Sunday 5 August 2012

Showcase Sunday #6


Showcase Sunday is a weekly meme hosted by Vicky at Books, Biscuits and Tea. The aim is to showcase our newest books or book related swag and to see what everyone else received for review, borrowed from libraries, bought in bookshops and downloaded onto eReaders this week.

With a crazy couple of weeks (work, excitement over the Olympics and awesome author events) we didn’t get time to get a showcase Sunday post together. So again we have an awesome 3 week edition for you.



Speechless Hannah Harrington
Stormdancer Jay Kristoff
What's Left of Me Kat Zhang
Unbreak My Heart Melissa Walker

Thank you to NetGalley, Edelweiss, Harlequin, St. Martin's Press and HarperCollins

I’ve had a super few weeks acceptance-wise on NetGalley and Edelweiss, normally I’m rejected all over the place. Speechless, Stormdancer and What’s Left of Me were books I couldn’t wait to read, so I was over the moon when I was accepted. Unbreak My Heart has been on my wish list ever since I heard about it, with a read-athon just around the corner I thought I’d treat myself to a copy.


Rebel Heart Moira Young
Ocean of Secrets Aimee Friedman
League of Strays L.B. Schulman
13 Little Blue Envelopes Maureen Johnson
Witch Crag Kate Cann
Breathe Sarah Crossan
Hereafter Tara Hudson

Thank you Scholastic UK, Abrams ans Chronicle, Bloomsbury and Eileen Cook for the signed bookmarks.

I love receiving parcels form publishers, Scholastic UK and Abrams and Chronicle were awesome enough to send me with Witch Crag, Rebel Heart, Ocean of Secrets and League of Strays. With some truly awesome reviews of Blood Red Road already floating about, I really need to get to this series asap; now having Rebel Heart will definitely give me the encouragement to start it. Oceans of secrets is another book I’ve been waiting to get my hands on (It was previously known as Sea Change). And Breathe, seriously I couldn’t get enough of its synopsis and gorgeous cover so was quite ecstatic when I received a review copy.

Over to Rachel to see the lovelies she received.


For review:


Dearly Beloved Lia Habel
Ironskin Tina Connolly
The Dead Girls Detective Agency Suzy Cox
In Between Tara Fuller
Saving Grace J.M Hill 
Speechless Hannah Harrington

Thank you to Edelweiss, Netgalley, Tor Books, Harper Teen, J.M. Hill, Del Rey, Entangled Teen, and Harlequin Teen for providing me copies.  I’m really excited for Speechless because I loved Saving June. 


Borrowed


Cursed Jennifer L. Armentrout
The Gorgon in the Gully Melina Marchetta

My lovely friends lent me these copies!  Alexa from Collections lent her copy of Cursed to me.  I’ve been dying to get my hands on it since I saw it was by JLM.  So I could’ve kissed Alexa when she offered it to me.   Our friend Arlene from Winterhaven Books lent me The Gorgon in the Gully which is the only Melina Marchetta book out that I haven’t read.  I’m so excited to read that, because it’s about Jonah Griggs’ (from On the Jellicoe Road) little brother, Danny.


Bought


While it Lasts Abbi Glines
Crash Nicole Williams
First Comes Love Katie Kacvinsky
The Girl of Fire and Thorns Rae Carson
Junk Miles Liz Reinhardt
Slow Twitch Liz Reinhardt
The Sweet Gum Tree Katherine Allred

I bought Junk Miles and Slow Twitch of the Brenna Blixen series because I have the first one, and I was alerted on Twitter they were on sale for .99 cents a piece on Amazon.  I snatched them up because I’ve heard good things about the series.  Same thing with The Girl of Fire and Thorns, I saw it was at a bargain price on Amazon, marked down to $2.99 so I couldn’t resist!  I love the cover on First Comes Love, and after Eunice’s lovely review I couldn’t help myself!  Crash is a self-pub that’s burning its way through Goodreads with 5 star reviews.  I’m hearing it being compared to Beautiful Disaster and Perfect Chemistry, so I can’t wait to read that!  

