Sunday 30 June 2013

Upcoming Read-A-Thons


You guys know how much I love my Read-A-Thons, I love being able to put a dent in my tbr pile, I love getting to know other book bloggers and readers in the process, and I love being able read what I want and how much I want no pressure. I actually had three Read-A-Thons that I signed up to. I'm currently taking part in the Debut-A-Thon hosted by Books of Amber. I've read All Our Yesterdays so far which I loved and started Infinite Sky yesterday.

For my upcoming Read-A-Thons, there is still time for you guys to sign up (by clicking on each button this will take you to the sign up page). I've decided to go for a stack of books I've been meaning for a while, or books which my blogging friends have been praising highly for so long. These are the books I have in mind. 



Friday Brown by Vikki Wakefield  | Between Shades of Gray by Ruta Sepetys  | The Raven Boys by Maggie Stiefvater | The DUFF by Kody Keplinger  | Over You by Emma Mclaughlin & Nicola Kraus

The books I pick up however are often dependent on my mood, so I will try to tackle some of the above books, but may read some not in this reading list either. I am really excited to finally start reading some of these books. If you're taking part in any of the upcoming read-a-thons above let me know, I'd love to see your updates. 

I will most likely be updating my read-a-thon progress on my twitter profile which can be found hereor this update page. 

Monday:  
Pages read: 35% of The Truth About You and Me by Amanda Grace.
Books read: 0
Challenges Completed: 2

Cover to Cover Blog Mini-Challenge:

Which book are you most excited to read in the coming year?
I can't wait to read Just One Year by Gayle Forman. I loved Just One Day this year, and I am dying to read Willem's pov and to get a better understanding of his character.

Which book would you re-read if you had the time and weren't so busy reading all of the other good things?
I've always wanted to go back and make time to re-read some of my favourites, but never have the time, but if I had the time to do so I would read the entire Queen of Babble series by Meg Cabot again. I adored the entire series and sometimes go back to re-read some of my favourite parts, but I really need to make time for all of them! 

And lastly if you could meet any fictional character who would it be and why?
Can I just say all my ficitonal crushes? I have far too many favourites to just choose one! 

Tuesday
Pages read: 65% of The Truth About You and Me by Amanda Grace.
Books read: 1
Challenges Completed: 2

Mini-Challenge: IB Book Blogging:
Make your dream guy using characteristics, personalities, looks, and anything else you can think of from your favorite book boyfriends. 

I have so many book boyfriends, that this is oh so difficult but here goes: My dream guy would havw the strength and courage of Four from the Divergent series, the personality and humour of Cooper Cartwright from the Heather Wells series by Meg Cabot, Willem from Gayle Forman's Just One Day allure and the body of Alex from the Hunting Lila series by Sarah Alderson.

Better Read Than Dead Mini-challenge:

You're in a bookstore and you've just purchased 5 books you've been dying to read, when the apocalypse hits. (Zombie, Demons, Vampires, Dean Winchester vs. Sam Winchester (yes, I'm watching Supernatural reruns) I don't care what apocalypse). You've got one chance at survival, what 2 books do you take and what 3 other items do you take? 

Okay so the two books that I've had my eye on lately and would totally grab off the shelves would be: Bruised by Sarah Skilton and Pivot Point by Kasie West. The other three items I would take would be a Kindle (my bookstore totally stocks these now, so I can read even more), some water and some weapon of some sort to try and keep the bad guys away!

18 comments:

Tanja - Tanychy said...

Okay I can't make it to the Summer Lovin' read-a-thon but I might try and join Once Upon a read-a-thon. We shall see. Anyhow I wish you luck with this read-a-thons! I can't wait to see what you think of Between the Shades of Gray! :)

Jessica@Booked Up! said...

Yay for Read-A-Thons! I really need to start taking part in more of these, because my TBR pile is so high it's scary! I hope you enjoy the stack of books that you have decided to try and get through. I love Maggie Stiefvater and have The Raven Boys on my bookshelf, but I still haven't read it for some strange reason. It looks amazing though, and hopefully you will love it. Between Shades of Grey sounds really good, and has been on my Wishlist for a long time. The rest of those books look brilliant too.

