Sunday 8 December 2013

Showcase Sunday #41

 


Showcase Sunday is a weekly meme hosted by Vicky at Books, Biscuits and Tea. The aim is to showcase our newest books or book related swag and to see what everyone else received for review, borrowed from libraries, bought in bookshops and downloaded onto eReaders this week.

Hello everyone, I hope you all had a wonderful week. These last two weeks were full with unexpected goodies, first I went to the MyKindaBook.com relaunch, you can read my recap here and got to meet the lovely Leila Sales and Sarra Manning. And get an awesome goodie bag and signed books by the authors! 








Thank you to Macmillan UK, Harlequin UK, HarperCollins and Sarah Alderson

Pawn by Aimee Carter | Anything You Have to Say by Paige Harbison | The Last Best Kiss by Claire LaZebnik | Wicked Games by Sean Olin | Night of Cake and Puppets by Laini Taylor | Lila and Alex short Story: X-rated by Sarah Alderson

With all the amazing HarperCollins titles on Edelweiss this week I think I was quite good in keeping my requesting finger in check. The Last Best Kiss had been on my to read pile for sometime, so I was happy to finally get a copy. Wicked Games is probably not something that I would usually read, but I think the first line that described the book as a sexy thriller had me convinced. Pawn had been receiving some amazing reviews lately and I think it was high time that I finally gave it a try. Also I had been resisting getting a copy of Night of Cake and Puppets, but the amount of five star ratings that had been coming through pushed me in getting a copy, also I can't wait to be back with the characters Taylor has created. And I received the best Christmas present ever thanks to Sarah Alderson! I got a copy of The X-rated Lila and Alex novella *sigh* I can't really sum up my feelings right now, so will just leave you with this. 




Lets see what Rachel received.



Thank you to the authors for providing a copy!




Hexed (The Iron Druid Chronicles #2) by Kevin Hearne Audio Book  | The Look of Love (The Sullivans #1) by Bella Andre Audio Book  | Fool for Love by Marie Force Audio Book | A Tale of Two Vampires by Katie MacAlister Audio Book | Highland Surrender by Tracy Brogan Audio Book | Murder Game by Christine Feehan Audio Book | The Sweetest Thing by Jill Shalvis Audio Book | The Shadow Reader (The Shadow Reader #1) by Sandy Williams Audio Book | Run the Risk by Lori Foster Audio Book 

I’m excited to read the Neverwas as I really enjoyed Amber House. It was mysterious and a little creepy, and set in a grand old mansion. 

As you can see I went on a little crazy with audio books because Audible was having a sale on these babies and I got them for $4.95 a piece! Of course I couldn’t resist! I got an even better deal on Hexed (Iron Druid #2) for $2.95 on Audible’s Daily Deal which I get an email for every day *yes, I’m a complete sucker*. Loved Hounded, the first in the series and the narrator, Luke Daniels, was amazing! I’m addicted to audio books if they’re done well. I always test the narrator’s voice before buying.

If you posted a book haul this week, we'd love to see what you received, leave us a link in the comments and we will check your post out soon! 

19 comments:

maya said...

I've heard a lot about This Song Will Save Your Life and it looks great. Hope you both enjoy your new books!

tthepageturner said...

Ooh, that's so cool you got to meet them authors! Look at those fav goodies, too! ^^
Haha, love the Thor GIF! Have you seen the new movie? I haven't, but I really must. :D

Shirley said...

OMGG JASPRIT!!! SARAH ALDERSON'S X-RATED SHORT STORY! *HYPERVENTILATES* I cannot wait for the bind-up to be released...I NEED SOME NAKED ALEX<3

Oohhh I'm going to check out the Amber House Trilogy :) I REALLY like the cover of Neverwas!

Rashika said...

AHH CONGRATULATIONS on getting the X-Rated short story!
:D I am so excited to read it and the two quotes Sarah shared sometime last month aren't nearly enough.
I am glad you enjoyed it ;) It makes me excited to read it :)

Unknown said...