Again we have another enormous stack of lovely books to get through. We'd love to know what goodies you received. Leave us a link and we'll check it out.

28 comments:

Sam (Realm of Fiction) said...

I didn't realise that Melina Marchetta book was about Jonah's brother! I will have to get my hands on that one day. :) I can't wait to see what you think of it, Rachel! Jasprit, awesome haul too! I got Breathe this week as well and can't wait to get started. Hopefully it is good. :)

Happy reading, you two!

Keertana said...

OH MY GOSH! You two got some amazing books the past few weeks!

Jasprit, I can't wait to see what you think of Stormdancer - I loved it! I'm also so jealous you got What's Left of Me! I've heard amazing things about it, so I hope you enjoy it! :D Is that Rebel Heart I spy? If you didn't live overseas I'd definitely be begging you to send me a copy! I can't wait to see what you think of Blood Red Road, which I loved, so I hope Rebel Heart is just as good, if not better!(:

Rachel, I absolutely loved The Girl of Fire and Thorns and First Comes Love, so I hope you enjoy those two as well! Ironskin didn't quite work out for me since I'm such a big Jane Eyre fan, but I'm hoping you like it more than I did. I also can't wait to see what you think of The Dead Girls Detective Agency, not to mention that Crash looks very interesting.

I'm looking forward to all the fabulous reviews sure to come, you two! Happy Reading! :D

~Keertana
Ivy Book Bindings

Crystal said...

WOW I am in awe of your books this week!! So many great ones!! I really loved Unbreak My Heart and I can't to see what you think of What's Left of Me and well everything else you have lol!! Awesome week can't wait to see your reviews =)

Jen (Books and Other Happy Ever Afters) said...

Wow, what can I say? This is the most EPIC of epic hauls there is! I received some books up there that you have, such as Stormdancer, Inbetween, Speechless, and Dearly Beloved! I canNOT wait to see your review of What's Left of Me; that one looks fabulous. I'm also curious about Crash--it looks like New Adult is becoming popular!

Great haul, ladies. I'm a new follower, and I LOVE this blog!
Happy reading. :)

My Weekly Book Haul:
http://thedancingreaderreviews.blogspot.com/2012/08/weekly-book-haul-27.html

Jessica@Booked Up! said...

Wow, so many books! I'm so jealous of Speechless! I can't wait to find out what you think of it. Enjoy all of your books! :) xxx

My Showcase Sunday: http://bookedupbloggers.blogspot.co.uk/2012/08/showcase-sunday-1.html

Vegan YA Nerds said...

What a great haul this week, ladies! Grogan in the Gully is the only MM book I am yet to read, too!

Jas - I hope you enjoy 13 Little Blue Envelopes and Hereafter. Rach - I hope you enjoy Speechless and First Comes Love

Mel@Thedailyprophecy said...

Wow, a lot of books! What's left of me, I want to read that one <3 I also have Ironskin, can't wait ^^

Happy reading! :D

Sally@Always Lost in Stories said...

That is an incredible load of books- I don't even know where to start!
Everyone seems to be getting Rebel Heart this week- I didn't even know it was out yet, but I want it!
Enjoy all your new books girls!

Shirley said...

Wowww..FABULOUS haul!! I'm REALLY looking forward to Cursed, Breathe, and In Between<3 I've given up requesting on Netgalley/Edelweiss; I always get rejected nowadays :S Anywayyy ENJOYYYY!

Anonymous said...

:O
*jaw drops to the floor*
What an amazing book haul, you guys! :) I'm so jealous right now.
Jasprit, I'm excited to see what you think of Speechless and Unbreak My Heart. :D
Rachel, The Girl Of Fire and Thorns sounds awesome.
I hope you guys enjoy all your books!
Happy reading!

Jenny said...

Wow, you guys had such a great book week! *turns green with envy* What's left of me looks awesome, I can't wait to read that one, and I'm DYING for Ironskin as well - that one just sounds like it's going to be really different. Hurry up and read and then write you reviews so I can know your thoughts on all of these ! ;-)

Zoe said...

