Thursday 12 December 2013

Bookish Survey: Cast a Harry Potter Spell: Part one.


Cast a Harry Potter Spell was created by Jasmine at Flip That Page. I love taking parts in bookish surveys and when I first read this post over at Mel at The Daily Prophecy I knew that I had to take part too.

So what is this survey about? Basically, it’s a survey of sorts, where I give you a certain spell from the Harry Potter series, and you answer with the title of a book you’d like to cast the spell on. 

So without further ado...



Reparo
fixes damaged objects

A book that needs some serious fixing: The secret Dreamworld of Shopaholic by Sophie Kinsella. I know a lot of readers enjoyed this first book to this series, but for me it was my least favourite of the entire series. Becky was so shallow and never listened to anyone, she seriously needed some sense shaken into her multiple times. I'm just glad that I didn't decide to give up on this series, just after the first book.
  Lumos
creates a narrow beam of light
A book that deserves more attention: Past Perfect by Leila Sales. After looking over my list on Goodreads, I really want to know why more people haven't read this book, it was an absolutey hilarious read. I recommend everyone should read this, when they need a quick pick me up!
Nox
counters the effects of Lumos
An overhyped book: I am Number Four by Pittacus Lore.
Accio
summons an object from a significant distance
A book you’re anticipating: Ashes to Ashes (Burn for Burn #3) by Jenny Han and Siobhan Vivian. The second book in this series was just seriously insane, with both authors bringing so much that I hadn't anticipated. Also my poor heart barely made it through. So I kind of need to know what happens in the next book like now!
Expecto Patronum
conjures an incarnation of positive feelings
A book that made you cry, or at least want to: Sing Me to Sleep by Angela Morrison. Oh boy don't get me started on this book, otherwise I'll have to bring out all the tissues again. This was such a gorgeously written story, I remember staying up really late just sobbing away.
Morsmordre
conjures the Dark Mark
A book you wish to mark as one of your favorites: You Look Different in Real Life by Jennifer Castle. This book was so unexpected, it was written so eloquently and just left such a great impression with me.
Petrificus Totalus
petrifies victim
A book you wish to keep forever: Queen of Babble by Meg Cabot.

Protego
shield charm
An intimidating book you keep putting off: The Fault in Our Stars by John Green.

Riddikulus
used against a boggart
A book with a deceiving synopsis: Right of Way by Lauren Barnholdt, this book totally fooled me.



Wingardium Leviosa
levitates objects

A book you wish to reread: The Heather Wells Series by Meg Cabot.

I hope you guys had fun reading this survey, I'd be interested to know which books you would feature under these spells. I will be back next week with part two of Cast a Harry Potter Spell, where I will be discussing...



17 comments:

maya said...

I've seen this tag on a few different blogs lately and I love it - it's such a great way to discover books I hadn't heard of before. I look forward to part 2! ;)

Michelle said...

Cute survey! You should not be intimidated by TFIOS. It's awesome and yeah kinda sad, but really really good. And addicting, so you'll read it super fast. And I CAN'T WAIT for Ashes to Ashes either!!!! Love that series!

Pink Polka Dot Book Blog

Keertana said...

I loved Sales's latest and I'm excited to hear that you enjoyed You Look Different in Real Life because I plan to read that one sometime next year. I haven't seen this survey around, but great responses, Jasprit!(:

Unknown said...

What an awesome survey! With you all the way about I Am Number Four. Got about halfway and was thoroughly bored :/ Will be checking out Leila Sales book too :D

Jenny said...

How much fun is this?! I LOVE IT SO MUCH JASPRIT! I agree with you, I'm definitely intimidated by The Fault in Our Stars as well. I've heard so many great things about it and I know it's going to make me cry and I just can't work up the courage to pick it up just yet! Maybe we can do it together, it could be less intimidating with two of us tackling it.... :)

Mary @ BookSwarm said...

Heh -- this was adorable. I definitely Protego-ed TFiOS for AGES until my spell finally broke and I HAD TO read it. Oh, and I really loved the Heather Wells series, too! So much fun and I liked the whole set-up.

Wendy Darling said...

It's so funny, I've had PAST PERFECT as an egalley way back when S&S still had their Galley Grab program going, but never got around to it. The setting/premise seemed like it could go either way, so even though it got great reviews, I had this...block about it, hah. But after reading and loving THIS SONG WILL SAVE YOUR LIFE, I'm definitely going to read PP soon!

I keep putting off TFIOS too, btw. I think John Green is probably an author you either love or loathe, and I'm weirdly reluctant to find out which I am. Also, you have to be in the mood to cry, from what I hear.

Wendy @ The Midnight Garden

Carina Olsen said...

Awesome post sweetie :D Ahh. You need to get The Fault in Our Stars read. <3 It is amazing.

Heidi@Rainy Day Ramblings said...

What a fun and creative post. I have actually read Past Perfect, I liked it but I didn't think it was anything spectacular. Fault in the Stars is one that I have put off too but I have it slated during the holiday break along with Angelfall. I really really need to read the Meg Cabot series!

Shooting Stars Mag said...

This is such a cute survey! I love Harry Potter, so it's very exciting to see the spells used in a fun way. :-) A book I think deserves more attention is Ballads of Suburbia by Stephanie Kuehnert.

Joni said...

I'm also waiting (impatiently) for Ashes to Ashes. The first two books just grabbed me, yanked me around- and then by the end of the second I found myself in much need of more pages. ^^ I'm also looking forward to Jenny Han's other book "To All The Boys I've Loved Before".

Jess said...

I hadn't seen this post around before and it is such a fun idea! I loved reading it and can't wait for part 2!

Henrietta @ Leisure Reads said...

I like what you shared, Jas! Like you, I've been putting off reading The Fault in Our Stars and I have to agree... I Am Number Four is an overhyped one.

Anonymous said...

This is such a fun post! I agree Past Perfect is one of those books that definitely deserves some Lumos love. :-) I hope you enjoy TFIOS when you do read it!

Sam (Realm of Fiction) said...

Oh I totally agree about the intimidating book that you keep putting off. That would be mine too. ;) And I haven't really paid Past Perfect much attention before, but it sounds like fun, so I'll definitely be sure to add it to the list now. Thanks, Jasprit!

Miss Page-Turner said...

I enjoy the Cast a Spell posts very much. I just ordered the first book in the Shopaholic series recently, because I loved the movie and thought it time to read the books. Good to hear that the other books in the series get better:)

Unknown said...

Ha! This is too freaking cute. I have no doubt that Past Perfect deserves more recognition.. I loved This Song and really want to read more of that authors works.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...