Good luck on your Read-A-Thons, Jasprit. :)

WinterHaven said...

Good luck hun! That's a great list of books you've got there:D

(Tina)

Shirley said...

I've never participated in a Read-a-Thon before :( But it sounds like loads of fun and it's great you get to make a huge dent in your TBR pile!! I've heard fantastic things about The Raven Boys and Between Shades of Grey. Good Luck on your Read-A-Thon!<3

Unknown said...

I haven't ever taken part in a read-a-thon before but they look like so much fun. Oh my goodness ,THE DUFF IS FANTASTIC! One of my all time favourite books :D Seen some great reviews for the others to so enjoy :)

Unknown said...

Another read-a-thon! Have a fun time, Jasprit!

Anonymous said...

Good luck with your read-a-thon! I'd love to take part, but it's just not the right time for me at the moment, as I'm really busy. However if you get around to Between Shades of Grey and The Raven Boys, I'll be looking out for your opinions as I've heard lots of things about them! :)

Rachel said...

Have fun doing your two read-a-thons Jasprit! I cannot wait to read All Our Yesterdays in August; the summary so amazing and so far the one review I read about it was positive.

Between the Shades of Grey was one of the few books that ever made me actually cry. (be warned, you might cry) I read it three years ago so my memory of it is foggy but It is an amazing book. Hope you read it soon!

Divergent Gryffindor said...

Yay, I participated both of these too, including the debutathon, which I know you participated in too! 3 consecutive read-a-thons! I hope we both have fun in both of them :D
PS: The debut-a-thon was my first read-a-thon, and I'd love to participate in more.

Suzanne (Parabooklover) said...

I really enjoyed All Our Yesterdays too Jaspirit. And have you not read The Raven Boys yet? I can't wait to see what you think. I picked up a copy of The Duff recently and hope to read that one soon too. Enjoy Jasprit :)

Heidi@Rainy Day Ramblings said...

I totally forgot that I am participating in Once Upon a REad a thong. I am even hosting a challenge. I better get on the stick! Thanks for the reminder!

Sam (Realm of Fiction) said...

I'm really glad you enjoyed All Our Yesterdays! I hope you like The Raven Boys and Friday Brown, too. Both of those worked really well for me, especially TRB (as you know!). ;) I haven't taken part in a read-a-thon before, but it looks like a lot of productive fun. I'll have to join in next time! :)

Sara @ Forever 17 Books said...

Good luck on your read-a-tons! I loved The Raven Boys and The DUFF. Hopefully you'll enjoy those too! :)

Aneeqah said...

I love some good readathons, yet I'll be at camp for the duration of the first, and have stuff to do for the second readathon, so I'm so sad I can't participate! But seriously, I'm SO glad that you have Between Shades of Gray on your list! Even though it breaks your heart a little, it's a gorgeous book, so I can't wait to see what you think. The Raven Boys is also a great book, so I hope you enjoy that one as well. I'm interested to see what you think of The DUFF, as I've seen some mixed thoughts.

Lovely list, Jasprit, and I hope all your readathons go awesome!!

Maji Bookshelf said...

Those are some awesome picks! Over You was a very cute read! and i know my sister LOVED The DUFF!!
- Farah @ MajiBookshelf

Unknown said...

Ooooh you haven't read the Raven Boys yet??? I really enjoyed that one, hope you do too! :)

Steph said...

Thanks for participating in the Cover2CoverBlog Mini Challenge! Good luck during the read-a-thon! I too have a lot of book crushes :)

Zemira said...

I suck at commenting on blogs but I do read the posts.
I'm glad you're participating in this read-a-thon too! I want to read Just One Year so bad! I was just thinking today will Allyson and Willem end up together. Haha I don't have any relationship drama so I worry about made up people.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...