Fantastic haul! Speechless and Inbetween look good, I have heard so many good things about them. I need to read 13 Little Envelopes and Breathe, they look fantastic! :) Happy reading x
My SS:
http://bookhi.blogspot.co.uk/2012/08/showcase-sunday-4.html

Livvy said...

Wow.

You guys have had a fantastic week between you. What more could you want?

Stormdancer! Inbetween. What's Left of Me. Green with envy over here! Some really fantastic titles you have.

I hope you enjoy your book haul the both of you.

Livvy @Nerdy Book Reviews

Eunice said...

Wow! Amazing books you got here, girls! Jasprit, I'm excited to hear what you think of What's Left Of Me! I got Stormdancer and Speechless too! Really excited to start those too! Hope you enjoy them. Rachel, OMG! I can't wait for you to read First Comes Love! Hope you like it as much as I did! And ooh, Crash too! That sounds like a really good read!

Enjoy all these books, ladies! Happy reading! :)

Heidi@Rainy Day Ramblings said...

A great list of books, girls! I am trying to cut back! I have not heard of CRASH yet, I am going to do some research on that one. I read What's Left of Me last week and it is definitly a thought provoking read. Hope you lovelies have a great week!

Jennifer said...

13 Little Blue Envelopes is such a cute read. Jealous of Inbetween :D

Happy reading ;)

Jennifer @ Dream Reads

Celine said...

I LOVE that cover of Stormdancer! That book looks so, so good. You both got amazing piles of books, hope you all enjoy them (:

Happy reading!
Celine ~ Nyx Book Reviews
My New Books

alexanddrea said...

WOW! This is a really great haul. I just about want to read every book you guys have gotten. I recently discovered Crash and I am interested in reading it. Happy reading to you both! New follower. My Showcase Sunday

- Alex
Breakfast At Bookland and Cupcakes and Literature

Unknown said...

Nice book haul! I'm so excited to read Speechless. I've heard it's terrific. I bought Slow Twitch and Junk Miles on sale, as well. Looking really forward to reading that series. I hope you enjoy your books!

Arlene said...

Wow! I want to come over and hang out with you just to help you organize your bookshelves! What great additions!

Thank you for the shout Rachel. I really hope you enjoy Gorgon. Hug Jonah Griggs for me. >.<

Happy reading ladies!

Anonymous said...

As you both know, I'm a HUGE fan of Speechless, so I look forward to your thoughts of it, Rachel. :) Fingers crossed you'll like it as much as Jasprit and I did!:)

I highly anticipate seeing what you think of Stormdancer, What's Left of Me, and Rebel Heart Jasprit (I've been hearing excellent things about all three).

Rachel, I can't wait for your review of Ironskin! Jane Eyre retelling *swoon* :D

Awesome haul, ladies! Enjoy your books! :)

Rachel said...

Gosh Arlene, I wish you'd organize my shelves! They in such disarray! Thanks again for the lend! :)

Shooting Stars Mag said...

Wow, you girls got some awesome books this week! I really want to read The Dead Girl's Detective Agency and What's Left of Me myself so I hope you two enjoy those.

-Lauren

Randi M said...

Those first four books? Want them all, especially What's Left of Me and Unbreak my Heart. :) Haha. Happy reading!

My Stacking the Shelves

Randi @ Cardigans, Coffee and Bookmarks

Vicky @ A Backpack Full of Adventures said...

What a fantastic haul! Speechless and What's Left of Me look great! I can't wait to read League of Strays and can't wait to hear what you think! :)

Happy reading and have a great week! x

Suzanne (Parabooklover) said...

Awesome hauls girls. I'm really looking forward to Breathe too and Dearly, Beloved, I must read that soon. Enjoy all your books. Happy Reading :)

A.J. said...

You guys got some awesome books! Hope you enjoy them all!

Rachel, The Gorgon in the Gully is so adorable!! Loved it! :D

Beckie said...

Awesome haul girls!,
I am also from the uk but yet to make contact with uk publishers, too nervous etc. will wait about a year before contacting them. Might work out what to say by then lol :p lol xx enjoy and happy reading. Oh I loved saving June too so cannot wait to read speechless x :) xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...