The MKB launch looked amazing! So jealous :-)

Keertana said...

Jasprit, Night of Cake and Puppets is just adorable and I'm so jealous you got that Lila and Alex scene! ;) Rachel, I haven't read Amber House yet, but I'm curious to see what you think of the sequel. Also, Shadow Reader looks really good, so I hope you enjoy it. Great haul, ladies!(:

Alyssa said...

YAY for Wicked Games! I think I'll go back and get that one on Edelweiss. After the ARCParty on Wednesday, I'm really excited about a sexy novel (according to Margot). I hope you two enjoy all of your books! :D

Have a fabulous weekend!

Check out my STS post!

Lucy Powrie said...

It's so awesome you got to meet Sarra Manning and Leila Sales! I love Sarra Manning's books and finished This Song Will Save Your Life the other day and really enjoyed it.

Happy reading, both of you!

Aneeqah said...

Ahh, that author signing seems like it was really awesome, Jasprit! I just finished up This Song Will Save Your Life, and I really, really enjoyed it. It was AMAZING how well the author managed to capture the teen voice. I wish I could meet her!! But alas, that won't be happening anytime soon, alas. =P But that swag looks like AWESOME sauce! I can't wait to see what you think of This Song Will Save Your Life, and Diary of a Secret Crush. <3 Also, I am really looking forward to seeing what you think of Pawn!! I've heard such great things, yet I'm still a bit hesitant about whether or not I should read it.

I haven't read The Amber House yet, Rachel, but your enthusiasm for it is making me want to pick it up as well! I really do hope you enjoy the sequel just as much. =) The Sweetest Thing also likes an awesome book.

Lovely haul, Jasprit and Rachel! I hope you both enjoy all your books! <3

Anna said...

WOW! Awesome haul! Lots of great books, hope you enjoy them all :)
My STS

beccabooklover said...

Great haul! I also received a copy of Pawn this week and have already read it; it was a great dystopian read and will definitely look out for the next one. I love the cover for This Song Will Save Your Life too! Enjoy :)

Becca @ Lost in Thought
http://lostinthought-becca.blogspot.co.uk/2013/12/showcase-sunday-46.html

Maja (The Nocturnal Library) said...

Hah, Rachel, I've been keeping an eye out on all the deals on Audible too! I'm just too weak to resist. Luke Daniels narrates the Iron Druid series beautifully, I hope you'll enjoy this.
And Jasprit, I have a copy of Pawn on the way, I'm very much looking forward to it.
Happy reading, girls.

Sara @ Forever 17 Books said...

I'm still debating which Harper books to download because so many of them sound amazing! Maybe some people will early review them to help me decide. lol Wicked Games is definitely one I think I need to check out though. Enjoy your new reads!

brandileigh2003 said...

Last best kiss looks good, hope you enjoy!

Unknown said...

Jasprit, your books look AMAZING. So many that I can't wait to download and AH I still need to read This Song Will Save Your Life!

I haven't heard of any of yours, Rachel, but I hope you enjoy them on your break :)

Unknown said...

Those are some awesome signed copies to have, Jasprit!
Oh my gosh, I'm a total audible daily deal addict. I think I have the 4th in the Iron Druid Chronicles series I still need to listen to. Glad to know that they're good on audio! Hope you enjoy The Shadow Reader, I really loved that one.

Jasprit said...

Yes Renu you must! I went to see it the week it was out and I have to admit that they've done an excellent job with it, I loved the first film, but Thor 2 even more so! :)

Mary @ BookSwarm said...

I tried my very best to not click every single Harper title that hit Edelweiss. It was hard...but I KNOW I don't have time! Some fab books now on your TBR.

Carina Olsen said...

Ah! Jealous of signed This Song Will Save Your Life :D Enjoyed that book. <3 Anyway. Lots of awesome this week :) I hope you both enjoy it all. <3

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...