Sunday 3 June 2012

Review: Easy by Tammara Webber

Easy
  


  Title: Easy
  Author: Tammara Webber
  Publisher: Self-published
  Publication Date: May 25th 2012
  My Rating: 5 Stars
  
  Reviewed by: Rachel  

 





After reading this story, I had to ask myself, why have I never read a Tammara Webber story before?!! This story was UNPUTDOWNABLE! 

Jacqueline Wallace followed her boyfriend of three years, Kennedy, to college and then unexpectedly, he dumps her to sow his wild oats. Jacqueline is devastated and for two-weeks she can't bring herself to face him in the economics class they share. She finally realizes that no guy is worth failing a class and trashing her GPA. So Jacqueline goes to the teacher and throws herself on his mercy, begging for a chance to catch up and pass the class. He connects her with the class tutor, Landon, and they begin emailing back and forth working on retrieving her grade. She starts to connect with Landon through the emails and wonders what he looks like.  In class, Jacqueline notices another boy, Lucas. When he's not sketching in a notebook, she catches him staring at her many times. Jacqueline never noticed Lucas before, but now he seems to be popping up everywhere. Now that she's not with Kennedy anymore, she can't help but see that he's gorgeous: clear gray-blue eyes, lean and muscled body, and bad-boy tattoos snaking up arms. Jacqueline doesn't know if she's ready for any relationship so soon after her break-up. Also, she's not sure if someone who is clearly just sketching and not listening in class is someone for her but she can't deny that she's attracted to him. Should she choose a guy who satisfies her body or her mind? Add to all of this, Jacqueline is getting very unwanted attention from Buck, a frat-mate of Kennedy, who suddenly after their break-up, is all about bullying and stalking Jacqueline! This guy is beyond creepy, and his type is the reason I carry pepper spray in my purse!   

This story starts off with a bang! My heart was literally pounding in my chest from the opening scene! I won't say what happens but it was some start. As I said in the opening, I could not put this book down! I read it in one day. I just loved everything about it. I liked that Jacqueline doesn't let the events in her life drag her down. She grieves over her break-up but then dusts herself off, and gets back to living. Her friend and roommate, Erin was the best sort of girlfriend.  It's the type of relationship all us girls yearn to have, someone who is loyal and helps to empower us against what trips us up in life. It was a nice change from the usual "mean-girl" plot line in so many books now. Now let's get to Lucas, he is easily the knight-in-shining-armor of this book. He's so respectful, protective and just plain HOT! Some of the scenes in this book had me wiping off the steam gathering on my glasses many times! Let me tease you with a snippet:

"So I don't want to you to feel pressured. Or overpowered. But I do, absolutely, want to kiss you right now. Badly." He trailed his finger over my jaw and down my throat, and then into his lap.  I stared at him. Finally comprehending that he was waiting for a response, I said, "Okay." ----As he leaned over me, I felt a heightened awareness of every part of my body that touched a part of his--the edge of his hip pressed to mine, his chest sliding against mine, his fingers tracing from wrists to forearms and then framing my face.  He held me in place, lips near my ear. When he kissed the sensitive spot, my breath shuddered. "You're so beautiful," he whispered, moving his mouth to mine.  

Oh.My.Goodness!!! That's just the tip of the iceberg when it comes to the steam written in this story! There is so much more to this story than the romance but I don't want to give anything away.  Stay away from spoilery reviews if you can. This story is best discovered by reading it yourself. 

I highly recommend this story, just writing this review makes me want to read it all over again! I'm definitely reading anything else written by Tammara Webber. 

15 comments:

Beverley said...

I haven't heard of this author either but after your glowing review, I'm definitely checking her out! I'm in need of a romance novel for summer and this sounds PERFECT! Lucas sounds absolutely AMAZING - I love artistic guys <3 Jacqueline sounds like a strong protagonist and I'm glad she decided that 'no guy is worth failing a class and trashing her GPA' Oh, and that scene you shared is so incredibly steamy...wow, I don't think I've ever read a love scene in a book with that level of... steaminess haha! Thanks for the lovely review, Rachel, I look forward to many more :)

Maja (The Nocturnal Library) said...

5 stars? Really?! I'd never even seen this before now¨, but it sounds so exciting, and I think Lucas would make a great addition to my flat army. He could be a general, in fact! That quote you included... *fans self* I need to meet him now¨!
Wonderful review, Rachel!

Pooja. S said...

Wow. This is the SECOND 5 star review I've seen for Easy and 5 starred contemporaries are guaranteed a awesomeness... usually!!! I love the sound of these characters and THAT QUOTE. Wow. Adding this to my TBR right away. Fantastic review, Rachel!

Shane @ItchingforBooks said...

Okay! now i'm sold. this book has too many good reviews to just pass over.

Anonymous said...

Rachel, I'm so glad you loved it as much as did ! :D :D
*Happy Dance
I have read Tammara Webber's other books, but this one was by far my favorite.
:D :D
Lucas is totally the kind of guy you can go all fan-girl over so easily ! :)
Oh and that quote is totally a favorite mine too ! :)
Great review, Rachel !

Sam (Realm of Fiction) said...

Like I said earlier, I will definitely have to read something by this author soon! I can't wait to start this book after your review. Realistic fiction or not, I think I might realy love this book. ;) Wonderful review darling!

Rachel said...

Thanks Nick, your review was wonderful as well! Lucas was to die for!! Jacqueline was an amazing character as well. I never felt any frustration towards her throughout the whole book. I haven't read any other Tammara Webber books but I just bought Between the Lines. We'll see how this compares.

Rachel said...

He would be an EXCELLENT addition to the flat army Maja! :)

Eunice said...

Lovely review, Rachel! So glad you enjoyed this too! I agree, there were just so many steamy and hot scenes! And Lucas was just ASDAFAGAERAGFDJFIKDJ! lol! :))

Giselle said...

Omg another one!! the reviews for this are insanely good and I. Must. Haz!!! That opening seen has me super curious!! And omg Lucas!!!! *fans self*. Ok ok I have to get this book now!!

Unknown said...

Aww, Rachel! I love you for loving this book! <3 I read this last week and it's absolutely MIND-BLOWING. The characters are very well-developed, and like you said, there is so much more in the story than just the steamy romance! <3 Love love love your review, Rachel! You captivate the awesomeness of the story very well in your amazing review! x)

Brasil said...

Webber has really hit her stride with Easy. The characters of Lucas and Jackie are so well developed. Lucas is deep and the tortured hero, but he isn't overly so. A tortured hero who at the same time doesn't become repetitive and sickening because of his moods was SO refreshing. I think Jackie grows in the way you expect to grow in college. She has based her life on a relationship and Webber does such a wonderful job of letting her find closure from that relationship and moves on. I like that she handled her post relationship with Kennedy as a strong woman who knows that there are better things out there.

I think the story line was excellent also. It was believable and the central theme of rape/violence against women was tied together so well with Jackie and Lucas.

deepsouthrunner said...

I read this book in about 4 hours, loved it.

Rachel said...

I couldn't put it down either! Glad you loved it as much as me! :)

Rachel said...

I completely agree, Brasil, Lucas was a wonderful hero without being overly tortured to the point of frustrating the reader. I loved how Jacqueline handled Kennedy, I just loved her character period. Not once did I feel frustrated with any of her decisions and that is a rarity in the books I read. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...