw the head and let her daughter draw the body of characters. The pictures are actually surprisingly awesome haha http://busymockingbird.com/2013/08/27/collaborating-with-a-4-year-old/

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...