Tuesday 19 November 2013

Cover Fever #3


Hello readers.  Jasprit and I are back for another edition of Cover Fever. Below is a book that I haven't read yet, Born Wicked by Jessica Spotswood, but I've always drooled over the US Cover. The book was brought back to my attention with Siiri over at Little Pieces of Imagination reviewed it.  Take a look and tell me you don't think it's lovely! 


             US Cover                               Re-issued Paperback Cover 

Born Wicked (The Cahill Witch Chronicles, #1)
          Born Wicked (The Cahill Witch Chronicles, #1)

  French Cover                                Spanish Cover

Soeurs Sorcières, Livre 1
           Kate y sus hermanas (The Cahill Witch Chronicles, #1)

Rachel: I still salivate over that gorgeous US cover! From the vivid colors of the flowers against the muted lush green forest, to the girl in the simple cotton dress.  It's just beautiful!  Even the font and scrolling in the title and then the top part: The Cahill Witch Chronicles with lovely side bits of design. If I picked a cover for a book I wrote, this would be it.  Perfection! The other covers don't come close, IMO, but if I had to choose a second it would be the French cover. I appreciate the pretty girls in capes with scrolling overlaid at the bottom.

Rachel's Final Verdict:
The original US cover. Hands down.

Jasprit: I think that the US cover is absolutely gorgeous, without even knowing what this book is about, I know I would immediately be drawn to this book in a bookstore. The colours of the cover and cursive font I find highly appealing. I'm not really a fan of the re-issued paperback, to me it doesn't really stand out amongst all the paranormally witch themed books out there. I actually don't mind the French cover either, I used to love the show Charmed, so I like the vibe I'm getting off this book. And whereas the Spanish cover is pretty neat, I think it would probably appeal more to my younger sister.

Jasprit's Final Verdict: The pretty US cover for sure. 

Which book cover would you like to have on your shelves?

20 comments:

Jen (Books and Other Happy Ever Afters) said...

I totally agree with you! I was quite sad when they redesigned the cover for the US paperbacks, the original was so gorgeous! The French cover.. yikes. The three girls look really photoshopped! :/ Thanks for sharing, ladies!

maya said...

I think the Spanish cover is the only one I'd pick up, it has a very quirky, gothic feel which I just love. I find the other covers quite boring because the pretty girls in pretty dresses are something you get on so many YA novel covers, but I agree that the US version is the best out of those three. Thanks for sharing!

The Readdicts said...

Born Wicked has an absolute gorgeous cover. I haven't picked up the book yet but it would look beautiful on my shelf. I would definitely pick the US cover as well. Both the editions look great.

Janhvi @ The Readdicts

Keertana said...

Yes, definitely the US Cover - it's just gorgeous and so eye-catching. Great post, ladies!

Glass said...

Spanish cover is so sweet, but it looks more like children's book.
I agree with you, US cover is the prettiest.

Tanja - Tanychy said...

Well US cover blown me away a while ago and yeah it wins here. But I have never seen the French one and it's pretty too. Thanks for sharing this girls :)

Unknown said...

US cover.... I also like the French cover :D

-Dannielle

Anonymous said...

The US cover is definitely my favorite. I will never understand why they changed that one because it was so eye-catching.

Mary @ BookSwarm said...

I LOVE the US cover -- so pretty! I'd definitely pick it up in a store. And I like the Spanish one, though I agree it looks a bit younger than the book reads.

Jenny said...

I'm with you guys, the US cover all the way! It's just gorgeous and different, unlike the reissued cover which is more of a typical YA cover. It doesn't stand out at all to me. I do kind of like the Spanish cover as well, I'm such a sucker for illustrations! Not sure I like the "Kate and Her Sisters" title though. Not as catchy and interesting as Born Wicked.

Unknown said...

I definitely love the US cover as well. The French cover is nice too. The Spanish cover is....not. lol

Thanks for the fun post, ladies!

Carina Olsen said...

Ohh, I actually love all the covers for this book :) It looks so gorgeous. Though, yeah, I think my favorite must be the original US cover as well :) I have yet to read the books, though. But I'm SO EXCITED to read both of them :D Thank you for sharing. <3

Sam (Realm of Fiction) said...

I think the Spanish cover could be interesting with a better font. But yeah, not many of these come close to the original US cover. It's gorgeous! I still haven't read this book yet, but I remember falling in love with that cover when I first saw it. The model is so pretty. :)

Shooting Stars Mag said...

I've always loved the original U.S. cover. That's the only one I've seen, so it's definitely a favorite. I think they are all kind of cool though. While the Spanish one looks like an MG novel, I still really love it!

Maja (The Nocturnal Library) said...

Oh, definitely the first US cover, but the paperback cover isn't bad at all either! Too bad I didn't really care for the book. In fact, i dropped it at like, 20%, it was so incredibly boring.

Jenni said...

Gah this cover change makes me so angry! The first cover was absolutely gorgeous, I used to just stand there and stare at it in the store.

Mel@Thedailyprophecy said...

I love the US cover! There is something about it that makes it so eye-catching :)

Heidi@Rainy Day Ramblings said...

I am liking that Spanish cover, It is so unique!

Unknown said...

I agree with you both, I like the US more! I'm not a total fan of the Spanish, but that's probably because it reminds me of MG. For me, 2nd place is a toss up between the French and the re-issued. Both of them are pretty same old to me :) Love this feature, ladies!

Shirley said...

Definitely the US cover! And now you mention it Jasprit, the French cover does remind me a little of Charmed (though I never watched it back when it aired.) :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...