Wednesday 13 June 2012

Waiting on Wednesday #6




Is a meme hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine, which spotlights upcoming releases we're eagerly anticipating.

The book I'm most excited for this week is......


 Enshadowed (Nevermore, #2)                                                                                   






Enshadowed by Kelly Creagh

Publication Date: August 28th 2012


   




Blurb from GoodReads:

Varen Nethers is trapped in a perilous dream world -- a treacherous and desolate realm where the terrifying stories of Edgar Allan Poe come to life. Isobel Lanley, plagued by strange visions and haunted by the nightmares of Varen's creation, is the only one who can save him.
 
Isobel knows that her only hope lies within a Baltimore cemetery. There, in the early morning hours of Edgar Allan Poe's birthday, a mysterious stranger known as the "Poe Toaster" will make his annual homage at the legendary poet's grave.
 
Only the Poe Toaster holds the key to the way between worlds. But even greater dangers lie ahead for Isobel. An ancient evil, draped in veils of white, is watching, challenging her for Varen's affections. When Isobel finally finds Varen, he is no longer the quiet and brooding boy who once captivated her, but a dark force, powerful and malevolent.

My Thoughts:

I fell completely in love with the story of Nevermore, you can read my review here.  (Don't be too harsh, it was one of my first reviews I wrote for GoodReads!)  Dark and broody Varen had me mesmerized from the moment he wrote his phone number on Isobel's wrist (in purple no less!)  Goth-guy and Cheerleader thrown together?!! How can you resist such a story?! Mix in the sinister and dark dream world of Edgar Allan Poe and you have a winning combination. Nevermore left us hanging so cruelly on a major cliffhanger, so I've been desperate for the last two years to get my hands on this story!  I'm counting the days!


21 comments:

Shooting Stars Mag said...

I just finished this one and fell in love too. I can't imagine wating so long for the sequel, but I'm stoked it's finally coming out this summer!

-Lauren

Anonymous said...

I really do need to read the first book soon. I've heard so many great things.
I can't believe I haven't read it yet ! :/
Thanks for sharing, Rachel. :)

Maja (The Nocturnal Library) said...

I am very excited about this one too. Nevermore was a bit confusing, but wonderfully written, and that cliffhanger was painful! I need some closure at least. If this one ends with a cliffhanger too, I will be very upset.
Anyway, there is another trilogy about a cheerleader and a goth - The Ghost and the Goth - and it's really very good.

Vegan YA Nerds said...

I haven't heard of this book or the first one in the series so thanks for introducing me to some new books, Rach!

Kim said...

Wow I've been hearing of this a lot today so I just added the first book in the series to my to-read list (: haha.

- Kim
My WoW

Suzanne (Parabooklover) said...

This is a series I want to read, so hopefully I'll get to read Nevermore soon. Great pick.

My WoW

Celine said...

I've actually heard of this book but wasn't that interested to read the series. Now you make me wan to read!

Awesome pick for WoW, Jasprit! ♥

Laurel-Rain Snow said...

This one looks very tempting...thanks for sharing. Here's MY WOW POST

Eunice said...

Nevermore have been sitting on my pile for so long! I guess I need to re-arrange my pile and manage my impulsiveness on picking up random books that ruins my reading schedule. lol! I gotta start this series soon. Nice pick, Jasprit. :)

Johanna said...

I agree with you! Will be reading this as soon as it'll come out. I've been waiting forever and that cliffhanger is just so asdfghjkl!!! XD

My WoW

Nicola said...

I haven't read Nevermore yet but now I MUST! I hope this one lives up to your expectations, Rachel!! :D

Jenny said...

Yes Rachel me too! I absolutely adored Nevermore and feel like I've been waiting for this book for 15 years. That ending? *dies* I need to know what happens right this second:) And that blurb has me super nervous, I don't want Varen to be dark and malevolent!

Unknown said...

Eeep, Edgar Allan Poe! This guy completely terrified me with his stories. Ouch, Tell Tale Heart... *shudder*
I think I really need to check out Nevermore though. Awesome pick, Rachel! <3

Sam (Realm of Fiction) said...

I loved the first book and can't wait to get my hands on this! According to Mimi on Goodreads, it's a great sequel. ;) I'm glad to hear you were a fan of Nevermore too. Awesome pick, Rachel! :)

Grad Student @ Young Adult Fiction and Whiskey Sours said...

YES I want to read this, too! But somehow haven't gotten to the first one. Must. get. to. library. now! I love the tidbit about the phone number.

great WoW. check out mine at http://yafictionandwhiskeysours.blogspot.com/

Heidi@Rainy Day Ramblings said...

Hey I can actually leave a comment today no problems! Whew! I am wanting to read this series really bad. I have had the first book forever and still haven't read it. Now I need to hurry Thanks for being patient and getting the problem fixed for me :)

Vicky @ A Backpack Full of Adventures said...

You had me at 'Edgar Allen Poe'. :) I hope it'll be as good as it sounds!

Rachel said...

Maja, I've seen The Ghost and the Goth around and have always wanted to read that series. All the books are out now, so I should give it a go. :)

Pooja. S said...

Ooh. This sounds like a fascinating series! I want to read it! Goth guy and cheerleader? Yes please XD

Book Passion for Life said...

I really didn't enjoy the first book of this but I'm glad your looking forward to it. Donna xox

Shane @ItchingforBooks said...

I feel like i've been waiting a century for the sequel, i'm absolutely obsessed with this story

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...